Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

The Wailing (1/2) An alien new realm

108 posts in this topic

Yeah, lol

besides, assholes like me would bottle the antimatter and then toss it as far as possible just to marvel at the crater, just like I did with the nukes in my industrialcraft LP XD

And btw its not a ripoff, several similar mods exist, and Eloraam was not the first to make one

How strong is your arm to toss that bottle far enough for not dying? i mean, a gram makes an explosion like Hiroshima's one, how big could be the explosion of a bottle? o_o...

Jokes aside, i know it isn't a ripoff, but i don't really know a better word for it... and "surprisely borrowing it" just didn't sounded well :

How strong is your arm to toss that bottle far enough for not dying? i mean, a gram makes an explosion like Hiroshima's one, how big could be the explosion of a bottle? o_o...

Jokes aside, i know it isn't a ripoff, but i don't really know a better word for it... and "surprisely borrowing it" just didn't sounded well :

Lol. Stuff goes pretty far if you throw it off a mountain at a 45 degree angle

And not borrowing either, it would be independently programmed

Well I don't think we should be calling it 'nothing' and directly ripping from a story...

...What if it's strange matter? Fits the theme, and placing it in the overworld on accident would start a reaction similar to Eloraam's Blue Goo mod :3

Apologies for being so late to the party.

I love this idea.

So much.

So much it is painful.

i'm going to try to make the 10+ block high mob useing a chisle in game now to see if i can make it :3

i'm going to try to make the 10+ block high mob useing a chisle in game now to see if i can make it :3

fuckin A

post pics man

i think i got a basic idea done. just got to upload it.

Edited by vgcatsfan

i think i got a basic idea done. just got to upload it.

Awesome man ! Get it uploaded ;)

I'd love to see how other people are envisioning these mobs :)

I was thinking about this in Go to Hell, but if anyone has read the codex alera series by jim bucther, then the croach and stuff could be good inspiration for the wailing.

I was thinking about this in Go to Hell, but if anyone has read the codex alera series by jim bucther, then the croach and stuff could be good inspiration for the wailing.

I haven't read it, but I will now :P .. Once I've finished "The Final Empire" series, best magic system I've ever had the pleasure to read about, by the way.

Lol

this is so hellraiser ^^

this is so hellraiser ^^

It was one of the inspirations :P I'm a big fan .. I even watched the awful straight to dvd ones :L

sounds like quite a good idea IMO, don't know if it'd really fit in TFC, but well maybe bioxx and dunk decide to give it a magical aspect after all ^^

OMG its a zombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ruuuun!!!!!

No just no I dont want another world.  TFC is on a good track.  This would ruin it in my perspective.  If you like new Dimensions go play minecraft.

Free tnt during the day time?

...What? What in the hell are you talking about

@_@ Well... I won't stay up playing TFC late at night...

Ever.

Uh... to go back to what some of the twisted freaks should look like I would suggest doing a Google image search (or YouTube) "the thing horror"

EDIT: "the thing transformation" gives way better results... especially on YouTube

I would link pictures but they aren't family friendly, little too much blood and slimy bits.

And to suggest a new mob... Make it like a spider but smaller, with longer thin legs. It would be EXACTLY the same texture as the environment and able to curl in its legs and hold still to look EXACTLY like a block.

When you

a- walk too close to one

and then

b- are not currently looking at it

You hear a rasping, clicking sound as it slowly unfolds it's limbs. A moment later ...soft scuttling getting louder as it rushes for the back of your neck.

And to suggest a new mob... Make it like a spider but smaller, with longer thin legs. It would be EXACTLY the same texture as the environment and able to curl in its legs and hold still to look EXACTLY like a block.When youa- walk too close to oneand thenb- are not currently looking at itYou hear a rasping, clicking sound as it slowly unfolds it's limbs. A moment later ...soft scuttling getting louder as it rushes for the back of your neck.

...I like this. I like you. You can stay.

...What? What in the hell are you talking about

I am quite sure he refers to explosive properties of certain metals during the game as suggested in this thread, which would allow their use as TNT even when one wants little to do with the dimension itself.Other than that I like the ideas of big, big creatures traversing the world - though not necessarily hostile - and of hiding spider, though I get an impression of the whole idea turned from alien, sinister dimension into one about the world trying to be as scary and dangerous as possible.As I argued in the past, I wouldn't mind more alien/pocket dimensions but I'd rather keep them from adhering just to single theme (more 'alien' than 'a trip to a themepark - choose whether you want something scary, cute or heroic fantasy'). Here, it seems it'd be mostly about avoiding or fighting all kinds of random things wanting to hurt the character and I think it could do better than this.