Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kickinit233

(WIP) Ancient Alloys

7 posts in this topic

I'm working on a ancient alloys mod that adds in more basic alloys and some "lost" alloys that are practical and interesting. Currently I am working on

Arsenic Copper: a basic but strong allow that is a early game alloy (low tier)

Arsenic bronze: a form of bronze featuring an exceptionally high strength and durability (medium tier)

Mokume Gane: not really a  tool material, but one of my favorite alloys (medium tier)

Cupronickel: a strong copper nickel alloy (medium tier)

Crucible steel: a highly strong steel made from pig iron and wrought iron  (medium tier)

Tamahagane: the famous high grade Japanese steel that is difficult to manufacture (High tier)

Bulat Steel: an ancient and strong steel originating from Russia (high tier)

Bintie: an ancient Chinese steel (high tier)

Toldeo steel: an ancient roman alloy that is known for its excellent composition (high tier)

Noric steel: an ancient viking steel made from bog iron (high tier)

Wootz steel, an incredibly strong alloy (high tier)

Would be so cool if you added Damascus Steel.Its one of the alloys that even scientists cant produce the original one.

Edited by ByHajl
Corrected my wrong word. (Damactus to Damascus)

Tamahagane is actually not a particularly good steel, nor is it a single steel type.

Once Tamahagane is formed, using almost exactly the same process that every other people have done by melting ore, draining the slag, and beating the resulting metal into submission, it is sorted into Shingane (soul-steel, a mild low-carbon steel with high ductility), and Hagane (blade-steel, which is the high-carbon steel). Hagane is forged in almost exactly the same manner as wootz steel. The trick that Katana makers use, and the reason they have the slight curve, is that they will fold the Shingane around the back of the Hagane (much like folding a taco, actually) to reinforce it. You see, the high carbon steel can hold a very fine edge, but it can be brittle. The low carbon steel is able to absorb the impacts without fracturing.

tl;dr: Just use Wootz to represent Tamahagane, it's almost exactly the same methodology to produce. They both use a blend of high and low carbon steel to offset each other's weaknesses. To effect this mechanically in TFC, instead of welding two identical types of steel to form the billet to make the blade, weld one high carbon steel to one low carbon steel.

I got my O face on :O

Can you add any of the enemies from 7th saga 2 also? Not sure if it's expandable to that much... Man that would make for an awesome add-on

_____
XEvil 4.0: NEW! the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2

You can ask AdG or MeG players if one want to sell you the book he will not use any more... but carefull may be he will try to attract you...