Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Lumireaver

Dirt Roads

102 posts in this topic

We're not going to buff or debuff you because you're walking on dirt or grass. If you guys want dirt roads, it won't be to walk faster, it will be so that you know where you're going.

Not what I was hoping for, but I'll take what I can get

Then I guess pointing the way and looking pretty will do fine! :D Cheers Dunk.

We're not going to buff or debuff you because you're walking on dirt or grass. If you guys want dirt roads, it won't be to walk faster, it will be so that you know where you're going.

Aesthetic dirt roads I can still stand behind :D .. I just want to see some kind of transport infrastructure :P

Maybe your dirt roads dissapear after disuse? ... Nope im beating at a dead donkey :P

What about the wheelbarrow debuff idea?

What about the wheelbarrow debuff idea?

no, sorry

no, sorry

Is that a /thread to all transport infrastructure topics pretty much ?

Is that a /thread to all transport infrastructure topics pretty much ?

no, just to wheelbarrows.

Other ideas for transport, might be like Land boats (a cart with a sail) animal pulled Wheeled vehicle (like a chariot, or a cart for storage) and even perhaps using steve's manpower, something like the old medieval foot driven siege equipment. As for the use on roads? i'm starting to agree with dunk, but if vehicles are added that go high speed, they would need a smooth surface otherwise they would break, no?

Are we talking bout Assyrian tanks?

i don't think so... i don't know the exact country, but i thought it was western, not eastern.

.-. how about... the player could use Stone Pieces in a 2x2 to make 16 "road pieces" which would give a slightly lower chance of having mobs near them and allow the player to use a vehicle, like a hand cart of somesorts, that follows the player but reduces the player's speed if they're not on the road (irregular ground, makes cart get caught in things) then decrease steve's inventory by... 1/2 mebe? so that a cart would add 4 more rows to give steve more space... *RANDOM* Chests need to be un-nerfed... to an extent *RANDOM*

I like this idea, seems very fitting for the atmosphere of the mod. Dirt roads made through heavy traffic and a tool. But if there is a cobble or smooth stone roaqd, how would you create it? I can see just laying bown the stones to make the road, yes, but how would you get it to be recegognized AS a road by the game, thus getting the benifits, if any, for being a road?

This is simple really, add another dirt block. I can't think of how to trigger it to a new data value but the new block would have a longer time to change to grass, if picked up it would give you the normal dirt in the area or the dirt type you put down if you didn't want the biome dirt. Rake is very simple, just have it change the selected grass block to the new dirt block with the grass's dirt color.

I want to code some lol and I think this is pretty neat.

Dirt roads are a no-go. Bioxx and I agree that after some research and testing, it really wouldn't work out the way you guys would like. I will repeat this only a few times more: roads will not give buffs of any sort.

Wait, as a whole, or just the bit about buffs?

dirt roads are a no-go, buffs on roads are a no-go, but if you want roads that just to point you in the right direction (other than ones you could make with current game materials) we might be able to work something out.

essentially: roads maybe; dirt no.

You can make them yourself... Why don't we release mods for mods?

You can make them yourself... Why don't we release mods for mods?

makes it very hard to keep up to date, given how often TFC updates.

Lazy modders. :) Jk I respect all of you, every time I was going to mod I didn't do it. I would be an example of a lazy modder.

In the Mod MineFansty they have a great system for making roads. Maybe the Devs can take some inspiration from it.

Indeed.

However, I would like roads for the looks and for marking where to go. Though you can use sand, gravel, cobble, etc to make a road, it tends to get slightly annoying digging/mining for all that material...

and those dirt roads up there sure look gorgeous!