Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Arktic

TFC1 1.12+ port

150 posts in this topic

Anything is possible, but not all things are practical. We are sticking with the 1.7.10 worldgen model for the moment. There will be tweaks and changes, but we will not be doing a redesign that hexes or similar terrain generation would require. Some of the folks who have offered help have experience with worldgen, like delvr the author of Streams and TaeoG who has done a lot of worldgen for his Thaumcraft crossover mod.

There has been discussions about allowing different types of worldgen either within this project or through addons. But that is something that won't be looked at until beta.

Oh my word, I was on my way home from a vacation and was thinking about getting into TFC again but new I was going to have to go back to 1.7.  Seeing this thread though, I am super excited about the thought of this mod coming to 1.12.  I wish I could help but I am not much of a coder... or artist... really I just love playing games, so thanks to Dries and Bunsan for taking this on!!  Thanks to anyone else who will make this possible!!

If you are interested, I can offer my help for the following.

1. Setup of the translation file as for TFC 1 and submit all the .lang files to git, as I did until TFC 1 translation were taken out of the mod. I would also like to participate to discussion related to item naming pattern and improvement of the .lang file. I can offer a point of view on French and Japanese.

2. Wiki edit. I have a good knowledge of wiki code, with 4.5k edits in wikipedia, setup of localhost wikimedia instance for personal use and  750 edits on TFC wiki, however, I might be the only known banned user on the wiki. If given edit right, I would mostly work on structure and cleanup, and someone with admin power would have to delete content flaged for deletion, or I can do it given admin rights (and I am open to discussion before doing too much). 

The best way to actively participate is by joining the discord. Localisation is likely not going to be done until late alpha. Until then there isn’t much I can say beyond help will be welcome. 

The current wiki will not be touched by us. Once this project develops further we’ll start building a wiki. Like this project we will administer it and get help from the community. 

You don't need anyones permission to do anything with any mod. Mojang/microsoft own all rights to anything created for their game. Legally modders have no rights.. even if they act like they do. Do whatever you want with TFC... bring it back from the hole they dug and buried it in. And post a link somewhere for us all to download it.

1 minute ago, izzy1488 said:

You don't need anyones permission to do anything with any mod. Mojang/microsoft own all rights to anything created for their game. Legally modders have no rights.. even if they act like they do. Do whatever you want with TFC... bring it back from the hole they dug and buried it in. And post a link somewhere for us all to download it.

That's not how copyright works. And it's also not how the EULA outlines it.

OWNERSHIP OF OUR GAME AND OTHER THINGS

Although we license you permission to install on your device and play our Game, we are still the owners of it. We are also the owners of our brands and any content contained in the Game. Therefore, when you pay for our Game, you are buying a license to play / use our Game in accordance with this EULA - you are not buying the Game itself. The only permissions you have in connection with the Game and your installation of it are the permissions set out in this EULA.

Any Mods you create for the Game from scratch belong to you (including pre-run Mods and in-memory Mods) and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money / try to make money from them and so long as you don't distribute Modded Versions of the Game. Remember that a Mod means something that is your original work and that does not contain a substantial part of our code or content. You only own what you created; you do not own our code or content.

In other words, as long as you don't sell access to them, you can put any restriction you want on your mods, because they are yours.

40 minutes ago, izzy1488 said:

Stuff

Beyond what Dries said there is also the concept of not being a dick. I have been involved with this community for years now and have gotten to know the devs, addon authors and pack makers. TFC is opensource, so permission is explicitly given to use the code and assets. But I have great respect for Bioxx and everyone who has contributed to TFC, so I want the project to move forward with clear permission given. I’m pretty sure most if not all others involved in this project feel the same. 

10 hours ago, Bunsan said:

Beyond what Dries said there is also the concept of not being a dick. I have been involved with this community for years now and have gotten to know the devs, addon authors and pack makers. TFC is opensource, so permission is explicitly given to use the code and assets. But I have great respect for Bioxx and everyone who has contributed to TFC, so I want the project to move forward with clear permission given. I’m pretty sure most if not all others involved in this project feel the same. 

well said.

On 6/4/2018 at 7:05 AM, Bunsan said:

Double hear hear! I think a fundamental issue in our society today is the loss of distinction between what is morally right and what may be legally right. No great surprise given the political and commercial landscape but it's always refreshing seeing someone distinguish between the two and continue to do what is morally right, regardless of any legalities. Bunsan is my hero!

On 6/5/2018 at 2:40 PM, AnodeCathode said:

Bunsan is my hero!

Bunsan and Dries are heroes to us all <3

Hi everyone,

So, as some of you have noticed, I haven't been very active even after my exams where done. (Like I kinda promised.)

But I think you're all owed an update:

Some other projects I run (MCLink and CurseMeta, which MultiMC uses to make installing Curse modpacks possible) required immediate attention due to breakages.

I've been on holiday after my exam results where better than I expected, then I got a 3 week work contract for a student job.
On top of that the heat wave of the past ~2 weeks make it hard to spend any time at my PC at all.

Bunsan and AlcatrazEscapee haven't been as lazy/tired/busy as I have been, so some progress has been made.

I intend to get back into it, but I have 2nd chance exams later in August, so I'll be once again working on that most of the day for the rest of August.
This time I have 3 weeks for 3 exams so I can at least spend _some_ time on something else :)

My next semester starts the last week of September, at which point that'll be my primary occupation again.
Hopefully I'll have a nice roster with some time left for TFC and other projects.

I hope you're all having a great summer (or I guess winter if you're from down under)

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, Dries007 said:

-snip-

Thank you Dries, I was wondering where you were after such a long time, either-way hope you're doing well and happy summer to you too!

It is encouraging to hear this project is looking at a rework for newer versions of Minecraft.  It's a little thing, but the main thing keeping me from playing the original TFC right now is having to switch my avatar back and forth between old and new types based on the version of MC that's running.  It's also encouraging to hear refinements in the works for systems that were a little unusual (like the taste system) or needing a revamp (like the food decay system).  I do hope that worldgen is given a little consideration for solo players with limited free time, though, as the other thing keeping me from playing TFC is that the world can be a little TOO big to get what you need.  Config options later down the road would be awesome, but I understand the developers are looking to keep things as close to the original worldgen as possible initially.

Either way, looking forward to seeing progress. :)

Dries007 and Bunsan,

Thank you for reviving this wonderful mod. I have never ever enjoyed playing minecraft as much as I did with TerraFirmaCraft. It was also this mod that got me interested in modding minecraft, event though I sucked at it!

I look forward to again enjoying TFC in the newer 1.12 minecraft and also re-writing my Udary mod for this new version.

The future does indeed look bright.

Well then, Udary is back is it? Great!

33 minutes ago, Bletch said:

Dries007 and Bunsan,

Thank you for reviving this wonderful mod. I have never ever enjoyed playing minecraft as much as I did with TerraFirmaCraft. It was also this mod that got me interested in modding minecraft, event though I sucked at it!

I look forward to again enjoying TFC in the newer 1.12 minecraft and also re-writing my Udary mod for this new version.

The future does indeed look bright.

7 minutes ago, UnlimatedStone9 said:

Well then, Udary is back is it? Great!

I hope so. It has been a while since I used java, so I am hoping to get back into it all.

Just now, Bletch said:

I hope so. It has been a while since I used java, so I am hoping to get back into it all.

Well, good luck then, can not wait to see what's in store!

1 minute ago, UnlimatedStone9 said:

Well, good luck then, can not wait to see what's in store!

I do hope this revival brings back the modders of old (and new). The mods created for TFC were so good and most complimented the idea of TFC. 

The TFC community was such a great one and it is a shame that most (including me) moved on. It will be good to be back in a great community again.

I could not agree more, I miss the active days of TFC and how the community would thrive to make the mod greater, addons popping up and updates actually appearing, hopefully with this revival it will grow to be even greater and stronger and be at the top of it game again

Thank you guys ! Terrafirmacraft 1.12 port is a great news. Looking forward to play it.

You can always just try messing around with the released test builds, of course they're not "playable" but it's nice to look at

@Shunkaha