Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Joey

TerraFirmaCraft in the technic launcher?

67 posts in this topic

I am sure this has already been discussed or suggested, but I really think it would be quite swell if TerraFirmaCraft would be incorporated into the technic launcher, or even have it's own launcher based off of spout. This would simplify installation a ton, hence drawing many more players. Installing this great mod I failed 5 or 6 times, and almost gave up trying to install it. I am sure there are many people less patient than I who have been turned away from this mod, because installing can seem daunting to a noobie.

Discuss, and thanks for reading.

Pretty sure this is one of the easier mods to install, and the technic mods make it an unfriendly community over there. I don't see how people can have so many issues installing mods into minecraft. I agree that maybe installer, kinda like how technic used to have it, but not with the new technic launcher.

I don't think including TFC in the Technic Launcher would benefit the TFC community very much...

Imagine the waves and waves of people creating threads asking how the prospector's pickaxe works or why cobblestones and dirt are falling on top of them, instead of taking the time to read the wiki, guides, or other threads.

The creator of the forestry mod seems to have figured that out and has attempted to withdraw his mod from the Technic Pack all together.

Keeping TFC out of the Technic Pack, especially during this Alpha/Beta stage will only help the development, in my opinion.

Pretty sure this is one of the easier mods to install, and the technic mods make it an unfriendly community over there. I don't see how people can have so many issues installing mods into minecraft. I agree that maybe installer, kinda like how technic used to have it, but not with the new technic launcher.

I would love the option technic gives you to go forwards and backwards throwout the updates. :) (like say I feel like playing B39 one day then B45 the next) other then that I see no reason to even consider doing anything with technic, this mod is still way too underdeveloped, even hack/mine seems more *Complete?*

Installing TFC aint that hard and the problem with having tfc in technic launcher is that it wouldnt be up to date with the latest build and prereleases. It would also take a long time to update technic laun her to the latest version and by that time their would 1 or more new versions... So my personally opinion about technic launcher is "NO"

I would love the option technic gives you to go forwards and backwards throwout the updates. :) (like say I feel like playing B39 one day then B45 the next) other then that I see no reason to even consider doing anything with technic.

Different builds would be nice, but usually it's progressive builds that people want to play. With TFC as a beta right now, or alpha which ever you wanna call it, it's better that it just stays on it's own. I think once more of the mods gets fleshed out, things like an installer would make more sense. As it is, revisions can happen a bunch at once, or one or two every couple of days. I think if it were on schedule with how frequent industrialcraft or buildcraft update, then an installer would be needed more.

Installing TFC aint that hard and the problem with having tfc in technic launcher is that it wouldnt be up to date with the latest build and prereleases. It would also take a long time to update technic laun her to the latest version and by that time their would 1 or more new versions... So my personally opinion about technic launcher is "NO"

you do realize that the different modspacks/mod devs update their own stuff on the launcher right? The only time the launcher updates is either when a new modpack/mod comes out or if they're releasing new features or fixing bugs.

I am sure this has already been discussed or suggested, but I really think it would be quite swell if TerraFirmaCraft would be incorporated into the technic launcher, or even have it's own launcher based off of spout. This would simplify installation a ton, hence drawing many more players. Installing this great mod I failed 5 or 6 times, and almost gave up trying to install it. I am sure there are many people less patient than I who have been turned away from this mod, because installing can seem daunting to a noobie.

Discuss, and thanks for reading.

I thought "technic" broke all the rules as none of the mod owners "Eloram, Kraft, Sengir" had actually given permission for their mods to be incorporated in a mod pack.

If you need a launcher use MagicLauncher (by the same guy who doesoptifine). I think I have about 10 configs setup now including 2 for different versions of TFCraft (so I can still play on my unbroken Pre38 world).

at first they didn't have permission, and there aren't actually rules about it, it's just frowned upon. That's why sengir was so miffed at the technic crew, but as they have been trying to be "legit" they have gotten permission from them as well as more people. Sengir however still won't allow his mod to be put into technic, so people have to do it themselves.

I agree that in the current state TFC is too fluid in development for it to be wise to include it in the Technic group, but as development progresses I think it would be a great idea. You'd have a ton more people being exposed to the mod, and the incessant questions from people ignoring wikis and guides - well, just answer them, or ignore them if it bothers you that much. :rolleyes:

The way FlowerChild et al responded to the Technic pack was hilarious, I have no problems with the Technic compilers. Obviously it's up to Bioxx at the end of the day though.

Wow guys, I thanks for the feedback, I always viewed the technic launcher as this great thing, I suppose I'll do some research about it later. I still do think a standalone installer would be nice. Maybe I just suck at installing mods or following directions...

I agree that in the current state TFC is too fluid in development for it to be wise to include it in the Technic group, but as development progresses I think it would be a great idea. You'd have a ton more people being exposed to the mod, and the incessant questions from people ignoring wikis and guides - well, just answer them, or ignore them if it bothers you that much. :rolleyes:

The way FlowerChild et al responded to the Technic pack was hilarious, I have no problems with the Technic compilers. Obviously it's up to Bioxx at the end of the day though.

Wow guys, I thanks for the feedback, I always viewed the technic launcher as this great thing, I suppose I'll do some research about it later. I still do think a standalone installer would be nice. Maybe I just suck at installing mods or following directions...

I know why you feel this way, however I would advise you both look at this thread before proceeding any further:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1106-built-minecraftjar-file-download/

Bioxx has very openly stated his opposition to the Technic pack as well as his views on distributing modified .jar files or launchers. I'm afraid this is never going to happen with Bioxx's permission, which means it should never happen, period.

If you have a hard time installing mods, try one of the launchers other mod makers produce. Personally, I recommend MagicLauncher, which you will find here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/939149-launcher-magic-launcher-098-mods-options-news/

I found that using magiclauncher with TFC produced very strange results.

I found that using magiclauncher with TFC produced very strange results.

Such as ? I haven't had any issues yet that I couldn't solve :):P

i just have to say, this would be the single best thing to happen to tfcraft in my opinion, not really sure but playing with smart moving, tfcraft and nei for whatever the reason i never have any luck getting the server setup properly so until my friend i almost always play with shows up on yahoo messsenger and can be bothered to update the server for us each new update means that we can't play for a while.

only thing i can think of that would be a bigger improvement over an automated client and server install would be fixing the ore generation, i'm getting sick of worlds that contain nothing but sphalerite, i will say though on that one that there is a lot more sphalerite from what i can tell than there was in a build 46b generated world than there was with a build 45 generated one, but still if i'm going to keep the world i have to have a hit on some type of secondary ore as a near surface deposit.

FYI, I still have the tool that I built mentioned in the other thread, and I made some major changes to it since that post making it more stable. Unfortuantely, per Bioxx's request, I cannot and will not distribute the mod files with the installer. The installer is very similar to MultiMC, and simply builds you a unique instance of Minecraft with the mods you select installed on it, keeping those instances seperate from your actual minecraft install. With the tool, you can create a new configuration each time a version of TFC is released, and play any version you have taken the time to set up at the click of a button. Currently the tool is only supported on windows operating systems with the .NET framework 4.0. I have given the code to another developer here on the forums who is looking into writing a cross platform version.

personally, if multiMC supported server installing, i would have to toss whoever is doing the work on that a decent size donation, it is a wonderful mod manager and works perfectly at least for me.

i honestly just can't justify wasting the time on trial and error installation methods either for the server or the client and playing on someone else's server isn't worth it for me either, i need to be able to pick and choose my own mods that i'm going to use on the server, i need to have NEI and so on and so forth, it would definitely be one of the single most useful things i could ever think of to have a mod manager that supports server and client installs.

i mean, don't get me wrong here i love the technic pack and tekkit and i will say honestly one of the main reasons i got into playing that is because it is automatically setup with a large list of mods that i'm interested in playing, if i had to do all that work myself, i'd still be playing vanilla.

personally, if multiMC supported server installing, i would have to toss whoever is doing the work on that a decent size donation

I wanted the exact same thing, which is why the verion of the tool im working on now supports building both server and client instances. :D

I wanted the exact same thing, which is why the verion of the tool im working on now supports building both server and client instances. :D

awesome, if you can get it working reliably i'll try to donate a few bucks when i can.

No need, but you can surely have a copy :D

I've always been of the opinion that if you're having too much trouble with the manual install, then this is not the mod for you

I've always been of the opinion that if you're having too much trouble with the manual install, then this is not the mod for you

you know, if all you ever do is troll and flame, no one is going to listen.

you know, if all you ever do is troll and flame, no one is going to listen.

If you honestly think that what I'm doing is trolling or flaming, then you are either 15 years old or you use this 'internet' thing every other week or so.

As it so happens, at least one (probably more) of the mod developers agree with me about this whole 'launcher' idiocy.

still no reason to discourage someone from starting a project that could only help more people play the mod, your bad attitude has been noted multiple times bro, not just in this thread at any rate.

still no reason to discourage someone from starting a project that could only help more people play the mod, your bad attitude has been noted multiple times bro, not just in this thread at any rate.

Eternals "bad attitude" is balanced by his healthy contribution to many of the suggestion threads.

I would say in his defence that he criticizes ideas harshly but fairly. (albeit too brutaly for some)

There is actually another reason to discourage this which I posted earlier:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1106-built-minecraftjar-file-download/

Notice the thread is now locked. Bioxx actively opposes the Technic pack, so putting the mod in it would go directly againt his wishes.

Unless something changes dramatically, the mod is not getting re-packaged, either into an installer, pre modded jar or the technic pack

/thread