Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lumireaver

[Steam Summer Sale General]

7 posts in this topic

Torn on buying it. It doesn't look like the pacing is right for me, but I've heard good things from credible people. What does it offer in terms of extended playability?

I played Warband and also With Fire and Sword. For the original, well I never played it but it's probably very similar to Warband. I really liked both versions I played, very entertaining. You get to build your army, attack brigands and later on when your stronger you can siege cities.

A nice advantage of With Fire and Sword was the merchant system, which was bit better, and you could actually make trade caravans yourself so making money was easier.

The major turn off I had from any version of that game is that after a while it gets repetitive. I mean, when you're weak you struggle with each battle to survive, and you're army is growing every once in a while, going from a few soldiers to a few more, and the tactics you use may change when you get a bigger army... But THE problem I had with the game is that once your army gets to a certain point, it's not growing much anymore, it costs a lot in upkeep and battles gets repetitive. In my opinion, when you get to a certain point the game only goes about, you gain a city for your faction, then you loose one, you try to gain it back... All very nice at first, but after some time you get bit bored from it. I suppose you could give yourself some personal goals to achieve and thus the game wouldn't seem boring.

Even though I know I talked more about the bad then the good, I really loved the game, it's really nice and entertaining. All I'd say is that if you're expecting to get a game that will entertain you for months... well maybe not that long.

Get Warband if you get anything. It looks better, plays better, has more flexibility when commanding your troops and has better mods. As far as replay value, the single player gets kind of boring unless you mod it, then it gets boring again, but playing multiplayer is fun though. I've had Warband for about 3 years now and I still occasionally log on to play some siege matches with people. The controls feel awkward at first but when you get used to them they feel good and they make sense. They are just really different from most melee combat games since you actually have to choose how you swing or otherwise use your weapon.

Well folks, ended up getting it after realizing there was a demo. The combat seemed meaty enough, and I've got a brother so there's always someone to play with. (Even though it cost twice as much 'cause of that...)

I only tried Warband, but bought all three and the Napoleonic Wars DLC.

Also join the Steam group. There didn't seem to be one. First person to make an avatar wins cookies. :U

Good to see you decided to buy it. I hope you enjoy it :) .. The combat is interesting right ? :P

Good to see you decided to buy it. I hope you enjoy it :) .. The combat is interesting right ? :P

Well, looking at the game, it seemed interesting from the start. What what you'd said about it, and what it looked like in motion just rang with me. ...The biggest thing holding me back was how repetitive it seemed like it could be. Then I realized I like games like Minecraft and repetition probably wasn't as big an issue as I was making it out out to be. So I grabbed the game as a deal like that probably won't show up for a long while.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0