Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tsnm

Your chisel creations!!

203 posts in this topic

I shall post this here too;)

a new statue i am working on:D

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope you can see what it is...

It's sth similar to the "atlas" of greek mythology, who is carrying earth on his back...

this guy has a shield to support him though...or a plank..or whatever

OH HAHA i just noticed i forgot his ears:DD i knew sth was odd with the head:D

i have been making a big plan for sth like this but in a cave and with a lot more of those "atlas" guys.. ;)

this is just a try out on an awesome mountainseed;)

link to the seed:

http://terrafirmacra...2317#entry22317

I shall post this here too;)

a new statue i am working on:D

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope you can see what it is...

It's sth similar to the "atlas" of greek mythology, who is carrying earth on his back...

this guy has a shield to support him though...or a plank..or whatever

OH HAHA i just noticed i forgot his ears:DD i knew sth was odd with the head:D

i have been making a big plan for sth like this but in a cave and with a lot more of those "atlas" guys.. ;)

this is just a try out on an awesome mountainseed;)

link to the seed:

http://terrafirmacra...2317#entry22317

Can you post it when it's ended? It's pretty interesting.

Oh cool it's atlas! :D you should do his other leg and the rest of his chest. Boy, that's a really creative idea! I never would have thought of something so cool.

as soon as i have the plans for my big cave ready on photoshop i can show it to you guys;) maybe we can make it a server project?! this stuff is not easy on survival though..while nevertheless still possible!

update:

so i finished the atlas...it didn't work exactly like i wanted...i had to take away the shield...and the over all pose is not so great...but oh well it's first try and i didnt have a picture i copied from (should have used one...it would've worked better i guess...)

also i broke the head once trying for a different style and forgot how it was originally...it came out kinda bigger..guess the old one was better..but oh well..

Well here ya go

this is from "far" away...you can also see the beginning of my greekstyle mountaincity on the side of the mountain..it's just a few pillars right now though:D i want to make it all the way in and on the mountain..

Posted Image

left side

Posted Image

right side

Posted Image

kind of backside

Posted Image

aand from below

Posted Image

please comment and criticise aaand everything;) i still have to improve a lot to make it look really good!!

also because i make too many mistakes it's not yet usable on survival..:/

BTW: WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER CREATIVE PEOPLE FROM THE FORUM?!:o

or am i the only one who is still totally stoked at the chiseling stuff:DD

as soon as i have the plans for my big cave ready on photoshop i can show it to you guys;) maybe we can make it a server project?! this stuff is not easy on survival though..while nevertheless still possible!

update:

so i finished the atlas...it didn't work exactly like i wanted...i had to take away the shield...and the over all pose is not so great...but oh well it's first try and i didnt have a picture i copied from (should have used one...it would've worked better i guess...)

also i broke the head once trying for a different style and forgot how it was originally...it came out kinda bigger..guess the old one was better..but oh well..

Well here ya go

this is from "far" away...you can also see the beginning of my greekstyle mountaincity on the side of the mountain..it's just a few pillars right now though:D i want to make it all the way in and on the mountain..

Posted Image

left side

Posted Image

right side

Posted Image

kind of backside

Posted Image

aand from below

Posted Image

please comment and criticise aaand everything;) i still have to improve a lot to make it look really good!!

also because i make too many mistakes it's not yet usable on survival..:/

BTW: WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER CREATIVE PEOPLE FROM THE FORUM?! :o

or am i the only one who is still totally stoked at the chiseling stuff:DD

when subblocks gets all of it's bugs worked out (and if you really wanted to spend all that time) I think it could really help your statue

when subblocks gets all of it's bugs worked out (and if you really wanted to spend all that time) I think it could really help your statue

haha yeah i actually thought the same quite a bit during "construction" of this guy...

there are just things that are not possible right now...

will it be possible to make smallerblocks and place them somewhere?! and therefor fill in gaps that an already chiseled block left and such things?

haha yeah i actually thought the same quite a bit during "construction" of this guy...

there are just things that are not possible right now...

will it be possible to make smallerblocks and place them somewhere?! and therefor fill in gaps that an already chiseled block left and such things?

no

no

If it turns out like micro blocks from red power yea but I don't think it will go that far I wish though I'd love it I love building with micro blocks

If it turns out like micro blocks from red power yea but I don't think it will go that far I wish though I'd love it I love building with micro blocks

what? no... There is no adding. Only taking away. If you misclick and remove a chunk of stone you didn't want to, you have to start over like before. It's carving and shaping, not building a brick house.

What the chisel does is remove part of the boundbox of the block but it still ocupies the full block space so you can't place another block on that space. The RP makes a block with a recipe, so it is a complete new block. Am I right?

Posted Image

Saw mill!

now thats awesome :D

i think i ll have to try and build a stamp mill when my new computers figured out

It's not a chiseling masterpiece, but it is a nice touch for my armory on DHB.

post-1064-0-51903300-1348728741_thumb.jp

It's not a chiseling masterpiece, but it is a nice touch for my armory on DHB.

OOOOooooooooo!!! I love the overall armory....buuuut the hammer is really neat!! love it!:)

Aand here's my first chisel Post in a while!!

First I present you...an Ancient-style Lighthouse (inspired by the Roman Lighthouses, even if not nearly as big in size)

it might not look like it, but actually nearly 99% of the tower blocks are chiseled!!!

I'll also post some work that I've done on Raisercraft SMP later..

Outside:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Details:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Inside: (which is nothing special)

Posted Image

We need more of this shit. When Bioxx gets finished with the chisel update I'm sure you guys can come up with some awesome stuff.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the new mechanic!!:)

Okay here's some more Chiseling Architecture...It's the stuff I did in my short stay on the RaisercraftServer. Which will go through a map reset so I figured I would just post this here now that it's gonna evaporate into nothingness!!

Note: This was completely done in survival, so the results aren't totally overboard-crazy-awesome-supersized-mega-shit...

Scaffolding really makes things harder!! If you don't make a good structure beforehand!! Making it on the go is kinda annoying and always pretty close to death:D

MATERIALLIST:

Lion:

Basalt Bricks & Smooth Chalk On the Statue, Basalt Bricks & Rocksalt Bricks on the Pedestal.

My Place:

Rhyolite Bricks on the lower floor, Smooth Rocksalt on the upper. Spruce logs, Aspen Planks. Dolomite Bricks on the Roof. Basalt on Details.

Town Storage:

Basalt Bricks & Rocksalt Bricks. Aspen Planks

Well here goes:

The selfclaimed Landmark of my town

I didn't want to and couldn't really overload it with details, because it is rather small...

So i just left it at it's rather blocky state.. the tail is curving around pretty nicely though;)

Posted Image

Next is my Place..

The Heads on the Roof were supposed to look like dragons...but turned out like Bulls instead...well I was okay with that;)

I chiseled in the white Stones' to give the build more Texture, because i think that's what most minecraft builds lack the most!!

Also upped the Roofshape a bit, a tiny bit..

there's still much Roofmaking to come from me;) I like to try crazy shapes and chiseling makes them easily possible:)

Sadly all that chiseling prevented me from using Glass..

(The lightower above was originally a project to find workarounds for that...I'll might showcase some I found another time)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

A little bit of Interior:

Because the house is quite small I could only do very basic furniture..

Upstairs. Downstairs/Kitchen:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Lastly:

The Town Storage Hall

I didn't choose the material myself...I think using exclusivly stone (and black and white on top!!), even though it grants the most posibilities for chiseling,

looks very artificial!!

I would place buildings like this more in a similarly made Walled City with all stone streets and such..Not fitting for a small, rather natural village (IMO).

Build it like this anyway on request of the Mayor ;)

Used the Chisel to get a more interesting Roofshape and again to give the walls more texture and on the "windows"

Posted ImagePosted Image

We need more of this shit. When Bioxx gets finished with the chisel update I'm sure you guys can come up with some awesome stuff.

Wait, you mean the update with concave chiseling?

This will actually be a thing?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

The bulll head is really cool! Nice work.

Chisel's should be able to make more avanced designs, i hope the future updates will meet my expectations.