Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

[0.2.4] TFC2 Prerelease

490 posts in this topic

Just had a portal drop me in the ocean.  Went through a portal near 948x, -10409z, 81y and then followed the path to the other side and the portal dropped me in the ocean around -155x, -1214z.  Only happened the first time I went through.  I tried again and it put me on land near a portal.

There is this little gap in the river before it ends in a see.

Edited by CtrlAltDavid

Still have that errant stepped palm tree appearing one in awhile.  Also palm trunk destruction particles have the no-texture purple-black look.

In the desert, I found an incident of a cactus spawning on top of tackweed.
Had an incident of two rivers merging and forming a higher level intersection:

Spoiler

2017-04-14_21.21.54.png

Also, that screenshot of the higher merge, that's a temperate climate island at tropical Y.  Is there really some part of the world that has a temperate climate, but lies on the equator, irl?  It seems a was to have temperate way down there.  Seems disappointing - I mean, if you're at the equator, you're probably looking for tropical or at least sub-tropical climate. 
And finally, a couple more river portals.  One is bridging the river entirely.  It happens more than one might expect, it seems!

Spoiler

2017-04-14_21.30.55.png2017-04-14_21.06.29.png

As an aside, I wonder if it might be a good idea to give portal structures more height?  I'm not sure if the goal is to make them hard to find or not, but I've seen a couple that were so hidden by trees, I never would have seen them if not for the biome map.  It seems like it might frustrate players who are just ready to move to the next island, if they can't find a portal.

2017-04-14_20.21.19.png

Edited by Darmo

I found a large wall of water sources that haven't been updated. It looks like you may have some elevation issues.

Spoiler

b99d090169bb16f70047613a25beaeda.jpg

Yeah like I said, lakes are a major work in progress.

Sorry no screenshot, but going north where temperature is below zero degrees Celsius the land does not generate snow and ice in river/lake hex chunks. 

Is it possible for TFC2 generated structures to have structureType names that work with the new 1.11 /locate command and In Control spawn rules?

Some things I noticed,

Tall grass makes  the dirt breaking noise and does not instantly break.

If you break the tall grass on a stone block with grass the grass disappears.

I'm having trouble installing the mod and looked but it seems I'm the only one. problem because I haven't installed a mod in a while can i get some help please 

1 hour ago, mup6897 said:

I'm having trouble installing the mod and looked but it seems I'm the only one. problem because I haven't installed a mod in a while can i get some help please 

I believe I figured it out: (It's similar to previous versions of TFC.)
1. Install Forge for 1.11.2
2. Download both links (TFC2 and Pam's Harvestcraft)
3. Place both .jars into the 'mods' folder.
4. Run the game.

One note I'm coming across is that the 'Loading Terrain' takes a long period. Is this normal? Just wanna check if it's not my process of installing the mod or not.
Seems to be fine now.

Playing around and notice a generation bug. A vanilla Minecraft oak spawned. (Image below)
6vdaOd8.png
Seed: 3306479743218333240

Also, using a knife and not receiving any straw from grass. (Not sure if it's not implemented or not.)

[Last Update]
Album of the building and destruction: Album

Edited by defiler86
Update

Looks like vanilla fossils are still generating.

Spoiler

2017-04-15_21.27.51.png

Yeah, so due to the use of vanilla biome information, the vanilla generation is still occurring to some extent. I'm mixed on that really. For now I'm going to ignore it, but if it becomes too easy to use vanilla objects to get around tfc mechanics perhaps, i'll look at disabling some of the vanilla gen bit by bit. That said, I'm sure I'll still disable some things as I come across them.

8 hours ago, defiler86 said:

I believe I figured it out: (It's similar to previous versions of TFC.)
1. Install Forge for 1.11.2
2. Download both links (TFC2 and Pam's Harvestcraft)
3. Place both .jars into the 'mods' folder.
4. Run the game.

One note I'm coming across is that the 'Loading Terrain' takes a long period. Is this normal? Just wanna check if it's not my process of installing the mod or not.
Seems to be fine now.

Playing around and notice a generation bug. A vanilla Minecraft oak spawned. (Image below)
6vdaOd8.png
Seed: 3306479743218333240

Also, using a knife and not receiving any straw from grass. (Not sure if it's not implemented or not.)

[Last Update]
Album of the building and destruction: Album

thanks for the help :) that worked perfectly

In the ocean there are sharp changes in the bottom and deep holes. In the ocean there are sharp changes in the bottom and deep holes.

2017-04-16_12.08.40 — копия.jpg

39 minutes ago, __LEXX__ said:

In the ocean there are sharp changes in the bottom and deep holes. In the ocean there are sharp changes in the bottom and deep holes.

You're never intended to legitimately see those locations, so its fine.

Updated to 0.1.7

*Important* A firestarter is now required to light an unlit firepit.

If you happen to find a worldgen issue that I may need to investigate for myself, please use the command "/dbg report" in game at the location. It will copy some relevant information to your systems clipboard which you can then paste into your post.

5 minutes ago, Bioxx said:

You're never intended to legitimately see those locations, so its fine.

I do not want to carp, but they can be seen without night vision. The player can keep them swimming on the boat. But I understand that this is a wound version.
I also found blocks of water above the ocean. If I see it again, I will attach a picture.

P.S.: TFC2 0.1.6

1 hour ago, __LEXX__ said:

I do not want to carp, but they can be seen without night vision. The player can keep them swimming on the boat. But I understand that this is a wound version.
I also found blocks of water above the ocean. If I see it again, I will attach a picture.

P.S.: TFC2 0.1.6

Players will not be able to reach those locations in the future as they are on the edges of the map zones and a mechanic will be put in place to prevent transitions by boat or swimming.

World Seed: [-954430973893469879] | IslandMap: [-1,-2] | PlayerPos: [BlockPos{x=-1952, y=70, z=-7683}]

2017-04-16_13.55.44.jpg

World Seed: [-954430973893469879] | IslandMap: [-1,-1] | PlayerPos: [BlockPos{x=-1387, y=92, z=-2796}]

3524232b9e.png

Fixed both of those now, silly mistakes on my part, thanks LEXX

3 minutes ago, Bioxx said:

Fixed both of those now, silly mistakes on my part, thanks LEXX

Always happy to help!
The hexagonal generation of the world is suggestive of a spherical world ...  =)

Hello. 

I'm really happy that you finally released TFC2 and we all (I think) appreciate that you implemented Pam's HarvestCraft into TFC :). I hope that it won't be a temporary solution and I hope that it will be working (the food) like it used to in TFC1 (I mean pickeling, tree/ bush growing or some new techniques of making food)

Like everybody I'm here to report you some bugs and crash that I found.

This happened when I spawned an Elk from egg in creative mode. It happend only once. It doesn't keep crashing all the time.
Crash report:

Spoiler

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

WARNING: coremods are present:
  TFCASMLoadingPlugin ([1.11.2]TFC2-0.1.7.jar)
Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge

// Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 4/16/17 4:25 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageEncoder.write(MessageToMessageEncoder.java:107)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.write(MessageToMessageCodec.java:116)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:658)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.write(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:716)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.write(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:651)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.write(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:637)
    at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.write(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:880)
    at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.write(AbstractChannel.java:230)
    at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeOutbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:195)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.FMLEmbeddedChannel.generatePacketFrom(FMLEmbeddedChannel.java:71)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.FMLNetworkHandler.getEntitySpawningPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTrackerEntry.func_151260_c(EntityTrackerEntry.java:494)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTrackerEntry.func_73117_b(EntityTrackerEntry.java:373)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTrackerEntry.func_73125_b(EntityTrackerEntry.java:483)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTrackerEntry.func_73122_a(EntityTrackerEntry.java:136)
    at net.minecraft.entity.EntityTracker.func_72788_a(EntityTracker.java:292)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:732)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:624)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:149)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.network.PacketBuffer.func_179249_a(PacketBuffer.java:188)
    at com.bioxx.tfc2.entity.DataSerializersTFC$6.write(DataSerializersTFC.java:133)
    at com.bioxx.tfc2.entity.DataSerializersTFC$6.func_187160_a(DataSerializersTFC.java:117)
    at net.minecraft.network.datasync.EntityDataManager.func_187220_a(SourceFile:210)
    at net.minecraft.network.datasync.EntityDataManager.func_187216_a(SourceFile:178)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.FMLMessage$EntitySpawnMessage.toBytes(FMLMessage.java:183)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.FMLRuntimeCodec.encodeInto(FMLRuntimeCodec.java:42)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.internal.FMLRuntimeCodec.encodeInto(FMLRuntimeCodec.java:32)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.FMLIndexedMessageToMessageCodec.encode(FMLIndexedMessageToMessageCodec.java:73)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec$1.encode(MessageToMessageCodec.java:67)
    at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageEncoder.write(MessageToMessageEncoder.java:89)
    ... 20 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.11.2
    Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
    Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 486666824 bytes (464 MB) / 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
    JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP 9.38 Powered by Forge 13.20.0.2228 8 mods loaded, 8 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
    UCHIJAAAA    minecraft{1.11.2} [Minecraft] (minecraft.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    mcp{9.19} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.11.2-13.20.0.2228.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    forge{13.20.0.2228} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.11.2-13.20.0.2228.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    tfc2_coremod{0.0.1} [TFC2[coremod]] (minecraft.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    mercurius_updater{1.0} [mercurius_updater] (MercuriusUpdater-1.11.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    harvestcraft{1.11.2g} [Pam's HarvestCraft] (Pam's HarvestCraft 1.11.2g.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    tfc2{0.0.1} [TerraFirmaCraft 2] ([1.11.2]TFC2-0.1.7.jar) 
    Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
TFCASMLoadingPlugin ([1.11.2]TFC2-0.1.7.jar)
  com.bioxx.tfc2.asm.transform.ModuleEntityRenderer
  com.bioxx.tfc2.asm.transform.ModuleWorldGen
  com.bioxx.tfc2.asm.transform.ModuleFood
    GL info: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['qer509'/2, l='New World', x=1895.82, y=78.01, z=-6803.76]]
    Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

The elk texture is a little bit broken.

Spoiler

iMGTZ7H.png

When the mobs gets damage they "jump" too high.

Spoiler

805jTRe.png

I wouldn't even bother reporting entity bugs atm. They aren't even remotely in a complete state. I have to do a lot of work there.

Two screenshots of the same lake.

The river connection is wrong:

C6RSscY.jpg

World Seed: [-1854710291148653541] | IslandMap: [0,-2] | PlayerPos: [BlockPos{x=1839, y=128, z=-6068}]

Lake is one and a half hex - probably not intentional?

o6eiUlF.jpg

World Seed: [-1854710291148653541] | IslandMap: [0,-2] | PlayerPos: [BlockPos{x=1840, y=140, z=-6090}]