Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RatzuCRRPG

Having Problems Installing Beta 2 Build 44 On A Mac

20 posts in this topic

Hello, let me start off by saying that I've tried every possible method to install TerraFirmaCraft on my friend's Mac, but to no avail. I honestly don't know what else to do to get it to work, and with all the instructions being outdated, it's really been trial and error.

Can someone please be so kind as to reply with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to install TerraFirmaCraft on Mac OS X? Or if possible, upload your Mac's minecraft.jar with TerraFirmaCraft installed? Any of these two would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I am on mac, I use magic launcher and it installs no problem, you probably are doing something wrong because installing on mac is quite different from pc. to use it with magic just install magic, go to config in the starting screen, then pick what mod.zips you want and there you go. Hope it helps.

If you have any other problems just post I will see if I can help with the mac install.

It didn't work.

Here's what I did:

I downloaded all the downloads required, and they all decompress themselves automatically.

So I went into the folder of each download (now a folder as it is decompressed) and selected all of the items and compressed them, I renamed them to avoid confusion {Core.zip, Forge.zip, PlayerAPI.zip, Resources.zip) then I went into magic launcher and went into setup and clicked Add and added the .zips (it said OK for every zip except Resources.zip which said "No mods found" or something similar). So I clicked test and in the bottom left corner it said "0 Mods Loaded", and "FML vnull.null.null". I ignored it and created a new singleplayer world and the game crashed.

Any pointers on what to do?

you did it wrong, make it so they cant be decompressed automatically, if you just compress the folder it wont compress the files right so it wont install right. if you want you can go manually into every folder and compress the files, or find the original .zip you downloaded.

When I download it it's not even a zip anymore it's just a zip while it's downloading, then it's just like "Hey, you don't need this!" and just decompresses it. I don't click the folder and hit compress, by the way, I open the folder select all the items inside it (some of them are folders) and hit "Compress [X] items".

Can you tell me the order you are putting it into magic launcher because it might be something as simple as you need to update forge or something like that.

I just throw them in, does the order matter? And I download forge from the downloads page on terrafirmacraft.com (build 152 I think).

yes the order does matter, if you dont have some of them right, the ones that require it wont work.

Can you tell me the correct way to install it? It would be greatly appreciated.

I did the following forge .152,Player Api, TFC client core,TFC resources, optifine. That works for me, I also use a few mods like NEI but if they aren't being used, then the order I just said works great no problems

But you just select the mods in that order, then start it at all once (after all the mods have been selected)?

Once you have the mods in the magic launcher config selected In that order click ok On the bottom left and then start minecraft

The problem with manually installing mods for minecraft on macs is that some of them includes files that go inside folders that already exist on the raw minecraft.jar. Now, the Mac, different from Windows, overwrites these folders upon drag-and-drop. The way to go around that problem is by manually placing the required classes inside the folders that are inside the minecraft.jar. Luckily, there are only a few folders you have to do that with. 1 or 2 in the TFC_Resources zip and only 1, the "net" folder, in the TFCraft-Client-Core zip.

Now that's what I'm assuming is your problem. If you already knew that, just ignore what I said.

No problem, installing on Mac is not very hard , once you learn how to do it. What ended up being your problem?

I re-downloaded all the files and went into safari > preferences > general and unchecked "open safe files" so it stopped decompressing all the .zips. THen I just added them in the order that you told me.

Mac's strike again!

So for future reference, the Safari brower's default is to extract safe files (evidently including zips) when they finish downloading, and in addition, Mac's dont merge folders, they overwrite them?

The one and only time I had to use a mac, I nearly threw the thing out the window, because copying data from from a disk to the HD didnt actually copy, it just create a shortcut, or symlink or whatever they are called on Mac's. The hex value for the WEP key was case sensative, and it was the only mac in the building.... I program in .NET, and around our office we call Mac users Macholes..... no offence intended :P

Macs replace files instead of joining them, so you need to go into your decompressed .zip and join any files that will overwrite each other manually. On a side note, you also can't use a minecraft .jar that has been patched with MC patcher as a base.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0