Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mvdhoning

players inventory size too large?

14 posts in this topic

With the chest being smaller (of what i now am used to) the players inventory feels way to large now being the size of three chests.

Can the players inventory be made smaller too? Like the size of one chest or better to be the hotbar only?

Totally missed your thread.

Seems very similar, though i did not think of backpacks. But adding backpacks seem to complicate things in order to get back to more slots after limiting them in the first place.

Maybe a backpack can be thought of as a portable chest that you have to place first as a block to get to its contents. And limit the number of backpack allowed in inventory to only one?

Can a mod merge our 2 threads if that is ok with you jed1314?

Of course man, that would be no problem (I don't even know what it would entail :P)

When will you people be satisfied? When we only have the gods-forsaken hotbar as our inventory?

When will you people be satisfied? When we only have the gods-forsaken hotbar as our inventory?

When you only have one inventory slot, and you need to carry a walking stick or you can't move !!!

But on a more serious note, I would like to see a scalability in storage and inventory. I think by the time you hit the higher tier metals, you have earned the right to a totally imba inventory/storage method. What I really want to see is more challenge shifted to early game inventory management, with that feature losing focus as you become more "powerful", so to speak.

I even considered adding a fourth tier of backpack to my suggestion, in the vein of classic fantasy "bottomless" bags, which would be enchanted and would have the same inventory as the current player does.

I think people misunderstand the aim of these suggestions. I don't want the whole progression through all the tiers of metal to be challenging on the same fronts. I want the game challenges to change as you progress through the game. Inventory management and basic survival are priorities in the beginning, as you progress, the challenge is to bring more stability to your world. Towards the end, it would be to thrive and travel to new dimesnions, in search of even greater challenges and rewards.

"survive, sustain, progress" so to speak :)

When you only have one inventory slot, and you need to carry a walking stick or you can't move !!!

But on a more serious note, I would like to see a scalability in storage and inventory. I think by the time you hit the higher tier metals, you have earned the right to a totally imba inventory/storage method. What I really want to see is more challenge shifted to early game inventory management, with that feature losing focus as you become more "powerful", so to speak.

I even considered adding a fourth tier of backpack to my suggestion, in the vein of classic fantasy "bottomless" bags, which would be enchanted and would have the same inventory as the current player does.

I think people misunderstand the aim of these suggestions. I don't want the whole progression through all the tiers of metal to be challenging on the same fronts. I want the game challenges to change as you progress through the game. Inventory management and basic survival are priorities in the beginning, as you progress, the challenge is to bring more stability to your world. Towards the end, it would be to thrive and travel to new dimesnions, in search of even greater challenges and rewards.

"survive, sustain, progress" so to speak :)

Just don't throw your level 4 bag of holding into a portable hole.

I forget what happens.

Do you get shunted to the Astral Plane when you put the back of holding in the portable hole? Or is it when you put the portable hole in the bag of holding?

And which one causes the explosion?

Nicely done good sir !

I'm sorely tempted to add that as a suggestion for travel to a dimesion, but I will restrain myself :P

I'm trying hard not to post an idea I have on enchantment as it is :S :L

I forget what happens.

Do you get shunted to the Astral Plane when you put the back of holding in the portable hole? Or is it when you put the portable hole in the bag of holding?

And which one causes the explosion?

I believe putting the hole in the bag opens an astral gate which sucks in characters/monsters within a certain radius, whereas doing the opposite open an astral rift. I don't know if the second one is accompanied by an explosion, but I'm sure Eternal will :P

I believe putting the hole in the bag opens an astral gate which sucks in characters/monsters within a certain radius, whereas doing the opposite open an astral rift. I don't know if the second one is accompanied by an explosion, but I'm sure Eternal will :P

There's a trick where you rig up a ballista bolt (people say an arrow, but I honestly don't think you could do it with an arrow) with a special head, wherein is held open a bag of holding,

Actually, let me get a picture

Here you go. Answers my question, too

Posted Image

-snip-

God, I love DnD :P Some of the stuff people come up with is just .. wonderful :L

Wow.... that's... that's a really handy weapon.

Not to mention an expensive one

But when you're a level 17 wizard with a pair of green dragon head trophies mounted on your tower walls, I guess you can eat breakfast out of bags of holding if it so pleases you

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0