Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasnatdic

Butchering

37 posts in this topic

Mo' Creatures job was to add not recreate and in that they have done excellent. Most of these have been discussed any thing that has to do with chickens look at the page nearby that has something to do with feathers. We have decided on a method of butchering, cleaning, and so forth in the previous butchering thread. The most interesting idea is the individual leathers/furs i suppose that would make sense but maybe groupings instead between just furs, wool, and hides suitable for leather.

EDIT: just realized you posted this elsewhere and i forgot to say that nests would be awesome as well as distinction between sexes.

My comment re: Mocreatures is based on this: Dr Zhark has been repeatedly unwilling to maintain a proper SMP version, a choice I find fault with since the game devs have been stating for quite some time that the SMP version was going to be replaced by a closed-local server, eventually requiring all mods to be SMP compliant anyway. Every time he has released an SMP version it was due to somebody else porting it for him, which results is sloppiness and a bug-ridden mod. (insane ostrich swarm from hell preventing players from being able to stay online due to the number of mobs spawning being one of the problems, and some features simply missing from smp)

Mo' Creatures job was to add not recreate and in that they have done excellent. Most of these have been discussed any thing that has to do with chickens look at the page nearby that has something to do with feathers. We have decided on a method of butchering, cleaning, and so forth in the previous butchering thread. The most interesting idea is the individual leathers/furs i suppose that would make sense but maybe groupings instead between just furs, wool, and hides suitable for leather.

EDIT: just realized you posted this elsewhere and i forgot to say that nests would be awesome as well as distinction between sexes.

Nests are being implemented in an upcoming update, and animal sexes are already in the latest build.

lettin' ya know

Nests are being implemented in an upcoming update, and animal sexes are already in the latest build.

lettin' ya know

yes but they didnt really look any different

yes but they didnt really look any different

Dunk is looking into having male and female models differ in upcoming updates.

Patience is key

In the meantime you can right click on mobs to see what gender they are, if you didn't know :)

For keeping meat usable long term, there's always sealing it up in a stone or metal box and burying it under water. 

Correct thing to do, although do you have any bigger suggestions to add to this, or just trying to get it bumped to the top?

i love this suggestions, this will allow in servers to have butchers.... i hope this will be inplemented

YOu are pretty much suggestion something like elder scrolls, and the second part of bsb's post.[Almost complete Cheese Wheel + Rest of the Cheese Wheel = Potion of Stamina ???]

You do know that Elderscrolls Skyrim, cheese is just food and cant be used for potions at all. And, that's plain unmodded vanilla Skyrim.

Food spoilage would also make this way more balanced.

I like this idea.

The carcass thing is a good idea. The knife already has a lot of uses, which is realistic, because they're very useful. If you right click a carcass, it could drop the meat. I think the butcher block seems a bit too complicated. Or the butcher block could be needed just for organ meats. Also, I saw somewhere else about a carcass post that it should poison the player if they get too close. An in harvested carcass should do that after three days or so and attract predators after day one.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0