Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

some of these arent small (just ignore them).... also eternalundeath, please post the entire thing as it was stated or leave it out. your translation's are hit and miss at best.

1. re-add throwing eggs, just reduce spawn chance to 0%. (nothing more satisfactory than knocking a creeper off a tall wall or mountain with a gooey mass of flung protein and fatty acids :D)

2. add a support strut reskin for stone brick supports (would also make fancy columns :P) instead of axe to craft, use chisel or something.

3. grass drops seed only in fall

4. change fall season grass color to something more beige. (think dried grass) ->http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/12/50/5/688/6888123/image.jpg

^ at least for plains biomes

5. rabbits as a food mob. Main meat staple of many indigenous peoples, when kept in captivity they breed more effeciently than other most farm animals and produce more meat per pound of food supplied than most other livestock (indcluding chicken).

6. leather armor replacement. (paper, wood or cloth armor have all been suggested somewhere before). would be cloned/reskin of leather armor recipes.

7. stone tools only craftable from chert, basalt, quartzite, obsidian (should be a semi-rare rock type or vein in igneous rock layers), andesite, dacite and rhyollite.

8. one reed block = 3 paper pages.

9. reeds usable as sticks (except for torches). would be what bones are already.

10. Some sort of bamboo tree added to jungle biomes.

11. stone point item, to replace rock in javelin and arrow recipes. would look like this kindof.

# = removed rock chip in knapping menu, 0 = placeholder.

0##0

####

####

12. more scrub bush. essentially what the jungle has but for other biomes. just a reskin and addition to list of trees that spawn in a given biome.

13. rare, variable sized bald rock outcroppings in otherwise grassy areas.

14. addition of flint block and leaf block to mob ai. This will eventually become neccessary as two cows stuck in a tree will have entire generations of babies in that same tree and lag me to hell :P

15. rare cave-ins from walking ontop of the smooth stone roof of a cave (same behaviour as grass blocks with nothing underneath)

16. geological basis to world-gen (see dwarf fortress world generation). It would take a bloody half-day to generate a world but it would be worth it :P

17. reskin of nether to some random type of stone. nether portals would gen randomly and extremely rarely in stone of that type.

18. rehash of nether portal code to include reskin of portal animation to just being black (0,0,0 in rgb), to be horizontally formed as opposed to the current vertical formation, would also gen a 1x1, 2x2 downward tunnel of the portal blocks, mimicking a literal fall into a subterrainian cave/world. cant be player crafted (see above suggestion bullet).

19. signs craftable from one wood block plank over one stick like below.

#

|

20. reskin of wooden sign, as a stone sign. generated by right clicking on smooth stone with chisel. merely an additional mode is needed.

21. slight increase of torch light radius ~2 blocks

22. darker nights in winter, lighter nights in summer.

23. some sort of tinder system for starting fires.

24. testificate bellow assistants (just kidding)

25. the opposite of a cooling rack. The word slips my mind. Opposite of refridgeration, a place/container you place something to keep its current temperature.

26. trees are ~2 blocks taller on avg (is steve a giant or something?)

27. removal of ingame update-notification system. just one more thing to worry about, also would increase traffic to your site, which might soon provide revenue for Bioxx.

28. repair system consisting of several small tweaks. add temperature to metal headed tools. placing tool alone into crafting grid gives head back from tool with appropriate durability meter. Heat back to working temp in forge. add repair button in anvil gui, perhaps replacing quench.

29. repurpose cauldrons for quenching tool heads. right click on filled cauldron = quenching.

30. alternative to leather in construction of bellows. wool/ wool cloth would be easiest (whenever colored cloth bolts are included, as indicated by texture pack).

31. reskin of desert shrub to button/barrel cactus/prickly pear (the fruit tree of the desert).

32. replacing watermelons with squash/ gourds.

33. block of clay in forge = block of clay bricks.

34. adobe bricks. clay lump + dirt block + water bucket + wheat = adobe brick block.

35. dirt blocks + water bucket = one third dirty clay block. dirty clay block + water bucket = clay block.

36. clay block in crafting grid = 4 clay lumps. (annoying remnant from vanilla game).

37. more shift clicking support on average. I know most people do it almost as if by reflex.

38. metal cooling is paused while inventory is open for ~10 seconds to allow for less glitchy transfer of ingots/etc to various working blocks and containers.

39. not loading entire chunk vertically to reduce memory needed (if that is what occurs, honestly I have no idea, but I have to assume).

40. getting one or more strings per wool blocks in crafting grid, shouldnt have to kill spiders for a fishing rod :P

please pardon my grammar. I am a honey-badger in this regard XD

<wall-o-text>

Jesus O' Bastard, that's a lot of stuff.

When I said 'Tiny Tweaks Metathread', imagine the word 'Tiny' in bold italicized font. More than half of your suggestions merit their own thread.

...Wat.

Who are you?

Cuz I have my suspicions...

Posted Image

i have a slight idea. how about when you break the rocks on the ground you get the rock sprite, but when you break stone you get a stone/s sprite, cause it feels kinda weird that those little rocks on the ground can be used to make tools. or atleast make it so when you break a stone block you get multiple rocks, so when bioxx gets around to the construction portion of the mod we will get a full block, or atleast most of a block from a peice of stone and only one peice out of a rock. im not exactly sure how to explain it but im sure you guys get what im saying

some of these arent small (just ignore them).... also eternalundeath, please post the entire thing as it was stated or leave it out. your translation's are hit and miss at best.

1. re-add throwing eggs, just reduce spawn chance to 0%. (nothing more satisfactory than knocking a creeper off a tall wall or mountain with a gooey mass of flung protein and fatty acids :D)

2. add a support strut reskin for stone brick supports (would also make fancy columns :P) instead of axe to craft, use chisel or something.

3. grass drops seed only in fall

4. change fall season grass color to something more beige. (think dried grass) ->http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/12/50/5/688/6888123/image.jpg

^ at least for plains biomes

5. rabbits as a food mob. Main meat staple of many indigenous peoples, when kept in captivity they breed more effeciently than other most farm animals and produce more meat per pound of food supplied than most other livestock (indcluding chicken).

6.leather armor replacement. (paper, wood or cloth armor have all been suggested somewhere before). would be cloned/reskin of leather armor recipes.

7. stone tools only craftable from chert, basalt, quartzite, obsidian (should be a semi-rare rock type or vein in igneous rock layers), andesite, dacite and rhyollite.

8. one reed block = 3 paper pages.

9. reeds usable as sticks (except for torches). would be what bones are already.

10.Some sort of bamboo tree added to jungle biomes.

11.stone point item, to replace rock in javelin and arrow recipes. would look like this kindof.

# = removed rock chip in knapping menu, 0 = placeholder.

0##0

####

####

12.more scrub bush. essentially what the jungle has but for other biomes. just a reskin and addition to list of trees that spawn in a given biome.

13. rare, variable sized bald rock outcroppings in otherwise grassy areas.

14. addition of flint block and leaf block to mob ai. This will eventually become neccessary as two cows stuck in a tree will have entire generations of babies in that same tree and lag me to hell :P

15.rare cave-ins from walking ontop of the smooth stone roof of a cave (same behaviour as grass blocks with nothing underneath)

16.geological basis to world-gen (see dwarf fortress world generation). It would take a bloody half-day to generate a world but it would be worth it :P

17.reskin of nether to some random type of stone. nether portals would gen randomly and extremely rarely in stone of that type.

18.rehash of nether portal code to include reskin of portal animation to just being black (0,0,0 in rgb), to be horizontally formed as opposed to the current vertical formation, would also gen a 1x1, 2x2 downward tunnel of the portal blocks, mimicking a literal fall into a subterrainian cave/world. cant be player crafted (see above suggestion bullet).

19.signs craftable from one wood block plank over one stick like below.

#

|

20. reskin of wooden sign, as a stone sign. generated by right clicking on smooth stone with chisel. merely an additional mode is needed.

21. slight increase of torch light radius ~2 blocks

22. darker nights in winter, lighter nights in summer.

23. some sort of tinder system for starting fires.

24. testificate bellow assistants (just kidding)

25. the opposite of a cooling rack. The word slips my mind. Opposite of refridgeration, a place/container you place something to keep its current temperature.

26. trees are ~2 blocks taller on avg (is steve a giant or something?)

27. removal of ingame update-notification system. just one more thing to worry about, also would increase traffic to your site, which might soon provide revenue for Bioxx.

28. repair system consisting of several small tweaks. add temperature to metal headed tools. placing tool alone into crafting grid gives head back from tool with appropriate durability meter. Heat back to working temp in forge. add repair button in anvil gui, perhaps replacing quench.

29. repurpose cauldrons for quenching tool heads. right click on filled cauldron = quenching.

30. alternative to leather in construction of bellows. wool/ wool cloth would be easiest (whenever colored cloth bolts are included, as indicated by texture pack).

31. reskin of desert shrub to button/barrel cactus/prickly pear (the fruit tree of the desert).

32. replacing watermelons with squash/ gourds.

33. block of clay in forge = block of clay bricks.

34. adobe bricks. clay lump + dirt block + water bucket + wheat = adobe brick block.

35. dirt blocks + water bucket = one third dirty clay block. dirty clay block + water bucket = clay block.

36. clay block in crafting grid = 4 clay lumps. (annoying remnant from vanilla game).

37. more shift clicking support on average. I know most people do it almost as if by reflex.

38. metal cooling is paused while inventory is open for ~10 seconds to allow for less glitchy transfer of ingots/etc to various working blocks and containers.

39. not loading entire chunk vertically to reduce memory needed (if that is what occurs, honestly I have no idea, but I have to assume).

40. getting one or more strings per wool blocks in crafting grid, shouldnt have to kill spiders for a fishing rod :P

Going to make an equally long list of responses.

1.Or throw-able stones that have the same effect would be nice.

2.What is the benefit of stone supports?

3.Grass should drop more during fall not only during fall.

4.Seasonal foliage colors should be added.

5.Rabbits may get Mo' Creatures mad at us.

6.We have discussed leather replacements, leather should soon become more avaliable, besides leather makes better armor.

7.That would make stone tools very biome specific and hard to get at times.

8.Isn't it easy enough just to grow more reeds?

9.No comprendo.

10.bamboo is a bush, but yes bamboo would be nice.

11. sharpening rocks, I suppose that makes sense.

12.Why, when we could add berry bushes?

13.That would look really frickin cool.

14.Definitely agree although this may be tough to code.

15.Previously suggested, that would be fun.

16.Are you saying options to control world gen?

17.I agree the nether needs to be brought back but portals should still be built that way no noobs can randomly stumble on one.

18.Are referring to the entrance of the Nether? Or another world entirely?

19.Signs are rather tough to make, I think the next minecraft update addresses this.

20.inscription would be awesome. Had an idea for this might explain it later.

21.I don't see why, torches aren't that hard to make.

22.Agreed.

23.I like that but where would we get the tinder?

24.You so funny! (jk)(jk about the jk)

25.It would have to be tough to craft and food would spoil real quick inside.

26.He is almost six foot, and ya i see what you mean but this isn't a necessary change.

27.I disagree, I find it very convenient.

28.Repair isn't that easy it should actual require work and resources.

29.Quench button will work fine, I think cauldrons might be used there though.

30.Already discussed leather alternatives.

31.Or just more desert plants.

32.Or we could just add squash/gourds.

33. I think mortar is being added to make brick blocks.

34.Yes, add that.

35.Not all dirt has clay in it.

36.No, clay blocks required.

37.Agreed, I'm sure he is working on that.

38.?

39.I don't think that is possible, if it is i don't see why he hasn't already done that.

40.You would need a spinning wheel for this.

That was ridiculously long. Oh, hope you don't mind that i numbered your post for convenience.

bumping this topic, requesting it be made sticky so people can stop making new threads every time they want to post a tweak-like suggestion (mainly to cut down on the repeated suggestions)

bumping this topic, requesting it be made sticky so people can stop making new threads every time they want to post a tweak-like suggestion (mainly to cut down on the repeated suggestions)

Lol yeah, that's pretty much the reason I made this thread in the first place - got tired of seeing tiny little snippets of suggestions all over the forum

bumping again.

-making sand digging as or less effecient than dirt.

Stone + Bloomery + Fuel = Small amounts of random metal? Would probably limit to one type of stone at a time (to define ores)

This would be mainly for a way to get metal without finding ores.

The stone type could limit what ores you can get.

Granite -> Tin, Bismuth, Copper, Gold, Silver, Lead.

Basalt -> Iron, Gold, Lead, Silver, Copper

Gabbro -> Copper, Gold, Tin, Nickel, Silver

This would be in small enough amounts that it wouldn't be feasible to do this in the long run (without help), but might get you enough tin for a chisel.

It would also limit storage demands. (Goodbye 12 Double chests of stone (I store too much of that stuff...))

Edit: Damnit, you need a chisel for a bloomery, which would be the only reasonable way to *smelt* the stones. I guess a firepit could be used, but that could lead to inventory stacking issues. Mabye stone gets its ores defined when heated, but loses them when it cools down (so it can re-stack). This could be abused to specifically get low-temp metals, but who cares :D.

-anvil recycling. put anvil in bloom, get 14 melted ingot worth of the metal back.

Something should probably be lost in the process. Maybe like 10 ingots worth of metal back.

-fruit trees to drop more than 1 fruit per leaf block. 2-3 would be good

if anything, fruit drops need to be nerfed. Even WITHOUT an orchard, the naturally-spawning fruit trees give way more food than 3-4 players on my server could possibly use. We're still using it a year later.

-Add something to make finding cave interesting. Maybe fungus or random sized stalactite/stalagmite generation?

-make rock type transistion less drastic.

I adore these two suggestions. This mod already makes caves a little more interesting, expanding on that would be amazing. Also rock transitions are very odd-looking at the moment.

-some sort of mechanic to make bellows pumping automatic or enable player to work them from inside of forge gui.

Redstone can pump bellows. Find some cinnabar :)

Some of these probably seem bigger than small tweaks to some other people, but you know " its just like my opinion, man" :P

Hope my feedback on your opinions doesn't annoy or offend you :)

• Has anyone made a metal axe yet? Exactly, you don't need one. Stone axes are way toooo much durable and cut trees like butter.They should be nerfed!!
  • Sandstone is mined way too fast, it needs a change there IMO
  • Cold Unhsaped metals should stack to 8 too!!!!

Stone + Bloomery + Fuel = Small amounts of random metal? Would probably limit to one type of stone at a time (to define ores)

This would be mainly for a way to get metal without finding ores.

The stone type could limit what ores you can get.

Granite -> Tin, Bismuth, Copper, Gold, Silver, Lead.

Basalt -> Iron, Gold, Lead, Silver, Copper

Gabbro -> Copper, Gold, Tin, Nickel, Silver

This would be in small enough amounts that it wouldn't be feasible to do this in the long run (without help), but might get you enough tin for a chisel.

It would also limit storage demands. (Goodbye 12 Double chests of stone (I store too much of that stuff...))

Edit: Damnit, you need a chisel for a bloomery, which would be the only reasonable way to *smelt* the stones. I guess a firepit could be used, but that could lead to inventory stacking issues. Mabye stone gets its ores defined when heated, but loses them when it cools down (so it can re-stack). This could be abused to specifically get low-temp metals, but who cares :D.

A gyroscope couldn't even balance that idea.

Why mine for metals then? Yes it would be cool for the people with one or two chests of the stuff, but I know many a person with entire warehouses of rocks. They'd never need to mine! Just find a stone type you like and dig it all up - infinite metals. It's like a troll physics comic.

I mean I guess you could balance it by adding such tiny amounts of ore per rock that you'd only get an ingot every 4 stacks or so, but then either you have to recode the bloomery to count how many rocks are in it before smelting, or you have to recode the smelting process to use fixed point variables like Int instead of floating point, because floats have a high tendency of giving roundoff errors at the 17-places-out mark. And since you'd be dealing with numbers that small for metal values of individual rocks, little rounding errors like that would give you weird and inconsistent amounts.

• Has anyone made a metal axe yet? Exactly, you don't need one. Stone axes are way toooo much durable and cut trees like butter.They should be nerfed!!
  • Sandstone is mined way too fast, it needs a change there IMO
  • Cold Unhsaped metals should stack to 8 too!!!!

1) I think no one makes metal axes because there's no reason not to make a metal saw, which performs much better in every respect. In fact, I'm not quite sure why there's even an axe plan.

2) Added to OP

3) 8 seems a bit high - mind if I lower it to 4?

1) I think no one makes metal axes because there's no reason not to make a metal saw, which performs much better in every respect. In fact, I'm not quite sure why there's even an axe plan.

2) Added to OP

3) 8 seems a bit high - mind if I lower it to 4?

1) Except in making support beams out of logs, you need the axe for those.

3) 8 is the stack limit for ingots, wich are unshaped metal with shape. Don't you agree? They are basicaly the same thing and ocuppy the same space

1) Except in making support beams out of logs, you need the axe for those.

3) 8 is the stack limit for ingots, wich are unshaped metal with shape. Don't you agree? They are basicaly the same thing and ocuppy the same space

1) true - still though, how often do you really need to use that feature? Stone is still effective. Frankly, I think the axe plan should just be ousted. Just use the saw as a metal-tiered axe equivalent, and I don't think anyone will even notice.

2) Can you really stack ingots to 8?! Damn I never even knew cold ingots stacked! T_T Frankly, I think that should be nerfed to 4 as well, then

Yes, they do!! In fact, I convert all of them into ingots because of the nerfed chests, whenever I need to create alloys, I just melt them again, a good trade of for the time, fuel and hammers used

I think there should be a Kapok Sapling and an item that works like the old Bone Meal, for Creative Mode only.

I think there should be a Kapok Sapling and an item that works like the old Bone Meal, for Creative Mode only.

No, there will not be a Kapok nor Sequoia saplings. A good lesson from Bioxx about excessive deforestation in the world. Like those trees? learn to appreciate them

For Creative Mode only.

he means, make it so the item exists, but doesn't drop naturally, so if you're trying to build/design a specific area with creative mode, you can grow what you need, and a quick-grow item to replace the lost bonemeal function so you dont have to wait for it to grow.

Well, there still exist NEI and TMI, so if it's added to the creative mode only, it will as well be added to the survival mode for guys like me :D

i like the kapok saplings and bone-meal equivalent for creative idea, i would add the sequoia saplings to it :3

You can place the log blocks and the leaves in Creative.

BTW, i can't place saplings in Creative though, did I installed something wrong?

Well, there still exist NEI and TMI, so if it's added to the creative mode only, it will as well be added to the survival mode for guys like me :D

i like the kapok saplings and bone-meal equivalent for creative idea, i would add the sequoia saplings to it :3

its only added for you if 1, you're playing SSP and have no self control or 2. You're playing on SMP and have ops, and have no self control

Those saplings have always been obtainable in Creative. You two should learn to figure things out for yourselves instead of whining in these forums.

Well, Biodigious, i'm sorry if i didn't know that they were obtainable in creative, i'm just guessing here because right now i don't even have my own computer, and i won't have it for months, so i haven't played the game for quite a while -the last time i seen, there were no support beams-... i guess i have to be actually playing the game to participate in the forums :

blah blah blah...i guess i have to be actually playing the game to participate in the forums :

Yes

Yes

That isn't fair, nice, or true.

I for one will not see a community member excluded from these forums, simply because he doesn't have access to his own computer.

Guy has been a helpful and contributing member of the forum for as long as I have been here. While his dated memories of the game will affect certain aspects of his ability to participate in the community, it does not mean his input is useless.

A forum is an online community, and contributing to the forum doesn't require you to be currently actively participating in the action that forum is centred around.

Guy has played TFC, he is prevented from doing so by factors outside of his control.

I don't see how that means he can't participate on the forum.