Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killsode

Adamantine

4 posts in this topic

i've recently been watching a lets play of dwarf fortress and they had just found adamantine

since your procedural generating the metal and having a bit of a magical streak, so i think it might fit

characteristics: admantine* (*or what ever random name it gets) would be a light, hard to refine metal that keeps its edge well

to find you it you would have to come across a giant spike of it underground, this spike would be generated from the bottom of the world up maybe 32-64 blocks and would end in a point. the spike would be hollow
when the hollow chamber inside it pierced it would spawn several "demons" inside of it that would start attacking the player, said demons would be a block tall, fast, flying mobs that can hit hard and would take a beating themselves

to refine adamantine* you would need to first get some ore, extract the adamantine* fibres from the ore, weave the fibres into a fabric, heat the fabiric in a forge at bright white for a period of time, and then it would form an adamantine* wafer that could then be stacked with more wafers and then worked

the raw adamantine* cloth could be turned into heat resistant clothing or insulation

the metal tools would be very light (swing faster?) and keep sharper for longer (more cutting and piercing damage than normal)

an alternative to having it hollow could have the centre blocks spawn demons when broken (like silverfish)

alloying it with other metals would make the outcome lighter and have a higher melting point

adamantine* would be powerful but difficult to obtain as you have to find the spike of ore in the island

Edited by killsode

This may be a good thing for those into magic, but I personally love TFC for it's believable setting with only the undead mobs as an exception
I have a large modpack of my own, but it's heavily focused on making the game even more immersive and to fortify the medievel style
Not sure if I delivered the idea properly, english is not my first language, but I hope you got it just right

Putting my own preferences aside, as I've already mentioned, this is a nice idea
However, I think it would be extremely difficult to locate these spikes due to the world's height as it is
Hardly ever do I go venturing into caves, as I usually play on hard difficulty and it's not profitable in any way whatsoever
Finding it while mining a mineshaft is yet ever more unlikely, as most of the mineshafts are build on the top or middle level
Rarely (if ever) di I mine to the bottom one

On 12/9/2017 at 11:45 AM, Sugar_F0x said:

Hardly ever do I go venturing into caves, as I usually play on hard difficulty and it's not profitable in any way whatsoever

Really though, that's a good argument for having it at depth - to give incentive to mine deep.  But as to the OP, I'm not really that wild about copying DF so directly.  And I was never a fan of DF's weird canon regarding the fibers.  I would say adamantine should be found in small pockets at the bottom layer, in close association with lava, possibly even mostly below lava, with just a small tip sticking above, like an iceberg.  I think that there should be a new source block - magma.  Magma should not be able to be deleted by block placing or water.  It should require special machinery/magic to remove it to allow access to the adamantine below.

Edited by Darmo

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0