Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

[0.2.4] TFC2 Prerelease

490 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Bioxx said:

Yes indeed. Maybe when we get more art for type of vegetation, we can change it up a bit, but for now the effect is intended.

Didn't hang for me but was certainly much slower to load than expected. The culprit is probably trees.

I probably will not be adding any TFC specific foods. There are a number of things that I may end up doing to change pams stuff around but I've got no intention of diving down the food rabbit hole again.

I understand your hesitation, reference the food rabbit hole.  But we really really really liked your fruit trees in TFC!  Its a shame Pam didn't do more than just hang fruit from oak and spruce trees.  Assuming you talked to her about how long she'll be supporting her mod, did you get a feel for whether or not she might be willing to adopt your fruit trees from TFC?  Would that even be possible? 

Edited by Popsicle
typo's

35 minutes ago, Popsicle said:

I understand your hesitation, reference the food rabbit hole.  But we really really really liked your fruit trees in TFC!  Its a shame Pam didn't do more than just hang fruit from oak and spruce trees.  Assuming you talked to her about how long she'll be supporting her mod, did you get a feel for whether or not she might be willing to adopt your fruit trees from TFC?  Would that it would even be possible? 

Can't TFC2 use the same fruit tree models from TFC1 and drop HarvestCraft fruit from them?

Awww... the link to the game in the OP is broken now :( 

indeed it is. dropbox link for 0.1.5 is a 404 (broken link)

On 4/11/2017 at 1:53 PM, Bioxx said:

On 4/11/2017 at 0:49 PM, MrBlack said:

I believe that is a feature, when weeds and such grow on a hard surface they will clump together to form a sort of dirt/waste clump. I think that is what Bioxx is going for.

Yes indeed. Maybe when we get more art for type of vegetation, we can change it up a bit, but for now the effect is intended.

Something like this, maybe?

Spoiler

2017-04-12_14.17.49.png

Also, I was able to download 0.1.5 before the link broke, but I don't know if I'm allowed to pass that around?

double_plant_scrub_bottom.png

double_plant_scrub_top.png

scrub.png

Something like that would be really nice and realistic looking addon to grass generation :) But these stone filars don't look so natural.

No idea why that file disappeared, it should be working again. The file is just completely gone from my dropbox o.O

7 hours ago, CtrlAltDavid said:

There was this little bump in the river and I don't know why and I think it's a bug!

I'll assume that was using 0.1.4, that should be fixed in 0.1.5

Just now, Bioxx said:

I'll assume that was using 0.1.4, that should be fixed in 0.1.5

Sorry it was, keep up the good work :D

These cave systems are enormous!  I followed one all the way from the surface down to bedrock and it kept going!

Spoiler

Don't know why my shaders thought a shaft of sunlight should be down here, but I managed to screenshot it shining on a zombie villager before it fixed itself.

2017-04-12_18.13.07.png2017-04-12_18.14.00.png2017-04-12_18.14.22.png

I would love to see a special mob that only spawns on bedrock to reward/punish you for ever going that deep.

Edited by Konlii

Chert loose stone does not drop it's item form. Was confused until I tried a new world lol

Scratch that, nothing in my world is ticking for some reason. Water doesn't spread when nearby blocks are broken, nor do loose stones. I'll get back to you when I find what's going on.

Seems like a relog fixes that. Also, I was able to kill a villager holding a iron sword, and was able to take said sword. Is that intentional?

Edited by xEden

3 hours ago, xEden said:

Chert loose stone does not drop it's item form. Was confused until I tried a new world lol

Scratch that, nothing in my world is ticking for some reason. Water doesn't spread when nearby blocks are broken, nor do loose stones. I'll get back to you when I find what's going on.

Seems like a relog fixes that. Also, I was able to kill a villager holding a iron sword, and was able to take said sword. Is that intentional?

Was the villager naturally spawned or did you spawn it?

6 hours ago, NigeltheFish said:

How/where do i install the TFC Jar

I answered that a couple of pages back

Thanks for fixing the download link Bioxx. So far I only explored in creative mode. I only generated 1 world so far, but the island is certainly "big enough". 

I am very impressed with procedural world generation so far. The landscapes don't look nearly as bad in hex chunks as I feared. The trees are amazing and the little rivers flowing from high up to the sea generate well. I had some fun in creative mode with a boat riding down the rapids :) The spires feature is very interesting. Breaking the base causes an entertaining cascade of rubble and gravel blocks. Will there be more "structures" like these? Can't wait to see all those animals modders made, spawning in the world.

Keep up the great work! Please give us an idea what features are already in the game, and which you plan to add later! 

Found a few bugs:

When i go through the portal on beach of the starting island I end up in the "path dimension"  and go out with the second portal I get to a desert island with portal back but some times it teleports me into the middle of an ocean with no portla back.(coldnt put here image becasu its to big)

I can not lookup crafting recipes in JEI (In normal crafting grindlike firestarter). Dont know if its a bug with JEI or TFC2.

Also I love the firepit texture and that you need rocks to make it but I cant find anything cookable in it. Keep up the good work and I am very excited for another update :D

10 minutes ago, dudo_fuzik said:

Found a few bugs:

When i go through the portal on beach of the starting island I end up in the "path dimension"  and go out with the second portal I get to a desert island with portal back but some times it teleports me into the middle of an ocean with no portla back.(coldnt put here image becasu its to big)

I can not lookup crafting recipes in JEI (In normal crafting grindlike firestarter). Dont know if its a bug with JEI or TFC2.

Also I love the firepit texture and that you need rocks to make it but I cant find anything cookable in it. Keep up the good work and I am very excited for another update :D

Try using NEI instead of JEI. 

Well thanks for trying. I'm sure it'll get added to the list.

Ok, this is maybe wierd but I have addiction to finding bugs so here is another few.

Found a portal and got to a subtropical island. Then it started lagging like crazy and I was wondering why so I opened F3 screen and found out that there were 2000 entities. It looks like there isnt mob cap or it bugged out.

While in creative mode when you open survival inventory the off hand slot texture is on hotbar but slot still in place. When exiting it goes back but upon entering it is again on hotbar.

And a small one. When item is dropped inventory doesnt update and ghost item remains. This also applies to giving items with cheats or JEI (with NEI too).

Sorry if I made gramatical mistakes English isnt my native languge. :D

20 minutes ago, dudo_fuzik said:

Ok, this is maybe wierd but I have addiction to finding bugs so here is another few.

Found a portal and got to a subtropical island. Then it started lagging like crazy and I was wondering why so I opened F3 screen and found out that there were 2000 entities. It looks like there isnt mob cap or it bugged out.

While in creative mode when you open survival inventory the off hand slot texture is on hotbar but slot still in place. When exiting it goes back but upon entering it is again on hotbar.

And a small one. When item is dropped inventory doesnt update and ghost item remains. This also applies to giving items with cheats or JEI (with NEI too).

Sorry if I made gramatical mistakes English isnt my native languge. :D

Can you please supply me with the world seed?

3168098752557973178  coords of the island are x:-726    z:-1991

Edited by dudo_fuzik

12 minutes ago, dudo_fuzik said:

3168098752557973178  coords of the island are x:-726    z:-1991

Dunno I'm not seeing the mass entities issue. Were you able to tell what type of entities were in the world? I know I've seen that bug happen in vanilla before where there were hundreds of mobs suddenly, but it could be a number of things really.

No, I dont know what entities it was because I only saw their amount on F3 screen but they werent on surface so it is probably hostile mobs or TFC2 mobs.

TFC2 mobs don't spawn yet to my knowledge.