Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

[0.2.4] TFC2 Prerelease

490 posts in this topic

yeah, block updates eat a LOT of the proccesses. an example being, if you wait long enough, those broken waterfalls fix themselves.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Konlii said:

I've had this problem, too.  It seems like something in world generation, or perhaps the sudden appearance of gravity-affected blocks (like all of the sand in the nearby ocean), is chewing up cycles and lagging item drops hardcore so I end up sitting on the beach twiddling my thumbs for a while before things start happening.  Dropping my render distance seems to help, though.

Okay good to hear it wasnt just me. I'll try turning down my render distance. :)

I tried to run this with the latest 1.11.2 Forge, and it crashed
I only had one other mod besides TFC 2, and it was the latest Optifine version for 1.11.2
Here is the log on pastebin, if someone could take a look at it and tell me the problem id really appreciate it
https://pastebin.com/vGWeFV5s

Not a coder, but it looks like is missing Pam harvestcraft.

Also, I would recommend removing Optifine. TFC2 is in pre-Alfa mode, as so it is not the time to experience with other mods.

Keep it simple, The mod is not actually playable right now. The only thing you can do is look for bugs. Also, have some fun exploring the terrain generation.

2 hours ago, YerAWizard said:

Ok so I removed optifine and put in the latest 1.11.2 Pam's Harvestcraft version, and it crashed.

Here is the pastebin link to the log: https://pastebin.com/Y0URsLfr

There's no crash log in that report. If you want help you'll need to show the crash log which may be in the latest log or the crash log.

3 hours ago, YerAWizard said:

Ok i got the log from the crash here you go https://pastebin.com/EAFViVSY

Again

" This is just a prompt for computer specs to be printed. THIS IS NOT A ERROR "

I can see you are not very learned on how to diagnose minecraft crashes so here's a guide .

just wanted to pop back in to say that even I still appreciate everything you do bioxx :D

Keep it going you glorious man

Been fan of TFC 1 for a long time. Lova ya' Bioxx.

Regarding TFC 2. Can't wait for a solid version of the mod. Played a litle bit today, and i really love the new world gen.  The terrain looks awesome, really want to build a house on them cool looking cliffs.

Edited by RemasteredHugo

yes, bioxx has really done an awesome job on the world gen ;)

If there's anything I can reply with, it's the fact that this combined with a few mods easily ate up more than 1GB worth of RAM. It certainly decided to allocate 1.5 GB out of the 4GB I requested the java client to allocate to this unsurprising resource guzzling monster.

Edit - I'll try allocating more RAM to this and see if the situation changes.

Edited by NeverMore0011
Addition to the comment

I See that Kitty have some kind of Patreon page, is that actually yours? I know quite a few people that would like to see you guys succeed in this new development. If it helps in any way perhaps you could set up an TFC2-dedicated patreon? :) Thanks for a great experience over many hours in TFC1

Question here, I just want to confirm which version of forge. I get that it's 1.11.2 but there are many versions now and I can't seem to find anywhere exactly which version to use. 

I started the mod with what I think is the most used and stable version, but I can't seem to get items in my inventory. I can destroy blocks and stones but I don't receive any items. Would the forge version impact that? IF not what might I look for next? 

This is something I've been having a lot of trouble with and its about time I try get it resolved, I've stated on Twitter And On Youtube before that the inventory is very incompatible in both TFC's, of course your not going to fix tfc1 but whenever a player switches dimensions the inventory doesn't respond to items being added to it, also its incompatible with mods such as baubles dynamic armor custom NPCs galacticraft and much more, it's incompatible in the sense that any inventory bars that exist that are added by such mods in the survival inventory aren't accessible or even visable which bothers me when designing packs or compatibility between mods, I suggest that you don't add a custom inventory to tfc2 and that the weight bar and back slot can just be added to the inventory eather on the side like potion effects or in empty GUI space   

On 15.9.2017 at 3:55 PM, UnlimatedStone9 said:

This is something I've been having a lot of trouble with and its about time I try get it resolved, I've stated on Twitter And On Youtube before that the inventory is very incompatible in both TFC's, of course your not going to fix tfc1 but whenever a player switches dimensions the inventory doesn't respond to items being added to it, also its incompatible with mods such as baubles dynamic armor custom NPCs galacticraft and much more, it's incompatible in the sense that any inventory bars that exist that are added by such mods in the survival inventory aren't accessible or even visable which bothers me when designing packs or compatibility between mods, I suggest that you don't add a custom inventory to tfc2 and that the weight bar and back slot can just be added to the inventory eather on the side like potion effects or in empty GUI space   

There is supposedly a fix for this, but i have not tested it. (https://github.com/wormzjl/TFCraft/commit/45740fe9e2723910ba9b097319747066cc2e1855)

@Xhatz  I'm hoping that Bioxx is taking a break waiting for the 1.13 release, which will have huge code implications from what I understand, removing the block id limit, and altering how block data is set up.  It makes a lot of sense for Bioxx not to do tons of work that he'll have to redo most of with the next update.  Minecon is in two weeks, with any luck they'll announce a date for 1.13 at that time.  Since 1.8 they've been doing an update every 6-8 months I think, and the last one was June iirc.  So I'm hoping for 1.13 in the Dec-Feb range, and hopefully a resurgence in activity.  Hopefully.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, Darmo said:

@Xhatz  I'm hoping that Bioxx is taking a break waiting for the 1.13 release, which will have huge code implications from what I understand, removing the block id limit, and altering how block data is set up.  It makes a lot of sense for Bioxx not to do tons of work that he'll have to redo most of with the next update.  Minecon is in two weeks, with any luck they'll announce a date for 1.13 at that time.  Since 1.8 they've been doing an update every 6-8 months I think, and the last one was June iirc.  So I'm hoping for 1.13 in the Dec-Feb range, and hopefully a resurgence in activity.  Hopefully.

Since TFC uses sooo many blocks it does make sense. There's sand, dirt, grass, and stone for each rock type. Several different leaves and logs. Won't need to do the workarounds that we currently do for blocks. I honestly hope he redoes the inventory gui more like baubles or tinkers.