Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DarkLadyPhoenix

Nerfed chest size

60 posts in this topic

I have seen some people post in other topics that things shouldnt be changed cause they are complicated or they are gettting in the way but this is a realistic mod and life is complicated i would never be able to run a mine fishing village farm and build everything myself so why should i be able to easily do this in a mod.

How many more times does it need to be said? It's been stated to death at this point already, There is nothing REALISTIC about this mod at all. The goal is believability, not realism. Want realism? Turn off the computer and step outside.

How many more times does it need to be said? It's been stated to death at this point already, There is nothing REALISTIC about this mod at all. The goal is believability, not realism. Want realism? Turn off the computer and step outside.

i am not saying this mod is the same as real life by any means i am merely stating that this is much more realistic then normal mine craft or any other major mod that i can think of. any mod that made mine craft completely realistic would be stupid as it would take an exceedingly long time to do anything i would just go out and do it myself rather then doing it in a game. realism and believability are along the same lines the closer to realism (not completely realistic just closer to it but still playable) you are the more believable it is. for example if you added an alien to this game that was 100 times the size of u and could carry 100 times more then u that would be believable but not realistic so how about you think before you type shit

Not to be that guy, but I found a different mod to play with after the chest nerf happened. It destroyed the experience that I was enjoying so much about the TFC. I understand the want for a harder core game play but this was never thought out very well.

Not to be that guy, but I found a different mod to play with after the chest nerf happened. It destroyed the experience that I was enjoying so much about the TFC. I understand the want for a harder core game play but this was never thought out very well.

So, would you state, categorically, and for the record, that the changes to chest size are the reason you have stopped playing TFC? Are there any other factors involved in this?

So, would you state, categorically, and for the record, that the changes to chest size are the reason you have stopped playing TFC? Are there any other factors involved in this?

A few but chest is what just made me not feel bad about it.

Over all Im not gonna bash the mod, it is a great mod. It just became a mod that wasn't for me.

A few but chest is what just made me not feel bad about it.

Over all Im not gonna bash the mod, it is a great mod. It just became a mod that wasn't for me.

You sir are what people should be like.

Mods should be:

Mods should be fun.

Not all mods are for everyone.

Mods should listen to suggestions, as some may line up with it's vision but most won't.

Mods should never ever leave their design to bring in more people.

Mods should have their own work; although others may contribute ideas.

Mods should never steal code.

Mods should be alive and players should be it's blood.

A mod that finishes is truely dead.

In addition to that quote, mod writers should write for themselves, because there are few people who will love their mod (baby) as much as the writer (parent).

What is believable about a single chest being able to store food items, rocks, dirt and ore in the same space without consequence ?

Which of these two is more believable ?

A small chest holding half of the stuff you will ever need.

Or

A small chest being suitable for personal effects and small items, while dedicated storage is used for bulky, dirty items such as ore, rock and wood.

Not only is the second more believable, I also feel it improves game immersion and makes resource management more interesting.

You might criticise the second option on the basis that I might enjoy it more but you wouldn't. My rebuke would simply be that if you take issue with resource management such as this, how can you possibly support features such as the blacksmithing interface. I love it, but I'm sure there's people out there who miss simple crafting.

You sir are what people should be like.

Mods should be:

Mods should be fun.

Not all mods are for everyone.

Mods should listen to suggestions, as some may line up with it's vision but most won't.

Mods should never ever leave their design to bring in more people.

Mods should have their own work; although others may contribute ideas.

Mods should never steal code.

Mods should be alive and players should be it's blood.

A mod that finishes is truely dead.

In addition to that quote, mod writers should write for themselves, because there are few people who will love their mod (baby) as much as the writer (parent).

This sums up perfectly how I feel about this issue. Not all mods are for everyone, and why should people like me (who are perfectly happy with the chest Nerf) lose a feature that the Dev put in place because other people don't like it ?

Look again, a mod shouldn't change to achieve popularity, then why do people expect TFC to change ?

If you try to say that this mod isn't fun anymore, you are not being objective, who are you to dictate what is fun for others ? I don't pretend to tell you that the chest Nerf IS fun. That is a personal viewpoint. PS sorry for double post. Mobile doesn't support multi quote.

Not only is the second more believable, I also feel it improves game immersion and makes resource management more interesting.

You might criticise the second option on the basis that I might enjoy it more but you wouldn't. My rebuke would simply be that if you take issue with resource management such as this, how can you possibly support features such as the blacksmithing interface. I love it, but I'm sure there's people out there who miss simple crafting.

I never understood people who say things like that. Resource management is NEVER interesting to me. It's a chore plain and simple. Can you name a game where you found juggling an inventory fun?

How many other games or MMO's have you played?

I left STO/CO/COV because there was simply too much loot in the game. Not enough of it was usable.

I left AOC because there just was not enough space. I could not level crafting and adventure at the same time because my personal storage space was just too small. Nevermind being able to keep a really neat looking piece of armor for RP.

Did you enjoy having to stuff things in the horadric cube just to carry those precious 4 more inventory spaces? You didn't do it because it was believable I'll tell you that much.

Ever play Skyrim? THAT game was a hoot and a half... fill a house full of garbage that you'll never use because you think you'll use it later on in life. How many trips did you make to that house just to drop stuff off?

At least in minecraft/TFC everything I keep has a purpose.

And yes, at first I didn't play with the blacksmithing interface. This doesn't mean I didn't support it.

I was a tree farmer for my server for nearly a month because my crafting interface was broken. I couldn't make torches or metals. Even after I regained the crafting interface, I remained a tree farmer for a while because I convinced myself that metalworking was just too damned difficult and I had a job I could do. A part of the game I could play and I was perfectly happy because I could work around it.

When you mess with something that affects absolutely everyone- like resource management where players are constantly having to make those 'hard decisions' like throw out a perfectly good tool in favor of a stack of dirt because creepers keep messing up you land, you're going to lose a few players to frustration. At least until whatever plans this change was for comes to fruition.

I never understood people who say things like that. Resource management is NEVER interesting to me. It's a chore plain and simple. Can you name a game where you found juggling an inventory fun?

And I've never understood the appeal of first person shooters, but that doesn't mean they don't appeal to other people. People play farmville. I don't understand it, but it doesn't make it any less popular. What I'm trying to say is that just because you think it's a chore, doesn't mean I do.

Also, it's not inventory juggling. Resource management is about effective placement of storage areas to maximise efficiency, timely removal of resources to ensure minimal unnecessary storage use and minimising the "wasted" resources used to store goods.

Many strategy games incorporate effective resource management as a key feature, such as Stronghold and Black and White. I enjoy these games, partially because of the immersive and challenging nature of effective resource management.

How many other games or MMO's have you played?

I feel you are almost challenging my validity as a gamer because I enjoy a feature that you do not. That is just immature.

I left STO/CO/COV because there was simply too much loot in the game. Not enough of it was usable.

I left AOC because there just was not enough space. I could not level crafting and adventure at the same time because my personal storage space was just too small. Nevermind being able to keep a really neat looking piece of armor for RP.

Did you enjoy having to stuff things in the horadric cube just to carry those precious 4 more inventory spaces? You didn't do it because it was believable I'll tell you that much.

Ever play Skyrim? THAT game was a hoot and a half... fill a house full of garbage that you'll never use because you think you'll use it later on in life. How many trips did you make to that house just to drop stuff off?

I have always been primarily a single player gamer, so I never played any of the MMO's you mentioned there (I played WoW, SWTOR, Rift, EQ1 and *shudder* Runescape). Why pick up useless loot though ? That is your failure in sensible use of inventory choice.

Diablo is hardly a benchmark for believable game now is it ?

Evidently you and I played Skyrim very differently. I did up my house, and never ever used it. I didn't use a single storage chest in any of my three complete 80+ hour playthroughs. I just kept my inventory lean and clean. Considering I played on Master difficulty for all three toons, I doubt it impacted on my ability to play the game.

And yes, at first I didn't play with the blacksmithing interface. This doesn't mean I didn't support it.

I was a tree farmer for my server for nearly a month because my crafting interface was broken. I couldn't make torches or metals. Even after I regained the crafting interface, I remained a tree farmer for a while because I convinced myself that metalworking was just too damned difficult and I had a job I could do. A part of the game I could play and I was perfectly happy because I could work around it.

You can work around inventory management just as easily as you can work around metalworking. I would be more than happy to play the role of quartermaster for a server. This is surely the same as having a server metalsmith ?

When you mess with something that affects absolutely everyone- like resource management where players are constantly having to make those 'hard decisions' like throw out a perfectly good tool in favor of a stack of dirt because creepers keep messing up you land, you're going to lose a few players to frustration. At least until whatever plans this change was for comes to fruition.

Why on earth would you throw away a tool for something you can literally pick up off the ground at any time ? Evidently we prioritise our inventories very differently.

Losing players to frustration is more than likely, considering this mod is intended to add levels and types of difficulty that many people would find frustrating.