Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cevkiv

Tool repair

8 posts in this topic

This is the idea:

An ingot, while hot, may be placed on the anvil. A chisel will go in the plans slot. The chisel must be at least as hard (of the same tier or higher metal) as the ingot.

The ingot will then be cut into two "half ingots".

To repair an item, a heated half-ingot of the appropriate metal is welded to the damaged item. This renders an "unfinished _____", just as you get unfinished greaves, breastplates, etc.

The unfinished item is then worked on the anvil, EXACTLY THE SAME as an ingot would be worked to create the original item, including how perfectly you like up those markers affecting final durability.

When you are done, you have a repaired metal tool.

Since this mod is supposed to be about wise use of resources, it would add some depth to it if instead of just using an item up until it disappears, you save damaged items to reforge them, to save metals.

Alternatively, once the durability on an item runs out, it could become a "damaged ______", and no longer function as a tool until it is repaired.

I apologize if this has been suggested before,.

I doubly apologize and will stop drinking before 10 AM if it has been suggested before by me.

The first one you show was about recicling tools, no repairing them, Bedgar. Almost the opposite XD

But yeah, this was suggested before. Although i think you did it in pretty different way, but yet not different enaff for it needing a new post.

bioxx says this is a no-go.

bioxx says this is a no-go.

Would that happen to be because it would add a crap ton of items and there's not enough IDs?

doubtful, the ID limit has been raised, we're currently only limited by blockIDs and even that will be raised with the next vanilla update if I am remembering correctly.

Would that happen to be because it would add a crap ton of items and there's not enough IDs?

no, he feels it breaks the system a bit. :/ sorry

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0