Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Iwitrag

Legit gathering of missing resources

10 posts in this topic

Hey,

I was wondering, if you play legit (no cheats) and you play in a world for quite some time ... and then you are unable to find something (for example needed resource to progress further in tech tree).

How do you solve that?

For example: I generate new world and transfer all my stuff into this new world – BUT – my rule is that I can transfer only half of everything... like half of equipment, half of ores, half of ingots, etc...

The hardest to acquire resource is, in my belief, Garnierite; since it only spawns in Gabro. Even Graphite spawns in 4 different rock types so with some effort you will find it.

With that in mind, I actually only generate new worlds if I have the bad luck of a small Islands world. Since ores do not spawn under the ocean it is a waste of map.

I like big continents, travelling by foot is the best way to find all the resources I need to progress in the tech tree.

The only valid option i see here is travelling
My friends and I spend whole late-spring upto early autumn exploring
Last weekend we even ended up naming our map

doc52060918_454423130doc52060918_454423130cf0cy3bcf0cy3b.jpg

I  wonder if there is any map mod which allows adding these titles directly into map, that would be awesome

3 hours ago, Iwitrag said:

I  wonder if there is any map mod which allows adding these titles directly into map, that would be awesome

it really would have been cool, but personally I don't know any of the kind
I just have a project in photoshop with 2 layers: top layer with names and the bottom layer with the map
Whenever we explore some more terrain, i just replace the old map with a new one and all the names remain in their places 

sounds good, did you manage somehow to export resulting image to the mod itself, replacing map's data?

15 hours ago, Iwitrag said:

sounds good, did you manage somehow to export resulting image to the mod itself, replacing map's data?

Journey Map mod lets you export the final image of the Whole map into a png file saved in your screenshots folder

I think he was talking about importing back the image with the names into the map mod. Since the map is actually composed of generated images I do not see how it can be done.

We do have the alternative of using Journey map with the Waypoints. All one has to do is to share the waypoints.

Oh that's what he meant
Didn't quite get that the first time I read it
Sorry, english is not my first language

Anyway, no, I do not import it back at all
The reason being that whenever I visit a chunk that has to have the name I painted over in Photoshop will get refreshed and replaced with a newer version of it thus removing every name i've written

I rarely get problems with garnierite since I usually dont settle down till I find Gabro. I dont necesarly settle there but I know where it is.

Sure, not every time it is possible this way since I have to get supplies for winter. If this happens I settle down and progress to steel age as normal. After that I find a donkey and make mobile base out of him.

I pack a lot of supplies onto him and me (e.g. 4 stacks of planks, stack of coal, everything needed for a basic forge, saplings as emergency wood .....), but not everything can fit into barrels, vessels and onto my donkey so the large stuff is in my inventory (e.g. stack of steel ingots, cruicible. bellows......). The main problem that remains is food decay. I go around it by taking slow decaying food which is pickled, salted and smoked. When I run out I gather wild crops on the way if its summer, in winter I hunt  for meat.

This way I explore everything accesible by land. If I still dont find Gabro (never happend to me) Im thinking I would put my donkey on a leash and pull it behind my boat.