Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GHOzzD

Why not remove shitty vanilla mobs? And magic.

141 posts in this topic

They are so fantastic and unrealistic. Let's make some real mobs, so the night and day will be practically same dangerous.

For example snakes, lions, alligators, scorpions. Forgive me if it was already offered. And remove magic, end, hell. It will be better if there was an glowing ore in caves, whetstone and poisons instead of enchanting. I hope you'll like it. Sorry for bad grammar, i'm Russian.

I agree with a lot and disagree with some. I think all hostile vanilla mobs except zombies and skeletons should be removed, and even those should be tweaked a lot. More hostile animals would be amazing, boars and aurochs and the like are confirmed.

I don't see why we need to be constrained to the Nether and End, either. The Nether is a kind of generic "Hell" type world and could be tweaked a whole lot to fit TFC. The End, on the other hand, isn't necessary at all as it's part of Minecraft's story/progression and should definitely be removed or come back as a completely different thing.

Magic(enchanting/brewing) will hopefully get completely rehauled eventually, as I wouldn't really want to see all fantastical elements removed from the game, just changing them or introducing suitable replacements is good enough.

I'm not positive that I agree with removing the vanilla hostiles. I would much rather see the combat on Jed's post become a reality. Also Bioxx himself said that there is room for the fantastical in terrafirma craft. He said it doesn't have to be historic so to speak. It is only supposed to make you feel that it could be real.

Maybe make something like primitive milenaire mod, change zombie texture to villager an make them spawn only in caves, so they will be more reasonable and more realistic. And make creeper much rare and destructive, so they will become real nightmare to players.And I hate that in night you can't do anything outside the house.

I agree. I like this new idea I just don't want the vanilla mobs to be removed. Drastically changed but not removed.

On one hand, and despite the fact that the Mo' creatures creator could get angry with us, i agree that most of vanilla mobs doesn't seem to fit in TFcraft, and that the ones you propose could be better.

On the other hand, this mod isn't about being exactly like the reality. It's about being believability, about including things that, being reality like or not, seem to be real. Things that work in a believable way. If you don't think so, please post a photo of a real life red steel sword.

The magic, as long as it's not extremely ridiculous, has a place in the mod; not as it is right now in vanilla minecraft, but in an overhauled way.

Also, and despite this mod is already a complete change respect of the game it modifies, don't forget this is all in minecraft, where players are already used to see this magic things like skeletons and creepers.

Enchatment system is stupid. Why we need 2 daimonds, 4 obsidian and book to sharp the sword? Easilly go to nearest rock and sharp it. Its really ridiculous. Something like setting mobs on fire is normal enchantment, i dont mind. But it will be better to make poisons, differeent for different mobs.

I can't get on board with this. I'm a massive fantasy geek and I think this would make me cry :P

TFC is based (losely) on Dwarf Fortress. So there is definitely a place for fantastical elements :)

In DF all fantasy moments are compensated by TONS OF REALISM AND HARDCORE. Everything is thought so much, that it makes believe you it's real.

It's not intresting to fight with mobs, combat system is casual and every fight is reduced to "run jump click" and only skeletons make challenge(not so much)

In DF all fantasy moments are compensated by TONS OF REALISM AND HARDCORE. Everything is thought so much, that it makes believe you it's real.

And I (personally) would love to see the same realism and hardcore brought to this game. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees, which is fine as I'm just happy to have this mod :P

Remember that Bioxx and his team haven't even touched the fantastical elements of the game yet. I have every faith they will turn them into balanced, believable and enjoyable parts of the game :)

Oh it's night, 2 o'clock and i will fall asleep in a moment. Will read it tomorrow, too much words.

Enchatment system is stupid. Why we need 2 daimonds, 4 obsidian and book to sharp the sword? Easilly go to nearest rock and sharp it. Its really ridiculous. Something like setting mobs on fire is normal enchantment, i dont mind. But it will be better to make poisons, differeent for different mobs.

We obviously aren't gonna use a vanilla system in a mod that overhauls minecraft almost completely -except superflat and creative wordls :P-. The same you say from the enchantment system, can be said from the vanilla potionering system -yeah, a melon slice with gold cooked with some water in which i cooked a fermented eye will surely regenerate me, of course- and the vanilla nether -nice idea, but it is very empty, and there's nothing down there that's really worth the travel and danger-. There are several threads which talk about changes and changes and changes to these areas of vanilla, in order to fit the mod. And Dunk has, in some of those threads, said what the TFC team was thinking about those areas, and in some others, said his own thoughs. In respect of the mobs, i'm not as sure as i'm with the other things.

EDIT: f*ck yeah, i'm a copper miner now! :D

Minecraft without creepers?

Go to your room and think about what you've done.

Minecraft without creepers?

Go to your room and think about what you've done.

There exist peaceful mode

There exist peaceful mode

Which exists for pussies, mega builds, and blaze farms.

We do like fantasy, but we're not into pulling shit out of our asses and letting you download it. So far, TFC has based most things in reality (and even what we made up, red and blue steel, are merely alloys of existing metals). We intend to add a fantasy component, but probably more along the lines of what has been told in stories and legends, no bullshit.

We intend to add a fantasy component, but probably more along the lines of what has been told in stories and legends, no bullshit.

Awesome. I will now be using this as a guideline for any suggestions regarding the "fantasy" elements of TFC :)

We do like fantasy, but we're not into pulling shit out of our asses and letting you download it. So far, TFC has based most things in reality (and even what we made up, red and blue steel, are merely alloys of existing metals). We intend to add a fantasy component, but probably more along the lines of what has been told in stories and legends, no bullshit.

Will we be seeing ridiculous things that don't fit the bill(like creepers, etc) just getting straight up cut from the mod?

Will we be seeing ridiculous things that don't fit the bill(like creepers, etc) just getting straight up cut from the mod?

you might, bioxx and I don't really like creepers, but as a symbol of minecraft, you can't really scrap them completely

I've disliked creepers from day 1 of vanilla, and zombies/skeletons are pretty boring. I'd like to see more unique creatures in TFC, if they have to be fantastical. I'd also be perfectly happy to see nothing but wolves, boars, bears etc. as hostile mobs. Interested to see what comes up. :)

I've disliked creepers from day 1 of vanilla, and zombies/skeletons are pretty boring. I'd like to see more unique creatures in TFC, if they have to be fantastical. I'd also be perfectly happy to see nothing but wolves, boars, bears etc. as hostile mobs. Interested to see what comes up. :)

Unique fantasy creatures are a struggle, a compromise would be to at least avoid overusing the well used tropes of the fantasy world (aka Skeletons, Zombies, Slimes and Goblins :P).

I don't much like creepers either, though they don't inspire my ire in the same way as endermen. They're like giant black beanstalks of disappointment :P

Unlike the rest of you, I actually think creepers are intresting. They pose a threat to your structures in a way that enderman really can't, plus, nobody knows what the fuck they are for sure. Not quite mysterious, but it's fun to guess at what they might really be.

It'll be nice to see the devs take on Creepers :)

What if we take creepers, skeletons, zombies, endermen, and giant spiders, and move them somewhere else?

Honestly, a randomly generating graveyard that has a chance of plaguing anyone who enters with hordes of tfe undead, but hiding treasure along with the deceased? Yes please. Naturally spawning surface caves home to hundreds of giant spiders, plus the boss (mother) of them all, and the reward for destroying her is a large dose of lethal poison and an end to the endless waves of spiders roaming your land. A strange dimension, perhaps but a dream where all of your greatest dreams come true, but all of your worst nightmares are hunting you out, ready to sneak up behind you and explode, or react violently to being seen. That is what I envision.