Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kotoroshinoto

Make beds buildable rather than craftable?

62 posts in this topic

I think it would not only be cold, but also unhealthy (insects, easier to get ill on old muffy furs).

You could add the option that it depletes your hunger bar or something instead of a debuff or damage, to indicate that the sleep was rather "exhausting" cause you didn't get really relaxed at night to sleep well due to bedbugs biting your toes.

nope. Discussed with bioxx a while back, and we see no reason to prevent you from sleeping on a pile of furs on the ground. 'Fact, we might encourage it...

nope. Discussed with bioxx a while back, and we see no reason to prevent you from sleeping on a pile of furs on the ground. 'Fact, we might encourage it...

By removing vanilla bed and replacing it with the pile of furs, made in a pretty difficult way -needing lots of fur to be thrown in the ground, similar to the way to create a firepit, except with no special tool for it- ...?

EDIT: Or adding in something that will make you wish to skip the night...?

By removing vanilla bed and replacing it with the pile of furs, made in a pretty difficult way -needing lots of fur to be thrown in the ground, similar to the way to create a firepit, except with no special tool for it- ...?

EDIT: Or adding in something that will make you wish to skip the night...?

Not removing per se, more like delaying?

So you mean that you have to work more for the normal bed, so its obtainable later ingame?

So you mean that you have to work more for the normal bed, so its obtainable later ingame?

Oh, ok. Who would said i would feel like a pro for having a bed inside my house instead of piles of fur :3

so pretty much you guys are trying to make actual beds used for only bragging rights?

so pretty much you guys are trying to make actual beds used for only bragging rights?

we don't want you to have normal beds early game. It feels unnatural, but on the other hand, we don't want anyone having an advantage over someone else just because the slept in a stupid bed.

EDIT: Maybe we could have different types of bed though? To really show off your wealth? Silk sheets perhaps, or hanging curtains? Quality of wood that goes into your bed?

we don't want you to have normal beds early game. It feels unnatural, but on the other hand, we don't want anyone having an advantage over someone else just because the slept in a stupid bed.

EDIT: Maybe we could have different types of bed though? To really show off your wealth? Silk sheets perhaps, or hanging curtains? Quality of wood that goes into your bed?

+1

The advantage of late-tier beds could be customization, as opposed to sleeping on all the same ragged furs as your fellows.

If you have the resources to piss away, you could make yourself a nice pink canopy bed. Going for a more spartan look? Simple white and gray will do. Wanna pimp your shit out? Black pillow, white bed, and royal purple sheets and canopy, with mahogany wood. Now get back in the car, ho. Wanna be a manly man? RED. ALL OF IT.

+1

The advantage of late-tier beds could be customization, as opposed to sleeping on all the same ragged furs as your fellows.

If you have the resources to piss away, you could make yourself a nice pink canopy bed. Going for a more spartan look? Simple white and gray will do. Wanna pimp your shit out? Black pillow, white bed, and royal purple sheets and canopy, with mahogany wood. Now get back in the car, ho. Wanna be a manly man? RED. ALL OF IT.

Also gives an interesting way to bring dyes back into TFC. Nice, good job guys.

This was the primary purpose of my OP, the buffs/debuffs thing was brought on by people thinking there needed to be a reason for it.

What do you want.

Bed-touch requirements every forty-eight to seventy-two hours. No bed-touch makes mining take longer, and damage dealing tools less effective. :U

I endorse anything that allows me to have more swag though.

But isn't sleeping like a caveman very bad for you IRL anyway?

I've slept on floors plenty, and it's never as restful and my back always kills me the next morning

I'd imagine cavemen were used to it, but that might be the reason they all had such terrible posture.

Bed-touch requirements every forty-eight to seventy-two hours. No bed-touch makes mining take longer, and damage dealing tools less effective. :U

I endorse anything that allows me to have more swag though.

I'd imagine cavemen were used to it, but that might be the reason they all had such terrible posture.

Unfortunately, we can't have any debuffs for not sleeping.

And I can't tell if you're serious about the posture thing.

Unfortunately, we can't have any debuffs for not sleeping.

And I can't tell if you're serious about the posture thing.

I'm curious if the reason is a technical limitation, or a balance thing...and yeah, the posture thing was just a bad joke. The comfort thing was serious though. I bet if you spent your nights sleeping on straw mats the transition to over to memory foam mattresses would be a bit unsettling at first.

I'm curious if the reason is a technical limitation, or a balance thing...and yeah, the posture thing was just a bad joke. The comfort thing was serious though. I bet if you spent your nights sleeping on straw mats the transition to over to memory foam mattresses would be a bit unsettling at first.

If you had to sleep every 48 hours, some guy could troll a sever by keeping his character from sleeping for as long as possible.

If you had to sleep every 48 hours, some guy could troll a sever by keeping his character from sleeping for as long as possible.

perhaps only required in ssp?

Err, what would happen if you didn't sleep in that time? Maybe make the player go into "sleep" for a few minutes, and incapacitate them, so monsters could attack them, of course if interrupted, the player would wake up, but would need sleep again soon.

Err, what would happen if you didn't sleep in that time? Maybe make the player go into "sleep" for a few minutes, and incapacitate them, so monsters could attack them, of course if interrupted, the player would wake up, but would need sleep again soon.

If you saw my earlier comment, you would see why this is entirely a bad idea.

That's why I specifically said "bed-touch," and not sleep. Forcing people to sleep is kind of like forcing them to use the restroom--unnecessary tedium, whereas requiring a bed-touch every hour of gameplay (approximately) is a nod to the fact that people normally need rest and a mechanic that will push people to set up camps every so often instead of sprint-hopping around the continent. Bring a sleeping back if you're going anywhere far. :U

Also you ought to be able to bed-touch whenever you wanted. People take naps in the middle of the day. At least I do.

That's why I specifically said "bed-touch," and not sleep. Forcing people to sleep is kind of like forcing them to use the restroom--unnecessary tedium, whereas requiring a bed-touch every hour of gameplay (approximately) is a nod to the fact that people normally need rest and a mechanic that will push people to set up camps every so often instead of sprint-hopping around the continent. Bring a sleeping back if you're going anywhere far. :U

Also you ought to be able to bed-touch whenever you wanted. People take naps in the middle of the day. At least I do.

I don't know if we'll implement that.

But when you compared the beds to using the restroom, I imagined if you had to wait for everyone else to get in one of the stalls before you could use the toilets.

+1

Speaking of Mahogany... Can we get that wood added by chance? That and Cherry Oak would make for some gorgeous furniture!

People in the 1500's didn't really need to make beds and only rich people had them , the normal(the poor) sleped on hay pilles at night if you are recomending to build beds instead of crafting them then you should also include a ability to sleep anywhere or suport my topic about hay . :)

-Krski

We have discussed many times the different kinds of beds. Example:

There are quite a few threads that I am too lazy to look up right now. And btw, Pro Tip: Use the search function to see if an idea (different kinds of beds) has been posted before. :)

Tnx for the tip but i just waned to put this out because many types of ideas are soon forgotten . :)

-Krski

Tnx for the tip but i just waned to put this out because many types of ideas are soon forgotten . :)

-Krski

That is an interesting mindset, but sure doesn't justify the posting of ideas (in a new thread) that has already been discussed to a great extent before.

Anyways, I love the idea of bed bling.