Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Brodiggan

Surface Stone/Flint should be more uniformly distributed

6 posts in this topic

As of the latest version (Beta v2 Build 45), I'm finding much more surface stone on average, which is nice, but the distribution of stone is causing some issues. On most saves I stumble on a nice cluster of stones pretty quickly and I'm set, but every now and then I've run into worlds which just seem devoid of surface stone (or at least, devoid of surface stones near the initial spawn).

Twice tonight I've started a new game, only to have to abandon it after walking for 3+ days and nights without finding a single stone to make a tool with. This doesn't happen on every world, but since loose stone/flint is absolutely required to make any progress, not finding any of it really gets frustrating when this does happen.

When I regenerated the stone-light worlds with the same seed and explored in other directions, I did find stone eventually, so they weren't really completely lacking... otherwise I would have reported this as a bug, instead it just seems like the distribution of stone is being too heavily weighted (maybe in the same way ore distribution is being weighted to form larger veins?).

well I just solve that by making a pickaxe first, and go mine some stone right away, assuming you already have 2 rocks to do some knapping.

well I just solve that by making a pickaxe first, and go mine some stone right away, assuming you already have 2 rocks to do some knapping.

He's saying he can't find rocks on the surface. If you can't find rocks, then you can't make a pickaxe. On the other hand, I've went through many worlds and this is hardly a problem. It takes menial amounts of walking to find rocks every time. Not seeing them as soon as you spawn doesn't necessarily warrant a change in generation.

He's saying he can't find rocks on the surface. If you can't find rocks, then you can't make a pickaxe. On the other hand, I've went through many worlds and this is hardly a problem. It takes menial amounts of walking to find rocks every time. Not seeing them as soon as you spawn doesn't necessarily warrant a change in generation.

Yeah, I'm not talking about not seeing stone the moment I start. If you notice, I mentioned searching for three minecraft days and not finding any at all (just bad luck I suppose). This definitely isn't something that happens often, out of the 10-12 worlds I've generated testing out the current patch it's only happened twice, but it's extremely frustrating when it does happen. Since surface stone/flint is required to do absolutely -anything-, not finding any within the first hour 10-15% of the time seems like something worth looking at as problematic.

When in doubt, force creeper explosions.

Doh! I wish I'd thought of that before abandoning the save.

it happens if you spawn in the jungle because of the bushes, that is the only time I have ever seen it.