Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Inf0214

Improved PVE

6 posts in this topic

I have played TFC for a long time and the mod in itself is great in the progression aspect. I just find it lacking in pve encounters. Yes the mobs are harder, but nothing that cant be overcome by skill and even a stone tool. Once you are in iron/steel age its just way too easy. There are two ways to solve this. 

1. We need a reason to fight these monsters and go out at night. These could be better drops or more combat related skills ( not sure if skills are still a thing in TFC2 ) 
  2. The monsters need to endanger our lives, now this might seem harsh but hear me out, what if every new moon/full moon the protection you get around your base is gone and monsters come to kill you. They could have improved AI so they target torches and active structures around the player like Forge, Bloomery, Blast furnace. This way you have to defend your base or run away on these nights which hinders your progression, also gives a reason to build walls and not just have everything next to your small house. The amount/quality of monsters could depend on your progress in the ages and your experience, someone in stone/bronze will only attract zombies/skeletons while someone in steel age gets spider jokeys/armored zombies. 

Now I know that the second one might be better suited for a mod and that way it could include some configs that can add more enemys from other mods and even new targets that the mobs are drawn to. But the first one would not be hard to implement. Like 0,1% chance that a monster drops some seeds which might not naturaly grow on your island. 

After some digging I found a mod called "NoShelter" which does periodic invasions. Couldnt get it to work in TFC1 but I will keed trying.

EDIT: Could not get it to work but it seems another one works which has similar features called "MonsterSwarm" Testing it ATM. 

Edited by Inf0214

This suggestion is really cool!

This could add a lot more flavor into TFC1, but would most likely be in TFC2.

Furthermore, I believe it would make the gameplay experience more interesting and scary.

This addition's potential success can be seen in other mods, for example; The Invasion Mod, created by Lieu and updated by unstoppableN (Skydaz).

This mod makes defending your base a challenge, with constant waves of various mobs that have diversifying skills. These

mobs have two intents, to kill you and destroy your Nexus. This mod has done pretty well for itself, its still getting downloads 

to this day, even though its for MC version 1.7.10: this is because it is interesting and scary! (MCForum). Monsters coming to hunt down your

base to kill you, and ruin all of your hard work is frightening! The fear factor also gives a lot of incentive to protect

your base; and the beauty of it is, this mod is for Minecraft. You have infinite ways to shield yourself and your home from 

the horrid beasts of the night. Mostly anything can be made, all you have to do is just think of it, then build it. 

Having infinite ways to defend against these attacks is very interesting! If something like Inf0214's suggestion and

The Invasion Mod  could be implemented into TFC2, It would definitely makeTFC2 an enjoyable experience.

Work cited & Links

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1278438-1-6-2-forge-invasion-mod-v0-12-0-so-you-think

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2235041-invasion-mod-so-you-think-your-base-is-tough

https://www.skydaz.com/invasion-mod-installer-for-minecraft-1-7-10/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2214385-noshelter-ai-and-invasion-mod-that-leaves-no

My issue with the invasion mod was that it was only active when you started it, So you could just build a great defense and start after that. It was more like a minigame and not part of the world. A fix periodic invasion which is based on your progression is way more fitting for TFC.  

In my modpack, I used MobProperties and Just Another Spawner mods to change mobs behavior:

• periodic raids with mobs type depending on moon phase (one night with huge amounts of standard zombies, another with heavy armoured creatures, some nights with peaceful zombie pigmans, etc).
  • some precious drops added
  • burning monsters spawn block of dirt/cobble or fire upon death - it can ruin your fence or trench.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to change AI.

But if it is possible by means of mod code, it would be much more immersive to provide intelligent hostile mobs which can break blocks, spawned if island is not conquered, instead of plain block placement ban.

Edited by ciekma