Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Clanf

Sluice problem

29 posts in this topic

I'm getting incredibly frustrated because I can't make these damn sluices work for me. Do they have to be placed in a river biome or is that just for panning? I finally got a sluice to put down and the water just runs over the top of it like it's a dirt block or something, any help at all in how to set it up?

I'm getting incredibly frustrated because I can't make these damn sluices work for me. Do they have to be placed in a river biome or is that just for panning? I finally got a sluice to put down and the water just runs over the top of it like it's a dirt block or something, any help at all in how to set it up?

I've setup one just in a forest biome, with no river biome near by (that I'm aware of).

Could you post a screen shot of what your trying to do, so we might be able to see whats wrong. http://imgur.com/ is a good website for that.

But the basics is that you need to carve out the dirt, by the water source, until it stops flowing. then dig down one more level for 2 blocks, then dig down once more. Stand in the flowing water, and place the sluice in the 2 deep area, and the water will flow off that into the last dug hole.

On the side of the 2x1 area for the Sluice, there must be blocks holding it.

Below is a image of a sluice and a area suitable for a sluice.

When placing it, you must be upstream.

http://i.imgur.com/qe0Jq.png

Here's what I've figured out with sluices so far. I've made a few pictures so it's easier to follow (hopefully...):

Recipie:

Posted Image

Can use any kind of planks, but they can't be the plank blocks

Digging sluice area:

Posted Image

The dark blue is a source water block. The lighter blue is just the flow from the source block. The brownish is the sluice, and the lightest blue is a pit that will autofill with water once the setup is complete, but has to be dug out. This is how it has to be made for the sluice to have water go over it and work. If you want to run multiple sluices, you must put a wall between them i.e. they can't be directly next to each other. Given the lack of pickaxes at the begining of the game, you will probably have to start out with building these out into the water instead of right on the edge or onto the shore.

To place the sluice:

Posted Image

Going by my previous picture, I'm standing on top of the 4th block from the left (the last flowing water block) facing away from the source water. The crosshair is where you aim to place. Presto, sluice-o.

Salvantos and GCountach, you guys are my bloody heroes of the month for the diagram and descriptions. Thank you for your help. The problem I was having was if you don't have the last block at the end dug out(Light blue/teal on Gcountach's diagram) it won't work. Ex.

Posted Image

So when you do dig it out for room for the little end pool to make itself, it works. Ex.

Posted Image

Once again, thanks for the help.