Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

Period Appropriate Transport + Logistics

102 posts in this topic

Lawl off topic again. And i note you all are scientists... I'm into Manufacturing. Still in high school.

I'm a manufacture engineer, I'm actually on a placement optimizing material flow in an injection moulding plant :)

It's good too see there are other people interested in manufacture :)

does CompSci count as a science? lol

does CompSci count as a science? lol

ummmm... depends. Do you mean the literal meaning or the common meaning?

A common computer science major is just another word for 'programmer' or, more informally, 'tech monkey'.

A computer scientist researches into new methods of computing - developing smaller microcircuits, writing new coding languages, scripting groundbreaking AI, etc...

'tech monkey'.

hey :wacko:

That was actually false

The tube was SUPPOSED to contain ebola, but someone in the lab fucked up and it wasn't actually in there. The dudes got away with their lives intact, if not their reputation

I was told it contained Ebola Reston, which is harmless to humans.

I was told it contained Ebola Reston, which is harmless to humans.

Oh?

Maybe it was both then - was supposed to have the bad shit, but had the good shit on accident

Oh?

Maybe it was both then - was supposed to have the bad shit, but had the good shit on accident

Reston is suspected to have contributed to some circulatory issues in some of the people exposed, but nothing on the scale that the zaire strain does.

I recall reading in a book about Ebola that the humans exposed during the incident that occurred in the primate facility in Reston virginia had a somewhat higher incidence of clotting related diseases, like heart attacks and strokes later on.

Its possible the virus tried to replicate but simply couldn't grab a hold the way the primary strains can. Maybe whatever mutations allowed it to spread via the air from monkey to monkey prevented it from being able to effectively infect human cells.

I have to add something

You should only be able to only place rails on gravel -> was normall practice till early 2006 in europe

roads should be depending on their tier ( dirt, gravel,cobble,smooth ........) only be placeable on a foundation

(sorry dint find the spoiler button)

Dirt -> no foundation

gravel -> sand

cobble ->sand,gravel

smooth -> sand,gravel,cobble

brick -> sand gravel cobble

Spoiler is under the Special BB code button (it's green) I dunno, I don't think it should HAVE to be on gravel, as the mod aims to be believable not 100% Realistic. So really, any surface should work yeah?

wow a lot was posted after a short break from constant refreshes. Good thing I can't make a bit of sense (maybe a bit more than the average sophomore, and at least 100 times more than the ones at my school) of the science convo.

I will say I'm glad to see suggestions that are researched and not just half-arsed sentences saying "Hey what about this if you combine this and this so we can make the game easy"

wow a lot was posted after a short break from constant refreshes. Good thing I can't make a bit of sense (maybe a bit more than the average sophomore, and at least 100 times more than the ones at my school) of the science convo.

I will say I'm glad to see suggestions that are researched and not just half-arsed sentences saying "Hey what about this if you combine this and this so we can make the game easy"

You seem to act like this is a new suggestion ? Somebody actually necro'd this from like 3 weeks ago :P

Thanks for the compliment but :) I always make sure my suggestions are based on knowledge and will contribute something to the game :P If I finish a suggestion and I don't think it's up to par, I won't post it :L

I saw this, and wondered is this an entirely new thread or a necro? it was a very good suggestion and reference btw.

I saw this, and wondered is this an entirely new thread or a necro? it was a very good suggestion and reference btw.

Thanks man, unfortunately, I think it has been largely rejected (like most of my suggestions :P I make things far too complex -.-)

Well that's what I get for not looking at dates :s

I wouldn't worry about it mate :)

Spoiler is under the Special BB code button (it's green) I dunno, I don't think it should HAVE to be on gravel, as the mod aims to be believable not 100% Realistic. So really, any surface should work yeah?

I think that would depend on, how complex the construction update is and what its contents are. Do you know what i´m saying ?

Soo, regarding transportation... have you already considered pack mules / donkeys? Not pulling a cart or anything, just with some bags on them to provide additional inventory.

Ideally, the player would have a rope he can either hold in the hand or place on a block (so the animal doesn't wander off) to lead such a packmule / donkey (or actually any other animal as well since the whole wheat thing is pretty strange and hard to control).

Soo, regarding transportation... have you already considered pack mules / donkeys? Not pulling a cart or anything, just with some bags on them to provide additional inventory.

Ideally, the player would have a rope he can either hold in the hand or place on a block (so the animal doesn't wander off) to lead such a packmule / donkey (or actually any other animal as well since the whole wheat thing is pretty strange and hard to control).

Unfortunately, the coding kibosh has been put on beasts of burden :( It is way too much work at this stage.

We do have a hope ! Though it is a small one.

Allegedly, Jeb promised horses to a friend and will likely implement them. Now, this has potential, so long as the horses are not made of fail, like most things they have implemented since the Halloween update :P

Who knows, Dunk may even be able to salvage the horses from the horrors of mojang code and actually make them work .....

Unfortunately, the coding kibosh has been put on beasts of burden :( It is way too much work at this stage.

We do have a hope ! Though it is a small one.

Allegedly, Jeb promised horses to a friend and will likely implement them. Now, this has potential, so long as the horses are not made of fail, like most things they have implemented since the Halloween update :P

Who knows, Dunk may even be able to salvage the horses from the horrors of mojang code and actually make them work .....

Well here's the thing - mojang code =! notchcode

Jed's implementation may be a bit easier or even harder to salvage. We won't know until Dunk sees it

Well here's the thing - mojang code =! notchcode

Jed's implementation may be a bit easier or even harder to salvage. We won't know until Dunk sees it

Hmmm .. True. As a non-programmer, I had presumed that "notch code" was used to refer to all of mojangs code.. I guess we will just have to wait and see

Oh, and it's Jeb, not Jed ;):P

Hmmm .. True. As a non-programmer, I had presumed that "notch code" was used to refer to all of mojangs code.. I guess we will just have to wait and see

I have to admit, the whole "horse" thing has been growing on me in the last few weeks. Even if they don't implement it in vanilla, I may just make my own.

Horse would be fun. Camels can spawn in the desert!

don't get too wild, this isn't Mo Creatures

I actually think it would be nice to put a bit of a spin to these things. Maybe this is a point where some of the less realistic aspects could have an influence. For example, not having horses but using yaks or, as suggested, llamas for that. Something a bit more unusual but not entirely unbelievable like for example a huge cat (although riding a tiger would be awesome in its own way.)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF