Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tsnm

Your chisel creations!!

203 posts in this topic

Now we just need a way to have blocks look like TFC metals. I'd love to have a rose gold or black bronze armor stand.

Now we just need a way to have blocks look like TFC metals. I'd love to have a rose gold or black bronze armor stand.

idk maybe

Hey a bit out of place, but i have never gotten any function other than smoothing to work on a server (i do have a chisel + hammer in the hotbar) am i the only one?

Because I'm going bonkers waiting to be done with decorating this spawnpoint so that people can see it, here's some spoilers for the Dig server. More little stuff, more not so little stuff. I've been spending hours on the chisel work and some of it is not even noticeable until you see it all up close.

Entrance.

Posted Image

An example of a little detail that we are saved from the annoyance that it is in vanilla, but not so anymore in TFC. :D Huzzah!

Posted Image

The winch on top of the gatehouse. I only wish that wood blocks went all the same direction so that it would look like rope. :/ Right now it only looks like rope from one direction.

Posted ImagePosted Image

This part is not chisel work but is an example of signs I put up in case of illiteracy. I hope the first one is universal ;) I hope you can guess some of these others.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm very proud of the bucket of nails in the farrier's yard. It really did take a ridiculous amount of time to figure out how to do it, but now that it's there it seems.... no so special :(

Posted Image

That looks pretty intense for a spawn point!

People are not going to want to leave it.

Well, technically it's the spawn point and the entire protected area. XD I've been wanting to do a project like this for so long! :D People will have to leave because they won't be able to put anything down or pick anything up. The only working component in the entire area is a stone anvil and a forge in the farrier's.

So I figured i'd try some bridges...on creative actually...because i'm still in the stone age in my active world.

so here come my bridges...they're just kinda prototypes...for latter use;)

The second one is technically not a bridge anymore..it was supposed to be some kind of a "Stone rope bridge" but eventually turned into something at the side of a "mountain"

ALSO: i noticed a "bug" when putting two smooth stones next to each other or on top of each other and working one with a chisel the other one is dropped.

this is annoying for construction of chiselworks with smoothstone.

Do you guys also get that?! it must be because of the way smooth stone is mined....

Posted ImagePosted Image

I love those bridges! You've inspired me to build some of my own!

Those ARE cool... I suddenly want to build an ancient roman type city with those raw blocks....

Those ARE cool... I suddenly want to build an ancient roman type city with those raw blocks....

With green roofs, like this?

Posted Image

That could be amazing!

If you really mean that: i have something for you;)

First of all:

anything i could come up with for bridges or half open tunnels...one side is..hand...things..i don't now the word in english..

and the other one support pillars.

AND THEN for the Roman city: A Roman/Greek style Pillar!! ;) it's pretty time consuming to build though...because you have to chisel at a 3x3 square for every level...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Oh well...the order got f***ed up...

well you can see which is which i suppose;)

AND ALSO:

If you'd do that city on a server I'd be totally with you on that!! :))

EDIT: sorry for the big pictures...how do i make them smaller...?

The word you are looking for is .... Handrails!

Those pillars do look great! Now I wish I'd thought of doing them that way :)

I don't have time for another server, but I think you are addressing DarkLadyPhoenix.

As far as making the pictures smaller, I don't think there is a way in the BBcode to do this. If you host the image at imgur, though, you can tell imgur to give a smaller size. For example, here's the original URL for the picture that I linked:

http://i.imgur.com/Sug9W.jpg

It was too large for the forum, so I added an 'l' at the end of the filename:

http://i.imgur.com/Sug9Wl.jpg

Imgur interprets that as "large thumbnail", so it gives a reduced size for the image.

As far as where I got the picture, it's just something I saw a couple weeks ago on reddit.

oh yeees:) handrail:D i knew that word...sometime ago:D

yep i meant phoenix with that;)

and i love the idea..so if she's not doin it..I AM ;)

oh thanks...picupload also has that function;) i just didn't think about it when uploading and though i could do it through code...but oh well...

haha i am being creative and look what i have made:

DARKPHOENIX: want a statue for your city?! how about this hoplite :D

(and yes i know the head is kinda biig :D )

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I actually took the challenge of recreating a real statue..

It's king leonidas of sparta

Hope you like it ;)

-snip-

Bloody excellent job mate ! .. Looks great :)

I actually took the challenge of recreating a real statue..

It's king leonidas of sparta

Hope you like it ;)

Looks great, but I think spartan helmets (including the one in the statue) look like this (referring to the head ruff thing)

Posted Image

Your statue appears to have it sitting on top of his head. I think it could look even better if you fixed it :)

huh...do you mean the front part?!:D i don't really get it:D but thanks for the picture:) i will try do fix it do look better;)

Finished this just in time for inclement weather:

Posted Image

Next up, the deck and lounge area!

How can you make these wonders? My chisel makes only slabs and stairs.

Use the slab mode, at different sides, so you can make a slab, then go to a different face, and chisel that too.

Use the slab mode, at different sides, so you can make a slab, then go to a different face, and chisel that too.

Thank you! Does this work in beta v2 build 48g?

Yes, it works.