Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EstebanLB

Different crafting table, crafted with stone tools and plank

39 posts in this topic

Ohh, you are right, well. It would only explain the bigger recipes. Gotcha!!

Cool I like that. I think that these three slots should be implemented in the crafting suggested earlier that can be on any block. this way would be a good compromise.

I was thinking on making the tools consumed, that would explain how you can craft arrows, javelins and such, also how you attach tool heads to the sticks

BTW I like the OP's idea. I give him a thumbs up...

shameless self promotion detected xD

I love that idea even better. do I really need a table to make a stick? why can't I use a flat area of stone.

o.o why do you even need a surface to make a stick, when they literally fall from the trees?

Jokes aside, you in fact need the table because the tools get more damage from crafting over the flat than the damage they get from crafting over the table -with the stone area, the tools get more damaged than the stone, in the wooden table, it gets more damages than the tool as it is softer than the tool-

+1 to the OP

I've always been a bit pissed that 4 cubic meters of wood magically turns into 1 cubic meter of wood, with tools on the side. This idea fixes both problems in one neat and efficient swoop.

And I disagree with durability loss on the tools - just have them consumed in the crafting (they have to be unused). The fact that they essentially become infinite is balanced by the fact that you have to go back to the table all the time

+1 to the OP

I've always been a bit pissed that 4 cubic meters of wood magically turns into 1 cubic meter of wood, with tools on the side. This idea fixes both problems in one neat and efficient swoop.

And I disagree with durability loss on the tools - just have them consumed in the crafting (they have to be unused). The fact that they essentially become infinite is balanced by the fact that you have to go back to the table all the time

That's my point. I think that this discussion is not worth it. Just those cheap 3 tools, unused and a plank

my reasoning is that it won't necessarily be stone tools, I suppose you could check to see if the tools being used are stone or not and then switch between consuming and deducting usage, but that seems complex for no reason.

And I really think the use of tools for most crafting that would logically use them should be implemented with tool slots

if you are able to make a crafting table with STONE tools, it stands to reason that you should be able to make one with metal tools.

Also +1'd the OP. At first, I was sceptical. Then I thought about it for a while and realised that it is actually a miniscule tweak, which will add a nice touch of realism :)

Yeah I am for the OP too. PS it was late where I was. Stick was at the top of my head.

+1 to the OP

And unbalanced by the fact that you can take the crafting table with you to anywhere you go -which some guys can say is very annoying, but the posibility is still there-. I agree that the magical 4 cubic meters to 1 cubic meter recipe is rubbish, but it isn't as rubbish the fact of magically getting infinite stone tools by attaching them to a wooden block?

if you are able to make a crafting table with STONE tools, it stands to reason that you should be able to make one with metal tools.

This. This is why i suggested the limited number of craftings thing; to reward the players due to the tools sacrifice they are doing in order to get the so needed crafting table.

Also, i don't see why you couldn't use used tools for the recipe. IRL, if i wanted to, i would be able to use my old hammer for crafting a spear -supposing i know how to and i hve the materials to do it :P-. As the tools uses left -not the total uses- will be used to calculate the craftings of the table, it's not like you can use nearly broken red steel tools for getting a crafting table with a 1,000,000 uses.

And unbalanced by the fact that you can take the crafting table with you to anywhere you go -which some guys can say is very annoying, but the posibility is still there-. I agree that the magical 4 cubic meters to 1 cubic meter recipe is rubbish, but it isn't as rubbish the fact of magically getting infinite stone tools by attaching them to a wooden block?

Or you could just sod the whole business and go into creative

Yes, a very annoying person could just up and carry around their crafting table everywhere. They could also carry around a stack of sticks and a stack of each tool head. Or make mineshafts stable by putting exactly 1 each of vertical and horizontal supports instead of using the upside down U like a normal person. They can also abuse supports to make a house out of loose sand.

There's dozens of ways to cheat survival mode, in both TFC and vanilla. A certain amount of trust has to be afforded to the player, or it becomes unplayable. If you want to cheat, creative is right there - have fun

._. you spent the time making those tools heads and getting that sticks, so i don't really see a problem in going around with them, having them prepared for when you need them -although i don't think the tool heads should stack to 64 (as i think they do [a note in a note in a note :3])-... and the guys placing just 1 of each of vertical and horizantal supports could be called "cheaters" as well as "efficient", since that works for them out in the same way it works out for those who make the "n" structure for less materials. And the sand thing... well, that's new to me O.o i suppose it's going to be fixed in some point.

I'm not really against this things. I do believe that the only goal Notch has reached when creating minecraft -that is, if he had this goal- is the fact that it's a simple ruled game. You can do it? it's allowed then. This aspect is much more notorious in SSP, since you're alone in your world and you can do just what you want to in it. TFC, while it has changed and it's still gonna change many many aspects of th game, not only is leaving that aspect mostly untouched but it's being more supportive in it. It let us tech in the way we manage or want to; you can start with either of the tier 0 metals, following either of tier 1 metals... And it looks like it's gonna keep the things in this way. And anyone who has done it in a different way could say what you did is cheating -specially if the way they did was longer and harder-. Let's not forget, if those things were in fact cheating, why they are still there? Sure you could said this mod is in beta, but it's updated very oftenly, and i haven't seen any version of the mod with any way to cheat that hadn't a hot fix sometimes minutes later to eliminate the cheating.

Oh, and... i didn't mean that a annoying guy could take it, i meant that some guys would find very annoying to need to place the block, craft, take it up, place the block, craft, take it up... a little tedious :

._. you spent the time making those tools heads and getting that sticks, so i don't really see a problem in going around with them, having them

[...]

Oh, and... i didn't mean that a annoying guy could take it, i meant that some guys would find very annoying to need to place the block, craft, take it up, place the block, craft, take it up... a little tedious :

+1 on that

well... that's the point. You either have to tediously pick it up and put it down all over (if you're a ponce), or you could have to tediously go back and forth to your crafting area like a sensible person. Either way, you work for those infini-tools.

Buzhwaz, I stole one of your ideas. So this is basically, your idea. Hope you don't get mad.

THIEF!! STOP THIEF!!!

no, i don't care. i just want to see one of my ideas in TFC. and more support means more of a chance.

nice to get credit, though. that's mighty good-guy-greg of you.