Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

[0.2.4] TFC2 Prerelease

490 posts in this topic

Placing torches underneath the inverted stairs in dungeons causes the stairs to pop off as sticks.

2 hours ago, Stroam said:

That would be better as a set of achievements in the achievement menu IMO than in a book.

There's also an Achievement Books mod.

When ever you build your house out of logs and then break a block in the wall for a window or something it breaks all the blocks in a vertical line up turning them all into sticks.

7 hours ago, Stroam said:

When ever you build your house out of logs and then break a block in the wall for a window or something it breaks all the blocks in a vertical line up turning them all into sticks.

Were you building your house on sand or gravel by chance? Try building a support column down to rock so you aren't sitting on soft ground.

Portal paths sometimes have steps more than one block high.  Are they supposed to?

Spoiler

2017-04-26_10.12.41.png2017-04-26_10.15.35.png

18 minutes ago, Konlii said:

Portal paths sometimes have steps more than one block high.  Are they supposed to?

Reveal hidden contents

No they certainly arent, I'll take a look at that thanks.

When I use JEI with TFC2 and Pam's stuff, knapping doesn't work because the knapping overlay does not appear to be on the foreground.

2 minutes ago, Xardas said:

When I use JEI with TFC2 and Pam's stuff, knapping doesn't work because the knapping overlay does not appear to be on the foreground.

Press O to turn off JEI, that is not a tfc2 issue.

4 hours ago, Xardas said:

I think it's ctrl+O in JEI.

7 hours ago, Bioxx said:

Were you building your house on sand or gravel by chance? Try building a support column down to rock so you aren't sitting on soft ground.

I was on grass. So I then I dug down the 3 blocks until I hit stone and placed logs and it didn't make a difference. I did this for the entire house which is a shell of 12 logs around a 3x3 section. It has no roof and the walls are 12 high with a spiral staircase also made of logs. Every time I tried making a window at any level it broke all the logs above it into sticks which have at least one other pillar of logs touching it. Even if it were unsupported, should it be turning all the logs into sticks?

Edited by Stroam

31 minutes ago, Stroam said:

I was on grass. So I then I dug down the 3 blocks until I hit stone and placed logs and it didn't make a difference. I did this for the entire house which is a shell of 12 logs around a 3x3 section. It has no roof and the walls are 12 high with a spiral staircase also made of logs. Every time I tried making a window at any level it broke all the logs above it into sticks which have at least one other pillar of logs touching it. Even if it were unsupported, should it be turning all the logs into sticks?

I've made some significant changes to collapse code for the next version.

I figure that if Bioxx will ever dedicate enough time to Stone Age, it has to be now. Before he starts working on metal and ores.

So please Bioxx, make it so we are able to survive in Stone Age on the first Island, without the need for any metal tools or weapons.

We should be able to Survive, build a simple Hut or log cabin, have some domesticated animals and farm the land.

Another argument in favor is that it would make the mod completely playable even before the addition of the progression system and the Islands difficulty.

Once again, thank you. Thank you very much for this wonderful mod.

On 4/25/2017 at 10:07 PM, Stroam said:

You have stuff in your mod folder other than TFC2 and Pam's harvestcraft. It isn't a issue with this mod.

Stroam, the only other mod I have is Journey Map 1.11.2-5.4.6. TFC2 0.1.11 seems to work better, but hung once on the first time on generating terrain in a fresh new creative world. It looks like I also had the errors of not being able to generate Tiger entities. Second time it worked just fine.

It also seems to work much smoother in Peaceful mode. I went into a random cave before I set peaceful mode and there were dozens of creepers, zombies and witch or two within the first 100 meters of the cave. Sure seems deadly to enter a cave, you wouldn't have a chance in survival without diamond armor and sword.

I mapped the island using Journey map. My island is high grass lands in the middle with a few lakes and streams dotting the east and west. The are 2 "mega" lakes with huge streams flowing from them to the sea. There are 4 swamp areas. One swamp was very small and was fed by a stream from lake. However, the stream ended in the swamp even though the swamp was very close to the sea. I noticed one lake had a stream error when the water exiting the lake was lower than the lake then went back up the the level of the lake within 4 blocks. The stream was attempting to flow into the depression instead of downstream. I found 4 portals and went in the first one I found. It put me in a black area with a walkway that connected to another portal but that portal was closed (red). As far as animals, I found bison, cows and a grey fox looking creature although they were sparse.

I am really liking how the terrain is coming out. Seems like many bugs so far about terrain generation have been worked out.

TFC2 0.1.11:

Unfortunately I can't create firepit by the previous recipe: drop together 4 Rocks, 4 Sticks and 1 Log and burn this heap with Firestarter :( What do I wrong?

Edited by Buggy_Dan
added version

You need to add four pieces of straw to the recipe ;)

12 minutes ago, Buggy_Dan said:

TFC2 0.1.11:

Unfortunately I can't create firepit by the previous recipe: drop together 4 Rocks, 4 Sticks and 1 Log and burn this heap with Firestarter :( What do I wrong?

Wow! I have got it! Just add to heap 4 Straws :)

I think developers should add to changelog changing in recipes and crafts

24 minutes ago, Narmo said:

You need to add four pieces of straw to the recipe ;)

Thank you! Would you tell me, please, where I can find craft recipes cause changelog does not contain them?

15 minutes ago, Buggy_Dan said:

Wow! I have got it! Just add to heap 4 Straws :)

I think developers should add to changelog changing in recipes and crafts

To all who are having issues with various recipes and tactics here is an unofficial source of updated information.

2 hours ago, Buggy_Dan said:

Thank you! Would you tell me, please, where I can find craft recipes cause changelog does not contain them?

just follow the tread here, all informations and updates are clearly explained. You shouldn't have any problem with that ;) 

Was down in the tropics and found a 'desert' island that had no sand at all.  It appeared low moisture in color, but had large kapoks in abundance.  The biome map shows rivers and lakes everywhere.  I wasn't sure if this was as intended, or what.  The big kapoks just seem kind of not-desert-y to me.  I expected kapoks to be limited to higher moisture areas.

Spoiler

2017-04-28_23.14.59.pngtropicdesert.png

On a separate note, I was flying around this island looking for the 'spires' feature to find the re-written spires generation, but I never saw anything I would recognize as a spire (though by no means did I cover every inch of the map).  Are spires an extremely localized feature now?

It would probably be useful if a little bit more detail could be added to the biome map, maybe in the form of dots in the center of the hexes.  Maybe white for 'man-made' (like dungeons), and black for 'natural'.  Just those two for now, to keep things simple.  Then I could have looked at the biome map, looked for black dots in the middle of some hexes, and went and took a peek.  Maybe spires, maybe the small crater.  But it'd still help me find the features faster that just randomly flying around the island.  Dungeons could even be whole-hex colored, like the portals.  They're rare enough they wouldn't really obscure the underlying biomes.   But I would assume that some geographic features may be wide-spread enough to obscure the biomes excessively.

Edited by Darmo

20 hours ago, Darmo said:

Was down in the tropics and found a 'desert' island that had no sand at all.  It appeared low moisture in color, but had large kapoks in abundance.  The biome map shows rivers and lakes everywhere.  I wasn't sure if this was as intended, or what.  The big kapoks just seem kind of not-desert-y to me.  I expected kapoks to be limited to higher moisture areas.

Reveal hidden contents

On a separate note, I was flying around this island looking for the 'spires' feature to find the re-written spires generation, but I never saw anything I would recognize as a spire (though by no means did I cover every inch of the map).  Are spires an extremely localized feature now?

It would probably be useful if a little bit more detail could be added to the biome map, maybe in the form of dots in the center of the hexes.  Maybe white for 'man-made' (like dungeons), and black for 'natural'.  Just those two for now, to keep things simple.  Then I could have looked at the biome map, looked for black dots in the middle of some hexes, and went and took a peek.  Maybe spires, maybe the small crater.  But it'd still help me find the features faster that just randomly flying around the island.  Dungeons could even be whole-hex colored, like the portals.  They're rare enough they wouldn't really obscure the underlying biomes.   But I would assume that some geographic features may be wide-spread enough to obscure the biomes excessively.

Your seed there is the default 0 which means your client never generated an islandmap for itself. The features listed in that case are simply incorrect for the mountain. On the server half of your game it has chosen to generate what i suspect to be a subtropical island. Try doing a "/dbg report" for us from that location. Relogging from that world may also fix what you're seeing.

On 4/29/2017 at 9:44 PM, Darmo said:

Hide contents

2017-04-28_23.14.59.pngtropicdesert.png

how do you get the biome map?

@Bioxx I tried to make a story for TFC for a LAN game with my daughter. The problem was that time was moving while I did all the work and some things just glitched. But I made an underground bunker where the players "woke" from stasis pods with stasis sickness, causing them to remember nothing of their past. Most everything was damaged and unusable, other than the short range transporter that allowed them to go to the surface, where they were then stranded on the surface. The story came in the form of a log book found on the base commander's remains which explained that there was a nuclear war and they were put in stasis to rebuild after the earth had become livable again. I planned to use a quest book that would represent their memory of technologies as it returned over time.

Anyway, I know this is early in development, but It would be great if you could add something like that into the end product, or at least a way to freeze time and maybe physics while you are building to allow something like that to be set up before play begins.

World Seed: [6583363679947092438] | IslandMap: [0,-2] | PlayerPos: [BlockPos{x=1249, y=75, z=-6650}]

Ok, so things I noted:

• Thatch falls (I'm guessing intended) and drop only one straw
  • Logs cannot be placed without direct support under them and drop as sticks.
  • The terrain is pretty but still easy to see hexes.
  • Crap ton of mobs spawning with incredibly good vision
  • Fire still does nothing beyond raising the temp.
  • pit Kiln shows fire and smoke particles for a short time then nothing.
  • Two high grass gives 2 straw. I think that makes sense, but is it supposed to?

@Bioxx Is it possible to highlight your posts that announce a new release to that we could quickly scan back to be sure we are not giving you duplicate reports?