Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

I think there should be a Kapok Sapling and an item that works like the old Bone Meal, for Creative Mode only.

Not adding to the OP

People with inventory editors like NEI or TMI will justify cheating them in with 'they cant be obtained legit, so I have to', and the message will be lost.

Sequoia/Kapok wood blocks and leaves are already available in creative. Build the trees, if you want them.

Those saplings have always been obtainable in Creative. You two should learn to figure things out for yourselves instead of whining in these forums.

Well nevermind then.

Seriously though man, chill the fuck out. No need to get personal like that

People with inventory editors like NEI or TMI will justify cheating them in with 'they cant be obtained legit, so I have to', and the message will be lost.

Sequoia/Kapok wood blocks and leaves are already available in creative. Build the trees, if you want them.

this doesnt work if you're in smp and NOT op

Well nevermind then.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Watch the cussing. I mean shit, dude.

That isn't fair, nice, or true.

I for one will not see a community member excluded from these forums, simply because he doesn't have access to his own computer.

Guy has been a helpful and contributing member of the forum for as long as I have been here. While his dated memories of the game will affect certain aspects of his ability to participate in the community, it does not mean his input is useless.

A forum is an online community, and contributing to the forum doesn't require you to be currently actively participating in the action that forum is centred around.

Guy has played TFC, he is prevented from doing so by factors outside of his control.

I don't see how that means he can't participate on the forum.

I totally agree, the spreading of false informative should be encouraged.

Not adding to the OP

Well nevermind then.

Man, this page looks so much cleaner now.. I wonder why ¬.¬

I would just like to point out that Biodigious is a blatant troll, thus far he has contributed the grand total of about one useful post to the forum. In my opinion, ignoring him would be no loss. Perhaps when he stops being an ass it might be worth unblocking him.

On an on topic note, I don't think there should be Kapok or Sequoia saplings. Even if it was restricted to Op's, it would still minimize the intended downsides assosciated with cutting down these huge trees. If Op's can replant them, what stops people from cutting them down ? The main driver right now is the beauty of the area and the (comparative) rarity of these trees. If Op's can replant then instantly grow them, both of those are lost.

That said, if they are already there, Bioxx is unlikely to remove them.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Watch the cussing. I mean shit, dude.

I totally agree, the spreading of false informative should be encouraged.

1) You think you're being funny and clever. You're not. You're being obnoxious.

2) You seem to be mistaking abrasive sarcasm for wit. ...that's my bit. Quit it.

Putting this here because I adore this mod. It fixes SO many problems that vanilla has, it's not even funny.

However there's two things I really really miss.

One is glowstone. Not only is it more powerful than the torch, but it simply looks amazing, can be put underwater and most places torches refuse to go like the back block of a stairway.

With the current build in TFC, it's very very hard to get into the neither at all. Not that I would want to go there. Neither is not my cup of tea.

There was a plugin in bukkit that made it so that you could get glowstone dust by shoveling sand. While I am in no way suggesting that as it would certainly make it an easier way to gain light rather than crafting torches, I would love to see 'glowstone dust' as a type of ore found deep in the earth. That way it is guaranteed that you have at least progressed somewhat to gain the privilege of owning some glowstone light sources.

The other is pistons. (and a lever respectively)

I really don't like having to hold down F5 or whatever it is to not ruin your crops, so small piston farms are really the only way I'll get into farming. Tweaking the vanilla recipe a bit and pistons can perhaps find a place in TFC.

what does holding f5 do?, walking on crops doesnt trample them anymore only jumping on them does

f5 changes my camera angle ¬.¬

Putting this here because I adore this mod. It fixes SO many problems that vanilla has, it's not even funny.

However there's two things I really really miss.

One is glowstone. Not only is it more powerful than the torch, but it simply looks amazing, can be put underwater and most places torches refuse to go like the back block of a stairway.

With the current build in TFC, it's very very hard to get into the neither at all. Not that I would want to go there. Neither is not my cup of tea.

There was a plugin in bukkit that made it so that you could get glowstone dust by shoveling sand. While I am in no way suggesting that as it would certainly make it an easier way to gain light rather than crafting torches, I would love to see 'glowstone dust' as a type of ore found deep in the earth. That way it is guaranteed that you have at least progressed somewhat to gain the privilege of owning some glowstone light sources.

The other is pistons. (and a lever respectively)

I really don't like having to hold down F5 or whatever it is to not ruin your crops, so small piston farms are really the only way I'll get into farming. Tweaking the vanilla recipe a bit and pistons can perhaps find a place in TFC.

1) The nether is being reworked drastically, just like the overworld was. When/if Dunk pops into this thread and tells us that glowstone will no longer be a thing, I will add 'make glowstone a spawning ore' to the OP. Until then, we wait.

2) Pistons are... erm... Idk, I just don't like the idea of having pistons in TFC. The earliest examples of minecraft-like pistons I can find are from the early 1800s, well inside the bounds of the temporal forbidden zone established by Bioxx, and I feel that they kind of betray the atmosphere a bit.

1) The nether is being reworked drastically, just like the overworld was. When/if Dunk pops into this thread and tells us that glowstone will no longer be a thing, I will add 'make glowstone a spawning ore' to the OP. Until then, we wait.

2) Pistons are... erm... Idk, I just don't like the idea of having pistons in TFC. The earliest examples of minecraft-like pistons I can find are from the early 1800s, well inside the bounds of the temporal forbidden zone established by Bioxx, and I feel that they kind of betray the atmosphere a bit.

1) hello, because i want the nether to be completely dark, glowstone doesn't have much of a place, does it? :( so I've been thinking, what do you guys think of the idea of giant stalactites (and/or stalagmites) with glow stone cores in the nether?

2) We don't like the idea of free energy from redstone, so if the mod ever gets there, we might incorporate pistons into some sort of steam-driven redstone current generator.

but don't get your hopes up.

-snip-

I'm just happy that Bioxx sticks to his guns so determinedly. I am very happy with the forbidden time period :P

1) hello, because i want the nether to be completely dark, glowstone doesn't have much of a place, does it? :( so I've been thinking, what do you guys think of the idea of giant stalactites (and/or stalagmites) with glow stone cores in the nether?

2) We don't like the idea of free energy from redstone, so if the mod ever gets there, we might incorporate pistons into some sort of steam-driven redstone current generator.

but don't get your hopes up.

maybe redstone torches run out of power, that way they would act more like fuel cells rather than an infinite power generator on a stick.

maybe redstone torches run out of power, that way they would act more like fuel cells rather than an infinite power generator on a stick.

we plan on dumping the torches
sorry, we're thinking of redstone as more of a late game luxury. You can certainly find it early on in cinnabar, but you won't have the means to use it. Buttons, switches and pressure plates will merely act as an on/off. They will, by default be off, and when activated, will allow any red stone current connected to them to connect to any other adjacent deactivated redstone wires. In the future of TFC, energy will be scarce, and you will have to engineer your own full scale energy generator to make use of redstone

(We might make it more worth your while too)

Give scythes ability to cut vines as well i have this willow farm because of greater log yield and the vines just spread out everywhere

Give scythes ability to cut vines as well i have this willow farm because of greater log yield and the vines just spread out everywhere

...scythes can cut vines.

People use glowstone to make decorative lamps instead of using torches. Couldn't we just get lamps instead. However, if lamps are designed to use some kind of fuel, then I guess glowstone ore mined from hell stalactites could be crafted/smelted into some kind of nifty permaglow substance. :U

Make stone indestructible to the bare hand (just like trees), requiring either a hammer or pickaxe to break.

we plan on dumping the torches sorry, we're thinking of redstone as more of a late game luxury. You can certainly find it early on in cinnabar, but you won't have the means to use it. Buttons, switches and pressure plates will merely act as an on/off. They will, by default be off, and when activated, will allow any red stone current connected to them to connect to any other adjacent deactivated redstone wires. In the future of TFC, energy will be scarce, and you will have to engineer your own full scale energy generator to make use of redstone (We might make it more worth your while too)

How will inverters work, then?

How will inverters work, then?

You'd have to do it manually I guess. We're trying to make it more realistic. But remember, redstone won't just be limited to minecraft's current mechanics. We might have it be useful for more things, possibly more automation or more complex machines.

has anyone thought of this before ?

1) banded layers of rock

rock layers can intermingle giving the effect of natural geology and giving the deeper layers of rock a better look instead of the strait up and down look they currently have

2) glacial erratics

large hunks of rock that spawn on the surface that don't match the nearby rock

these could help determine where to find spacific ores by looking for more glacial erratics

Steam power and pistons were a technology that could have developed and spread much earlyer than the 17-1800's. This is a particularly good read for anyone intrested in the development of more complicated technology, and why it happened when and where it did.

Much (not all) of the delay on things like pistons which pushed them to the 'forbidden zone' can be traced to philosophical blind spot on the existance of vacume, and later the understanding of heat and energy. Not because people couldnt construct these things, more because of little facets of history that pushed societys understanding in diffrent directions.

Although I'd always prefer larger dynamic machines constructed using wheels, weights and pullys, than the single block pistons powered by magic and unicorns (seriously how do vanilla pistons even work?).

The ancient Greeks used Pneumatics/Hydraulics to make machines far more complex then basic pistons, I'm not really sure why that is an issue if its a hydraulic piston. Most people underestimate their technology. Cannons, cranes, machine guns, alarm clocks, automatic doors, computers, vending machines all without the slightest bit of electricity.

1. Get rid of the stone shovel

2. Add a Carving mechanic identical to the Knapping one, but using a log and a knife instead of two rocks.

3. Use the Carving mechanic to make:

*Bowls

*Wooden Shovels

*Clubs- the same shape as the Mace plan

*Wooden Hoes/plows

If my explanation was confusing, I'm sorry. It's half past midnight and I'm too tired to think properly.

1. Get rid of the stone shovel

2. Add a Carving mechanic identical to the Knapping one, but using a log and a knife instead of two rocks.

3. Use the Carving mechanic to make:

*Bowls

*Wooden Shovels

*Clubs- the same shape as the Mace plan

*Wooden Hoes/plows

If my explanation was confusing, I'm sorry. It's half past midnight and I'm too tired to think properly.

I love this idea. As how the same recipee of two rocks allows us to make 4 different tools using the GUI. The same can be done with the knife and the logs to craft all that!

I like that idea, although removal of the stone shovel is unnecessary, nothing unbelievable about that.