Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ryuugumo

New Wood Type: Blue Mahoe

79 posts in this topic

In many of my buildings I find myself wanting something blue, ..., something blue. Do you give up? No it's not a blueberry. I want either a blue wood I.E. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Blue_Mahoe (cann't find a linkable picture but here's a website with pictures of it http://www.exoticwoo...z/bluemahoe.htm) or maybe making blue stones I.E. http://en.wikipedia....ki/Lapis_lazuli Posted Image more available. It would make a wonderful addition to mage towers, school rooms, churchs, and monastaries.

I really love the color combo of blue/white when I build more decorative things in minecraft and a blue wood or stone would be really nice. Or even just an easier way to get blue dye to make blue wool. Maybe we could get some type of blue flowers for blue dye since lapiz is such a rare thing. +1

I'm not really interested in blue wool unless we can get indigo as an option. Dyes do sound good. Maybe we could dye wood different colors or get a form of whitewash that we could dye.

I'd like to see the blue mahoe...in addition to the dragon blood tree, and whichever variety of boab Bioxx finds most comical.

There was microcline for a time, but it was removed for some reason. I was sad to hear that, because microcline is one of my favorite stones due to being blue.

I don't know about where you guys are, but I live in East-central PA, and the mountains are composed mostly of slate pebbles and stones on the surface. The slate around here is a dull cobalt, and I look at the slate in game and wonder why it's that color instead?

We have a ton of building materials representative of varying degrees of red and green, but blue is very lacking in the palette, so I wouldn't mind a blue wood, and I also think that the slate stone should be blue as well.

I think that would look great. Slate should be more of a dull cyan with a hint of green. I think Blue Mahoe should be kinda a dark blue kinda like purple but more blue gray than purple. Perhaps if they don't decide to change the texture we could edit slate and make it more the way we like it. I still would like to see a new tree type with blueish hue next time they do a big world gen patch.

Looks very good. It's suppose to be semi-tropical and found mainly in the Caribbean. If they use your textures and add it in jungle and swamp, then it shouldn't be too common; but still able to be found.

Could someone maybe give their idea of what the leaves would look like? From what I'm seeing on wiki it should be green with a yellowish tint for the leaves.

With the new world gen. and having an equator now, I think this tree type should spawn in more biomes but only from 4000 to -4000

With the new world gen. and having an equator now, I think this tree type should spawn in more biomes but only from 4000 to -4000

It would be fantastic if a caribbean type biome is introduced in the game. In that biome you could find blue mahoe trees sometimes. Also some shells near the sea.

Maybe sometimes the leaves can drop a flower and you can get a dye from it.

Maybe sometimes the leaves can drop a flower and you can get a dye from it.

aight seeing as this is a thead on blue trees, island biome thread is going up now

Ok, so, i had an idea pop into my head while I read this. The idea is, wood staining! How awesome would that be, it would work similar to the current dye system, i have no knowledge of how staining works, when it was invented etc. but i just thought I'd throw it out there.

Ok, so, i had an idea pop into my head while I read this. The idea is, wood staining! How awesome would that be, it would work similar to the current dye system, i have no knowledge of how staining works, when it was invented etc. but i just thought I'd throw it out there.

Yes, that's a good idea, but a stained wood must be of a more artificial color than a natural wood. I.e. if the blue mahoe is a rare tree from where you can make beautiful planks, you need to find it before building your house with that shade of blue. If you dye the planks, they will look less beautiful than the original ones.

Yes, that's a good idea, but a stained wood must be of a more artificial color than a natural wood. I.e. if the blue mahoe is a rare tree from where you can make beautiful planks, you need to find it before building your house with that shade of blue. If you dye the planks, they will look less beautiful than the original ones.

so stained wood would be more like the wool dyes, with bright cartoony colors, natural wood colors would be less vibrant and more natural looking

hows that?

so stained wood would be more like the wool dyes, with bright cartoony colors, natural wood colors would be less vibrant and more natural looking

hows that?

Yes, that's what I said. But the stained wool doesn't mean to be like wool, it's only the natural wood that needs better textures than the normal planks :P because they look a bit bad.

Meanwhile the natural wood should have a smoothed texture and not being like tons of panks sticked together. Do you understand what I mean?

Yes, that's what I said. But the stained wool doesn't mean to be like wool, it's only the natural wood that needs better textures than the normal planks :P because they look a bit bad.

Meanwhile the natural wood should have a smoothed texture and not being like tons of panks sticked together. Do you understand what I mean?

by natural wood do yo mean the regularly crafted planks or the logs?

because if its, the planks, it makes sence for it to be a bunch of planks

by natural wood do yo mean the regularly crafted planks or the logs?

because if its, the planks, it makes sence for it to be a bunch of planks

I mean the planks that you make with the logs. Also I was thinking that you can't dye a log. It just doesn't make sense.

I mean the planks that you make with the logs. Also I was thinking that you can't dye a log. It just doesn't make sense.

ok then, but why would we need to change the texture, it acurately represents what it is, a block of wooden planks

ok then, but why would we need to change the texture, it acurately represents what it is, a block of wooden planks

Because if you want a beautiful block, you need to find a rare tree, not just dyeing it. Too simple.

Because if you want a beautiful block, you need to find a rare tree, not just dyeing it. Too simple.

wait i thought you wanted to change the plank block texture so it didnt look like it does now, im confused

wait i thought you wanted to change the plank block texture so it didnt look like it does now, im confused

Ok, let's explain all:

You have a log--->you make planks from that log--->they look beautiful--->you dye them because you want another color--->well...now they're a bit bad--->if you want beautiful planks of that color you must search the right tree--->now you can have the beautiful planks you ever wanted.

This happens with all the wood types.