Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cevkiv

Small Ore Chunks should heat faster

10 posts in this topic

If they're smaller than regular chunks of ore, so that they give one quarter the amount of metal, they should heat four times as fast, since the volume being heated is smaller.

i'll agree on this somewhat honestly, also would be nice if we at least had programmer textures for them.

Posted Image

this is a bit too applicable to the ore pieces at current, not asking for anything fancy, just a red ecks to know that it's there or that you're holding it would be nice though.

-snip-

They do have a texture ?

Have you updated your resources yet ?

If they're smaller than regular chunks of ore, so that they give one quarter the amount of metal, they should heat four times as fast, since the volume being heated is smaller.

This. It is probably my one gripe with this update :P That said, I think Bioxx wants to keep us in the stone age for longer, so maybe it was intentional :L

They do have a texture ?

Have you updated your resources yet ?

apparently not, thanks for pointing it out, i can't tell you how many times i chased shadows around my house when i dropped those on accident XD

Agreed so so much on this. I just made my first ingot from small bits of ore I found and the first thing I did was make a chisel. Screw melting those things in a fire. Think I spent 3 in-game days for just ONE ingot. What is that, an hour? That seems like too long a time when I read it, but it was certainly a while.

yeah agreed there, i think though, if they're an easy source of metal too much then we may have people living off them entirely, hell shameful as it is to say, i haven't yet got ore from underground, but i'm only up to spring or so at most.

i think the return on them is pretty balanced though honestly, i just checked out of curiosity and in total i've got less than 5 ingots from the small pieces, the time they take is a bit much though.

It would also be nice if they used less charcoal in a bloomery. I just managed to get mine running and they still use 1:1 of charcoal to small ore, despite the far less return in the mold.

i agree with this as well.

1. it would be nice to smelt 5 bismuth nuggets and not burn a stack of coal in about 1 min

2. nugget texture for nugget ore FTW!

3. this mod needs pie

4. i learned 10 nuggets = 1 ingot

+1, i hate how smelting a small ore takes as long to smelt as a large ore.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0