Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueCH

Unshaped Zinc dissapears

15 posts in this topic

Good time of day.

I was really happy when found my first ore - sphalerite. I started to melt some pieces of ore to make an Unshaped Zinc.

With hammer and stone anvil I made Zinc ingot and made a chisel.

Then I made some bricks and then my very first Bloomery. Then I started smelting the rest ores. And by that I obtained Unshaped Zinc's. I tryed to give it form ob Anvil, but it doesn't work. Then I wanted to try to warm up my Unshaped Zinc. I started Firepit, added some logs as fuel. Then I put Unshaped Zinc in upper slot of Firepit interface, and it dissapeared.

What have i done wrong?

Help please!

Minecraft version 1.2.5

Mod version

Beta 2 Build 45

P.S.

Maybe Unshaped Zinc's were too hot to work, and it was in liquid state and just poured out when i tryed to heat it up?

From what I have noticed, that low melting point metals seem to disappear (Evaporating metal?) when it gets too hot. Check your levels on the Wiki to make sure you do not make it too hot.

the problem is that the metal got too hot and melted, and you didn't have a mold to catch it, so you lost the metal.

for some reason you have to melt the metal from one mold into another. I assume this is just to make the codeing for it simpler. Maybe one day it will be changed to make more sense.

With my low level of English, I didn't noticed that state of metal was "liquid".

I just didn't translate it to my language :D

I think problem is solved, and the answer is: "Unshaped Zinc just poured out"

Big thanks to all of you!

i have a similar problem but in my case i put a mold in the output slot and the metal disappeared nevertheless. i found some "small sphalerites" and melted them in different firepits and wanted to melt them into one but the mold in the input slot (the one i wanted to heat up) as well as the one in the output slot (the one i wanted the first one to pour into) just disappeared.

Also is it possible to melt ore with the forge?

I hope you understand my a bit complicated sentence structure and can help me :)

Also is it possible to melt ore with the forge?

Cannot melt ore in the forge, only firepit or bloomery. The forge heats up unshaped ore and ingots.

I have a similar problem but in my case I put a mold in the output slot and the metal disappeared nevertheless. I found some "small sphalerites" and melted them in different firepits and wanted to melt them into one but the mold in the input slot (the one i wanted to heat up) as well as the one in the output slot (the one I wanted the first one to pour into) just disappeared.

---

Not exactly sure if this was the problem, but just FYI (as gompasta mentioned earlier), the metals, when hot enough can actually evaporate. This would normally happen when you are poring molten metal into a mold repeatedly and the mold continues to heat the metal until it evaporate. Not sure if that's what happened to you, but just know that it's possible.

The wiki is your friend here, http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Metals if you check that it tells you all the evaporation temperatures for metals. only bismuth, zinc, and bismuth bronze actually evaporate.

most of the relevant stuff has been said here except for one thing, if you're using a bloomery i'd strongly suggest tossing it into a chest or otherwise waiting for the partial mold with some metal to completely cool first, i've noticed a few times that because the metal comes out of the bloomery far beyond the safe temperatures that you can have partial ingots still in the mold (with molds waiting or not) evaporate immediately as soon as you place them into some interfaces.

also, it's arguably off topic but i'd say it would be nice if the ingots especially of starter tier ore didn't come out of the bloomery far past safe temperatures in the first place, like i think nearly any metal will get to white hot in a bloomery regardless of tier and temp tolerance, i'm suggesting that ores should only heat to just below (or possibly at) their evaporation point in a bloomery.

I've actually never had that issue, which interfaces are we talking about exactly?

i'm thinking the anvil, but i avoided saying on purpose since i'm currently too lazy to fire up MC nostalgia and go figure out which did it and i can't remember for sure off the top of my head, firepit and anvil would be the ones i'd guess did it though, also i seem to remember that if you leave a full mold in the output slot of the bloomery while it still has fuel it would continue heating it for some reason as well, but i may be mistaken on that.

[edit] ah, nice surprise, i don't actually have to downgrade it would seem since i use multi MC even though i remember updating through the normal MC launcher, let me do some fiddling around and see if i can pin it down [/edit]

[edit 2] well it figures as soon as i try to reproduce it i have no luck, i even tried the tossing a white** unshaped ingot into the forge just in case i was doing it wrong when i noticed this and it didn't boil away [/edit]

i think you would have to throw it in a forge/firepit that was still heating, because that is the only way that could happen i believe.

yeah i tried doing exactly that with both and no dice, figures as soon as i try to reproduce a bug it refuses to happen. :lol:

lol i know that feel man.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0