Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teranz

Adding Horticulture!

21 posts in this topic

So alot of you may not be familiar with this term. I wasnt untill last september when my girlfriend started a course on Horticulture.Horticulture is a close releative to Agriculture, maybe like brother and sister?

So Agriculture is mainly about farming, growing and harvesting crops, and harvesting different fruits of trees and stuff! Were as Horticulture is about plants, flowers, herbs and so on. I'd be nice to see more flowers spawning with different colours (These would be used for decorations and easier crafting od dyes!), more mushrooms (Were some maybe poisons and other could be just fine and eatable.), herbs randomly generated around the world (Could be used in making medicine, e.g to slow down the hunger for some time, to stop poison and if bioxx ever adds stuff like diseases and flues herbs could be used to heal the player.) and also it would be nice to see small hedges and bushes spawn randomly (A bit like in the jungle but on a smaller scale).

Hope I didnt bore you to death! Thanks for reading! Teranz

1+ I like, it just has that feel to it. If you know what I mean. (Which I doubt because I don't really know what I mean.)

1+ I like, it just has that feel to it. If you know what I mean. (Which I doubt because I don't really know what I mean.)

I guess thanks!

+1, i love the idea of herbs and easier dyes, considering how dyes are used completely for decoration.

Speaking of herbs, milk is currently used as the default cure-all for status ailments. However, there's an herb called All-heal (or 'Woundwort', or any of around 15 other names) that can - as it's name suggests - remedy any number of ailments and maladies, from an upset stomach to respiratory distress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stachys#Properties

It could be found only in certain numbered biomes (plains 2, forest 6, etc...), and when crafted with a bucket of water, would make an Infusion of Allheal. Downing this would cure ailments the same way milk currently does, leaving you with an empty bucket and removing that frankly silly mechanic for milk.

I like this idea. Adding something like tea leaves would be cool too.

Interestingly enough, I actually have some allheal cuttings

I've made tinctures of the stuff in vodka - tastes like a petrified asshole, but damned if it didn't kill my stomache ache dead

Speaking of herbs, milk is currently used as the default cure-all for status ailments. However, there's an herb called All-heal (or 'Woundwort', or any of around 15 other names) that can - as it's name suggests - remedy any number of ailments and maladies, from an upset stomach to respiratory distress.

It could be found only in certain numbered biomes (plains 2, forest 6, etc...), and when crafted with a bucket of water, would make an Infusion of Allheal. Downing this would cure ailments the same way milk currently does, leaving you with an empty bucket and removing that frankly silly mechanic for milk.

Thanks!

... o.o for?

The complement you kindly gave me..

I like this idea very much. and I think that there should be an herb that makes you temporarily stronger, like one that in real life boosts adrenaline.

Edit: this should function like a strength potion and all these herbs should stand in place of potions

The complement you kindly gave me..

...I'm a bit lost here, you may have to walk me through that...

I like this idea very much. and I think that there should be an herb that makes you temporarily stronger, like one that in real life boosts adrenaline.

Edit: this should function like a strength potion and all these herbs should stand in place of potions

2 words: Coffee beans

coffee was being consumed as early as the mid 1500's

Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_mate#Chemical_composition_and_properties

this is what i've been waiting for mojang to do ever seince they started their silly potion mechanics

so different herbs would be used to make medicines instead of potions and would be used to either cure ailments or give you temporary buffs

maybe coffee could raise the fatigue or sleep bar a bit if one is implemented?

this is what i've been waiting for mojang to do ever seince they started their silly potion mechanics

so different herbs would be used to make medicines instead of potions and would be used to either cure ailments or give you temporary buffs

maybe coffee could raise the fatigue or sleep bar a bit if one is implemented?

it would have to have a limit though - otherwise people will just drink coffee and stay awake forever

+1 Speaking of herbs, milk is currently used as the default cure-all for status ailments. However, there's an herb called All-heal (or 'Woundwort', or any of around 15 other names) that can - as it's name suggests - remedy any number of ailments and maladies, from an upset stomach to respiratory distress.

It could be found only in certain numbered biomes (plains 2, forest 6, etc...), and when crafted with a bucket of water, would make an Infusion of Allheal. Downing this would cure ailments the same way milk currently does, leaving you with an empty bucket and removing that frankly silly mechanic for milk. Great idea! If only i though of that first!

That complement....

Perhaps we could implent addictions and other side-effects, to prevent stuff from going overpowered.

Coffee for example, as soon as the coffee rush wears off, one can get depressed. This depression might translate in sluggishness aka: Slower walking and/or mining fatigue. The ways to heal this is either to wait it out or take another coffee. However, over time so much coffee can be resource expensive.

Also on the idea of restoring sleep: Perhaps it should restore sleep over time, on a rate slightly slower than it decreases, and make the effects un-stackable. This way it just slows down the rate you get tired, like in real life.

On a related note: The stronger/more potent the healing/curing/etc item is, the worse the side-effects or addiction rate becomes: for example, this cure-all might make the player quite weak for a while, simulating recovery and numbness. (strong painkillers anyone.).

Also, addictions require one to either try to kick off the addiction or take more of the substance one is addicted to. However, when one is kicking of an addiction, stats will be lowered (faster dehydration, more hunger, need alot of sleep, etc).

Sorry if this stuff is a mess btw.

So we add a sleep bar and coffee raises the level but drops the saturation so you get tired far faster afterwards.

Perhaps we could implent addictions and other side-effects, to prevent stuff from going overpowered.

Coffee for example, as soon as the coffee rush wears off, one can get depressed. This depression might translate in sluggishness aka: Slower walking and/or mining fatigue. The ways to heal this is either to wait it out or take another coffee. However, over time so much coffee can be resource expensive.

Also on the idea of restoring sleep: Perhaps it should restore sleep over time, on a rate slightly slower than it decreases, and make the effects un-stackable. This way it just slows down the rate you get tired, like in real life.

On a related note: The stronger/more potent the healing/curing/etc item is, the worse the side-effects or addiction rate becomes: for example, this cure-all might make the player quite weak for a while, simulating recovery and numbness. (strong painkillers anyone.).

Also, addictions require one to either try to kick off the addiction or take more of the substance one is addicted to. However, when one is kicking of an addiction, stats will be lowered (faster dehydration, more hunger, need alot of sleep, etc).

Sorry if this stuff is a mess btw.

Thing is though, Allheal really has no downsides. I'd know, I own some.

Just make it rare to find and don't have it drop seeds - bam, instant game balance

That complement....

Im so confused... how is that in any way a complement to you?

Im so confused... how is that in any way a complement to you?

In my quote just read the first and last line...

You're being pretty weird dude, you added those in. And it's compliment, not complement. :rolleyes:

...Sorry bro, but I'm pretty sure you've never specifically requested Woundwort... If you have, please link me

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0