Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abandoned mines

winches, pules and cams, water wheels and pumps (move your ores)

69 posts in this topic

Seeing as gear systems haven't even been confirmed, you'll be pretty disappointed.

not really, i ve got buildcraft working along with trains mod

theres going to be a steam shovel in the trains mod soon so i ll be building open pit mines from now on >:D

I don't want redstone removed either but unfortunately I think it will happen eventually. If it wasn't removed i would probably throw a party.

If redstones goes away, what will happen with creepers? I mean, both are strong symbols of Vanilla MC...

Creepers won't want hugs anymore. They explode in love, take redstone away they will implode in hatred.

lets agree that if redstone is removed and it starts causing problems than we go and bug Bioxx to have it restored

lets agree that if redstone is removed and it starts causing problems than we go and bug Bioxx to have it restored

What are you doing, starting a coup? please don't.

*then

Yeah no, redstone is BS anyways, the fact that it holds very little use, and the total breaking of suspension of disbelief in Minecraft. "oh look, i have this material that phospereses, makes electricity when levers are pulled, and produces infinite energy.... if you want redstone so badly, get redpower or something that is a replacer. i really don't see the point of redstone.

I see more people asking to have it gone, no resistance. I'd try it.

Yeah no, redstone is BS anyways, the fact that it holds very little use, and the total breaking of suspension of disbelief in Minecraft. "oh look, i have this material that phospereses, makes electricity when levers are pulled, and produces infinite energy.... if you want redstone so badly, get redpower or something that is a replacer. i really don't see the point of redstone.

You can use it to make 8-bit computers! (useless) and have this these logic gates I made! http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQVOia8oV48&feature=plcp (also completely useless, and my video is shitty)

o well

anyway any further ideas to try and flesh out how the different mechanisms could work?

For what exactly? the most common uses are in internal combustion engines, they did have appearances as water raising machines in Grecian times, but besides that. only clocks come to mind, and that's a stretch.

Anything that could be considered a signal could replace redstone. However the redstone system is pretty nice as it is simple but has just about infinite uses. I think of a system besides electricty that could exactly replace it and thats not happening. Other possible replacements; gears, steam, water, string-like system, and literally anything else capable of repeating movement.

I think steam has a good chance of replacing it, using pipes that convey steam, coming from a bolier and can give signal as long as it has heat, and of course, need to be refilled with water every now and again.

I think steam has a good chance of replacing it, using pipes that convey steam, coming from a bolier and can give signal as long as it has heat, and of course, need to be refilled with water every now and again.

it *might* be replaced with electricity, we don't know. Pistons and steam pipes might be utilised with a cooling system to replicate how steam power is generated, but you'd probably need a few inseries to have a constant current.

it *might* be replaced with electricity, we don't know. Pistons and steam pipes might be utilised with a cooling system to replicate how steam power is generated, but you'd probably need a few inseries to have a constant current.

we could create a really early electrical system with a dynamo that was powered by a steam engine

the power from the dynamo would than need to be stored or sent to a device for use

An extra very complicated system would be nice though. People were making computer-like devices far before electricity. Gears and strings are the two main examples although the other two were also used.

An extra very complicated system would be nice though. People were making computer-like devices far before electricity. Gears and strings are the two main examples although the other two were also used.

Unless you want to design a mechanical calculator by yourself, you'll stick with the steam power.

well, one could have a pressure vessel that requires charging, but could put out a steady current for a certain amount of time. but i love the idea of steam, (Steampunk genre is best genre) i might die if i get to build a factory with steam puffing, pistons pumping, and whistles blowing.