Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buzhwaz

What Am I Gonna Do With You?

34 posts in this topic

so i have lots of items backing up in my inventory that i need to do something with. here are some thoughts...

ROTTEN FLESH

keeping rotten flesh in my chests is so unsanitary! what can i do?

1. add the bone skipper fly. what the crap is that, you ask. it's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyreophora_cynophila it's a fly that feeds on rotten flesh and it has a luminous head. let's say you are lost in the hills at night, all you do is just whip out some rotten flesh and soon a swarm of bone skipper flies surrounds you. they feed on the stack of rotten flesh you have at a rate of 1 every 2 seconds. while they do, their heads glow and you can see for several blocks around you. now you have a little light as you make your way back to safety.

2. frankenstein, baby! nine rotten flesh craft a limb. 5 limbs plus a chestplate crafts a zombie that will fight for me!

BONES

i got so many bones in my box, i'm about to blow my stack. and, no, that is NOT an innuendo, perverts!

1. craft a decoy. eight bones and a sword craft a decoy which can be placed in the world. within the decoys radius, mobs attack the decoy rather than the player. decoy can be collected and reused, but it's health does not replenish. decoy does not work against skeletons. creepers explosions dislodge it (making it collectable) rather than destroy it.

2. use bones as creepy primitive decor. several bones could craft a building block that looks like a scary temple of doom bone collage thing. or it could be a non-threatening flintstones type thing. whichever floats your bone.

ROCKS

if rocks were money, i'd be the 1%. couple of suggestions...

1. throwing them. simple action that already has an animation. add a little damage and/or knockback. maybe rocks can knock leaves out of trees, too.

2. add a rock tumbler, which is a machine that polishes rock. 9 polished rocks will make a slab of stone that can be crafted into a sculpture (which would work like the paintings in vanilla mc). other recipes might craft the polished rock into unique building mats, like columns or arches.

DIRT

only one suggestion here. so it's open for lots of great ideas.

1. mud. 3 dirt blocks plus a water bucket makes a mud block. you can build with mud blocks without them falling. they grow grass on all sides. for making houses or topiaries. they may also have the same properties as an irrigated block and can grow wheat.

So many balance issues here, but a solid and interesting base.

I believe this idea can be fixed

...too tired now tho x_x

work = murder

Feed rotten flesh to bears to keep them friendly, that is if bears like rotten flesh.

human flesh dosent actually taste good to animals...

Throwable rocks sounds intresting.

Need to hit somthing far away? OK, pick up that lump of granite, and pitch it at the creeper.

Well done, you just invented mankinds earlyest form of ranged weaponry!

Now start running, that creeper looks pretty mad.

Converting a number of bones and string into a bone support block would be hilerious if impractical. (temple of doom held up by bones)

well bones were used as tools, weapons. theve been strung together and used as armor,(better than leather) used in construction (unholy chinese temples) so maybe bioxx can ad a block made of bones?

Throwable rocks should have a short charge-up rate, to compensate for their low damage (1/2 - 1 heart)

2. add a rock tumbler, which is a machine that polishes rock. 9 polished rocks will make a slab of stone that can be crafted into a sculpture (which would work like the paintings in vanilla mc). other recipes might craft the polished rock into unique building mats, like columns or arches

this is already executed by chisel, so Bioxx probably won't take it into consideration in the nearest future. But I like the idea, because placing pre-produced block sounds better than tearing off instantly layers of solid stone by chisel. And making smooth stones by r-click on stone when we can reach only one side of it is quite ridiculous :) And the best - breaking smooth stone with pickaxe gives... perfect smoothstone (which already is necessary because of previous).

Rock tumbler could also change solid stone blocks into smooth stone. I have also idea of making stone bricks this way - polishing rocks gives bricks, bricks (when placed) create brick wall, just like placing rocks gives cobblestone block. Also, there can be 'stonework table' that acts like rock tumbler, but it uses chisels and hammer just like anvil uses hammer (to let chisel stay in use, and to have some cost of working with stone in using-up tools).

Also, it'll be good idea to introduce masonry mortar - TFC is one step from creating lime mortar (http://en.wikipedia....iki/Lime_mortar), because it's created from lime (made from burning limestone), sand and water. To let player use more types of rocks, it could be possible to use flux instead of only limestone. There can be also two steps more - burning flux to obtain lime (maybe something similiar to charcoal pit ?), and creating structure for making mortar (e.g. similiar to bloomery, or just simple pit in stone).

Normal brick blocks would be affected by gravity, but when player uses mortar on brick block, it don't fall. Also, game can enforce some complication just like impossibility of laying mortar on bricks that have any solid block directly above them, or time needed for mortar to dry and set (supportive beams needed temporary as scaffolding). And we came to building overhaul :)

(I know that there's topic about BO http://terrafirmacra...ilding-overhaul but it ended in discussion about redstone-related and other mods 1.5 months ago, so I write here)

My suggestion to dirt - it's currently perfectly stackable (64), but this is not realistic (every block is 1 m^3), although very playable. It could be very TFC-iike (making things more realistic and harder for fun) to limit dirt stacking (for example, to 8), forbid keeping dirt in boxes (box is only 2 m^3), and also forbid throwing out dirt from inventory as items (only way to remove it from inventory would to place it as a block, or to die ;p ). To complicate thing more, let's make dirt automatically picked up when digged (so player can't leave dirt item until it dissappear) or to be displaced (when player digs one block it appears somewhere aside, is just displaced). Also, collecting dirt would need a bag (made from skin or weave). Shovel could have modes like chisel, to choose between collecting and displacing.

This is just an general idea and it would make another part of game incredibly hard compared to vanilla, but isn't TFC already complicated ? I wonder what vanilla player thinks, when sees the b47 with no stone picks, chests 3x smaller and animals growing up for in-game months ;p

My suggestion to dirt - it's currently perfectly stackable (64), but this is not realistic (every block is 1 m^3), although very playable. It could be very TFC-iike (making things more realistic and harder for fun) to limit dirt stacking (for example, to 8), forbid keeping dirt in boxes (box is only 2 m^3), and also forbid throwing out dirt from inventory as items (only way to remove it from inventory would to place it as a block, or to die ;p ). To complicate thing more, let's make dirt automatically picked up when digged (so player can't leave dirt item until it dissappear) or to be displaced (when player digs one block it appears somewhere aside, is just displaced). Also, collecting dirt would need a bag (made from skin or weave). Shovel could have modes like chisel, to choose between collecting and displacing.

This is just an general idea and it would make another part of game incredibly hard compared to vanilla, but isn't TFC already complicated ? I wonder what vanilla player thinks, when sees the b47 with no stone picks, chests 3x smaller and animals growing up for in-game months ;p

That doesn't sound like much fun at all .. We would end up with huge dirt piles ruining out landscape :P

This would just add tedium to the (already tedious) process of digging up dirt :S

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

i have an eye on you

Why not? Pig flesh tastes fine to animals, and humans taste just like pork

I'm calling bullshit. Usually, carnivores don't produce the best tasting meat, it's often why most predators eat herbivores. But humans are just like anyother animal (with bigger brains though). We probably don't taste much different from monkeys, and bush meat is quite popular in some parts of Africa. yech.

Terrafirmacraft forums

Teaching you why your parents didn't want to buy you a lion.

Terrafirmacraft forums

Teaching you why your parents didn't wanted to buy you a lion.

And here's another quote for my signature...

PS it's want, not wanted, in this form, Guy. ;)

I'm happy to add yet anoither thing to your signature :P

And thanks for that :3 you guys have helped me to own my english teacher every single class day XD

I'm happy to add yet anoither thing to your signature :P

And thanks for that :3 you guys have helped to own my english teacher every single class day XD

I think you meant to say "helped me to own". Not trying to be a grammer nazi, just trying to decipher what you said.

And cheers, man! gald we could help. Although, you might pick up a lot of colloquiallisms and slang terms from us. Just be careful about what you say... ;)

wtf? i thought that's what i writed .__.

I do make mistakes when talking in english*, but that doesn't means i don't know what colloquiallisms you are talking about... in fact, those are the first ones anyone learns here, just for joking with your friends :3

EDIT: *or, in this case, writing in english :3

wtf? i thought that's what i writed .__.

-snip-

Past tense of "Write" is "Wrote".

And about the colloquialisms, I was just joking with you, man. :)

that doesn't means mean i don't know

you don't need the 's' there

huys, don't try to correct me right now, i'm tired and i don't think i'm gonna wirte anything righ

jus sayin :

huys, don't try to correct me right now, i'm tired and i don't think i'm gonna wirte anything righ

jus sayin :

ah, k

hmm, i don't really like the ideas for the rotten flesh, i mean you could just as easily hold a torch to get some light and 'crafting' a zombie doesn't seem like it'd fit in TFC, i do agree that we need a better use for them though, maybe purifying the rotten meat in some way and then use it as animal fodder? (for your army of dancing wolves and bears on unicycles ^^)

as for the bones: sound like some nice ideas, but maybe add that you could also give bones to your wolves?

the polished rock idea is a bit obsolete, you can use a chisel to smooth blocks for other textures, you can use a chisel on rocks to make bricks (which can also be used in sculpting if i'm correct, sorry haven't been sculpting that much xP)

as for using mud as a building material, it could be nice, making a secret base out of mud so grass will grow over it and cover it up, or just plainly making some kind of hippie hut with it :3

I'm calling bullshit. Usually, carnivores don't produce the best tasting meat, it's often why most predators eat herbivores. But humans are just like anyother animal (with bigger brains though). We probably don't taste much different from monkeys, and bush meat is quite popular in some parts of Africa. yech.

firstly: since humans are omnivores i suppose you could consider us 'half-carnivore, half-herbivore') so following your explanation we'd taste half-bad :3

well, i got an.. 'inside scoop' on this one, both my parents work in a hospital, human flesh seems to smell like rotten pork when it's starting to decompose and apparently it also smells like rotten pork when it's burned.

As for taste, i don't think either of them has ever tried eating one of their patients and i'm not that tempted to eat something that smells like rotten pork (just sayan ^^)

as for tasting like monkeys, i think you need to think about our respective 'diets', most monkeys eat insects and plants but other than insects most don't or barely eat any meat. humans on the other hand eat a lot of different sorts of meat and rarely eat insects (well most of us don't eat insects ^^) so based on what we eat i don't think we'd taste like monkeys ^^ (as for how we would taste... i really don't know, maybe pork, since when we rot/get severely burned we smell like it)

P.S. my dad is the lead nurse on the intensive care so i suppose he has had enough opportunities to smell rotten/severely burned human flesh (too bad for him that there is no male version of 'nurse' in english xP) oh and yes, sometimes parts of the human body can start to decompose while the person is still alive, this is only in heavy cases though. IDK, getting hit by a bus and having a limb almost completely severed?

P.P.S. damn this post started getting a bit morbid...

hmm, i don't really like the ideas for the rotten flesh, i mean you could just as easily hold a torch to get some light and 'crafting' a zombie doesn't seem like it'd fit in TFC, i do agree that we need a better use for them though, maybe purifying the rotten meat in some way and then use it as animal fodder? (for your army of dancing wolves and bears on unicycles ^^)

as for the bones: sound like some nice ideas, but maybe add that you could also give bones to your wolves?

the polished rock idea is a bit obsolete, you can use a chisel to smooth blocks for other textures, you can use a chisel on rocks to make bricks (which can also be used in sculpting if i'm correct, sorry haven't been sculpting that much xP)

as for using mud as a building material, it could be nice, making a secret base out of mud so grass will grow over it and cover it up, or just plainly making some kind of hippie hut with it :3

firstly: since humans are omnivores i suppose you could consider us 'half-carnivore, half-herbivore') so following your explanation we'd taste half-bad :3

well, i got an.. 'inside scoop' on this one, both my parents work in a hospital, human flesh seems to smell like rotten pork when it's starting to decompose and apparently it also smells like rotten pork when it's burned.

As for taste, i don't think either of them has ever tried eating one of their patients and i'm not that tempted to eat something that smells like rotten pork (just sayan ^^)

as for tasting like monkeys, i think you need to think about our respective 'diets', most monkeys eat insects and plants but other than insects most don't or barely eat any meat. humans on the other hand eat a lot of different sorts of meat and rarely eat insects (well most of us don't eat insects ^^) so based on what we eat i don't think we'd taste like monkeys ^^ (as for how we would taste... i really don't know, maybe pork, since when we rot/get severely burned we smell like it)

P.S. my dad is the lead nurse on the intensive care so i suppose he has had enough opportunities to smell rotten/severely burned human flesh (too bad for him that there is no male version of 'nurse' in english xP) oh and yes, sometimes parts of the human body can start to decompose while the person is still alive, this is only in heavy cases though. IDK, getting hit by a bus and having a limb almost completely severed?

P.P.S. damn this post started getting a bit morbid...

pigs are omivores as well.

Are we walking primitive human or modern human? Modern humans have a number of weird factors, from being fatter than our primitive versions simply due to proper nutrition, to all the processed crap we eat that may mess with some tastes. Either way I know sharks don't like human meat and will generally stop when they get one bite in.

Humans taste like pork. Salty pork. Don't ask how I know this. I'm an Anthropologist.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0