Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daxx367

New slots

New Slots   35 members have voted

1. 1. Clothes

• Over armor (extra slots)
    • Instead of armor (no new slots)
  2. 2. Battle gear mod Weapon and shield slots.

• Yes
    • No
    • With changes (please list changes)
  3. 3. Backpacks

• New slot
    • Chestplate slot
    • Inventory (like backpack mod)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Yes I'm trying to find a solution to that. :/

I'm sure another community member will come along and point out some glaringly obvious solution to the problem :L

It's happened to me every other time I've had issues :L

Well I was thinking of some fancy codding (not really fancy but more work) where if you have a backpack you can't have platemail on??

Well I was thinking of some fancy codding (not really fancy but more work) where if you have a backpack you can't have platemail on??

Hence why you simply make the cloak slot a cloak slot, and put the backpack in the chest slot of the external section ;):)

Backpacks (if implemented) can only go on the external chest (this also helps increase the penalties for backpack use to minimize their impact on TFC's hard inventory management)

You couldn't wear plate on the internal layer, only the external

Chainmail can go on either

Cloaks and other overclothes can only go on the external layers

etc.

and GZ daxx :)

Anyways, what about sweaters, under armor, but over other clothes. [because a blizzard in ice plains in winter require two sets of sweaters]

I'd rather have certain items restrict what you can put in the other slot to make things simple for the common user, because you can wear cloaks over most other things, while you can't wear it under most things, and you can only wear a very few items under an apron.

I'd rather things be mutually exclusive, in the slots, so you can screw about the placement of items in the inner/outer slots if you only have one item per body part like a lever, it in until you have items that restrict placement that inner/outer slots matter.

And I am against the green slot, it adds a bit too much leniency for the player, consider a juggernaut with a backpack, too large capacity for something already so heavily armored. Other than that, the lack of extra slots really makes a player sacrifice extra capacity for armor, or surviveability in colder areas/times, and make vanity something to consider only when one is safe, or apparently keeping your giblets from getting too toasty.

I will think about it all tonight and come up with a good system. Will post tomorrow (its 10PM for me).

It is later for me, and I seriously urge you, no green slot. for the above reasons that I have magically decided to be an addendum.

And I am against the green slot, it adds a bit too much leniency for the player, consider a juggernaut with a backpack, too large capacity for something already so heavily armored. Other than that, the lack of extra slots really makes a player sacrifice extra capacity for armor, or surviveability in colder areas/times, and make vanity something to consider only when one is safe, or apparently keeping your giblets from getting too toasty.

I want players to think hard about their decisions, and make sure that there is always enough pluses, and minuses for a player to play skillfully, or to their playstyle.

Anyways, what about sweaters, under armor, but over other clothes. [because a blizzard in ice plains in winter require two sets of sweaters]

I'd rather have certain items restrict what you can put in the other slot to make things simple for the common user, because you can wear cloaks over most other things, while you can't wear it under most things, and you can only wear a very few items under an apron.

I'd rather things be mutually exclusive, in the slots, so you can screw about the placement of items in the inner/outer slots if you only have one item per body part like a lever, it in until you have items that restrict placement that inner/outer slots matter.

I can understand the resistance to the green slot, and if we are taking a hard line then I am inclined to agree with you on that, even if I do lose my lovely cape plate combo :( :L

So you are suggesting that certain items affect the ability to wear others ? Sounds complicated, but I can see it working if someone took the time to work it out :)

Eh it's pretty much restrictions.

if Plate Armor is on Outer Slot, no, pretty much nothing in the inner slot.

if Plate Armor in Inner slot, pretty much nothing in the outer slot.

It is an easy example, because plate armor is cumbersome, and very susceptible to heat, and cold, and really strong, but a cape, or cloak would look nice, and give a little bonus against heat, and a bit of concealment, or a fur cape may do a little bit for cold resist, and be a bit more covering than a cloth cape, but bad for warmer areas.

A backpack with Chest Plate, try chain mail, though I don't recommend really sticking out that much, or going places particularly hot or cold, but you can wear your silly boots, and hoods, or silly plate armor, you sore thumb.

Eh it's pretty much restrictions.

if Plate Armor is on Outer Slot, no, pretty much nothing in the inner slot.

if Plate Armor in Inner slot, pretty much nothing in the outer slot.

It is an easy example, because plate armor is cumbersome, and very susceptible to heat, and cold, and really strong, but a cape, or cloak would look nice, and give a little bonus against heat, and a bit of concealment, or a fur cape may do a little bit for cold resist, and be a bit more covering than a cloth cape, but bad for warmer areas.

I understand now :) Christ, I feel like such a "yes man", but I genuinely like these ideas .. I'm not just pandering to people >.< .. My only fear is that that could be hard to code (?)

A backpack with Chest Plate, try chain mail, though I don't recommend really sticking out that much, or going places particularly hot or cold, but you can wear your silly boots, and hoods, or silly plate armor, you sore thumb.

I think this is the first time I've ever been called a sore thumb :P .. Is that an insult .. I don't even ....

Hate to tell you guys - craftable capes are likely never going to happen. Not because it's difficult, but because capes in minecraft seem to somewhat follow the runescape approach of 'you get this for doing something cool'. Obvious examples are the mojang cape for employees, and the red Minecon cape.

However, I do think that people who helped work on TFC like us active forum members (and obviously the devs) could get some sort of TFC cape for our accounts.

Although really that would be a thing to take up with Mojang, not Bioxx.

...honestly modders should be able to submit cape designs to mojang along with a dev list. If the mod is big enough and the list is small enough, I see no reason why custom capes for modders would be a problem.

I mean imagine Krapht going around with a cape with a gear on it? Or Azanor and his crew running around in capes with a vis crystal?

...I'm gonna make a topic for this on the vanilla suggestion forums.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Green stays BUT is only for capes /cloaks (this can be done, optifine can do it). http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-125-optifine-hd-c3-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/

Inner slots will be used for status affect clothes for biomes. You will HAVE to have something here (you will spawn with a set of clothes on)

Outer slots would be used for ALL armor and status affect clothes for things like forges, bee keeping (example) and other things that can damage you. This will be where your backpack will go.

I kind of like the idea of backpack into chest slot. You will then have a choice: Either carry more items, or just have more defence.

But the pack would need to be HUGE to actually take the place of a armor chest interely. (I'm not saying huge on inventory slots, I'm saying in the size of it!! XD)

Here's what I'm thinking:

Green stays BUT is only for capes /cloaks (this can be done, optifine can do it). http://www.minecraft...-and-much-more/

Inner slots will be used for status affect clothes for biomes. You will HAVE to have something here (you will spawn with a set of clothes on)

Outer slots would be used for ALL armor and status affect clothes for things like forges, bee keeping (example) and other things that can damage you. This will be where your backpack will go.

Still very lenient, daxx, the whole premise is wearing to the battle, the biome, or the job, either as a juggerhaut, or as sub-arctic runner, or a marauder, and so on.

A cloak, and how it covers whatever is under if is pretty powerful, so allowing plate armor, and a sweater, you pretty much made titan that can harass people openly in winter biomes, instead of restricting them to being an indoor sort of troop in winter biomes for dressing for heavy combat.

And another thing that can be said is what is the logic in apiaries being in a winter biome, with adequate apiary suit, and a snugly sweater.

Or wearing chain with plate, being a juggernaught.

@ Boea you will NOT be able to wear chain with plate.

And for your first point there will be reduced affects and/or slowing affects for stacking clothes and armor like that to balance it.

Because trust me i don't whan't Juggernaughts or plate armor snow ambushes ether.

@ Boea you will NOT be able to wear chain with plate.

And for your first point there will be reduced affects and/or slowing affects for stacking clothes and armor like that to balance it.

Because trust me i don't whan't Juggernaughts or plate armor snow ambushes ether.

Why couldn't you wear chain with plate though ? :( I do it all the time (relatively speaking)

I'd like to plug the mock-up I posted earlier. Personally, I feel clothes should be worn under armour. Surcoats, other aesthetic gear would make for good generic accessories.

Weapons and tools should be kept in the hotbar though, or else there's too much room to carry whatever you want.

I feel a backpack should add to the available inventory at the expense of the time it takes to rummage through it (navigating through GUIs) as stack sizes are already being rebalanced, and could potentially be handicapped through status effects.

Kind of agree with Eternal about capes though. It would be nice to keep them special.

The idea with back packs would be they give you your inventory space. So you would start with a simple backpack which will give you 1 extra row then the hot bar.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0