Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EstebanLB

Get rid of most of the instacrafting recipes.(woodworking GUI)

11 posts in this topic

I love how the knapping GUI allows the mod to craft 4 different tools with the same recipe, the smithing of ingots, the smelting of ores, the torch making and such.

So I thought that this could be extended to most of the crafting part of the game(if Bioxx haven't already planned on incorporating it). For example to craft bowls out of a log with a knife (like this user stated in this post) using a wood carving GUI.

We can also use it to create the planks and the support beams by combining an axe or a saw with only one log and then open the GUI to cut the wood in the proper shape. Right now if I want 2 V support beams and 2 H support beams I need 4 logs and will get a lot of leftovers, or if I want a lot of them, I can mass shift+click them to fill my inventory. You can't do that anymore with the tools or the torches.

The same goes with all the wood items like wooden slabs, doors and stairs, ladders, boats, fences, trapdoors and sluice boxes, but if carpentry is going to be added I would wait to see where it's going before thinking more about it

same should go for leather armor. The crafting table should be reduced to something that will only be used for assembly.

same should go for leather armor. The crafting table should be reduced to something that will only be used for assembly.

If even used at all

If even used at all

i think it should still be used in the assembly of things like soup.

Those things could be assembled in the personal crafting grid if they were made shapeless. but yeah, i just remembered the existance of the bloomery, the chests, the metallurgy table and the anvil. Whoops :P

Those things could be assembled in the personal crafting grid if they were made shapeless. but yeah, i just remembered the existance of the bloomery, the chests, the metallurgy table and the anvil. Whoops :P

but i think putting things together on a work table makes so much more sense than mashing them together with your hands

but i think putting things together on a work table makes so much more sense than mashing them together with your hands

Definitely in some contexts, such as the scribing table, but soup should probably be hand assembled :P

Definitely in some contexts, such as the scribing table, but soup should probably be hand assembled :P

What do you mean? I always make vegetable soup by smashing vegetables with a hammer and then immersing them in a wooden bucket of water for a few seconds. Mmm, delicious! :D

What do you mean? I always make vegetable soup by smashing vegetables with a hammer and then immersing them in a wooden bucket of water for a few seconds. Mmm, delicious! :D

Well yes, I mean, I cook my steaks in a charcoal powered forge with no grill or intermediate between the coals and my beef. Coincidentally, I also only eat beef.. Ever ¬.¬

I can't wait till Bioxx overhauls this ridiculous cooking system ! :P

Well yes, I mean, I cook my steaks in a charcoal powered forge with no grill or intermediate between the coals and my beef. Coincidentally, I also only eat beef.. Ever ¬.¬

I can't wait till Bioxx overhauls this ridiculous cooking system ! :P

I always wondered where the grill marks on the steak came from...

I always wondered where the grill marks on the steak came from...

two words: "Vanilla Magic"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0