Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
linuxas

Haunted mines with treasures

3 posts in this topic

So my idea is to bring back mines and add some scary stuff in them.

Mines should be from 1 to 5 layers thick, like one tunnel which descends into other layer. In the mine there would be vertical and horizontal supports like:

XXXXXX

XooooX

XooooX

X= supports

o= air

In the mines should be 3 types of storage rooms, connected with railways with surface. First type of room would be with mining supplies, like helmets, pickaxes, shovels, supports, some logs and sticks (because torches shouldn't be lit forever in chest). Second room would contain minecarts, some rails and storage carts. And third room would be largest. It should have forge, bloomery, hammers, anvils, and quite a lot of metals.

There would be three types of mines. First one in a cliff of the mountain with warning signs, second buried underground with cave-in signs, third collapsed mine in a cliff.

Now about haunted stuff.

There would be 5 types of ghost.

1st type:

Shady figure which appears and disappears at 0-3 ligh level and can be sighted in first type of mine.

2nd type:

Brighter figure which makes scary but silent noises and rarely appears. It can be sighted in every mine at 0-5 light level. Hearing those noises 5mins wiil get you first type of headache. In first type of headache you will suffer 1 sec blindness every 5 minutes (real time).

3rd type:

Gray ghost which puts out torches. It can be sighted in third and rarely in first type of mine at 0-8 level and at max level for 2 seconds.

4th type:

Glowing at 5 light level ghost which makes louder noise, time to time puts out torches. This type of ghost will give you second type of headache. 2 seconds blindness every 3 mins. It can be sighted in second and rarely in third type of mine at 0-10 light level.

And 5th type:

Bright glowing ghost which makes loud noises, puts out torches, and sometimes hurt player. It would give you third type of headache which make you move slower, a bit dizzy, and get blind for 3 seconds every 2 mins.

Seeing a ghost will give you scare effect for 10 seconds, which makes you move faster, but the more times and more powerfull ghost you see the more headache you get. Seeing a lot of ghost will give you 4th type of headache - blindness for 1 second every 30 seconds and half hearth damage every 10 seconds.

Seeing sunlight will cure this effects and burn ghosts.

Now about metals in mines , there would be few sectors with ore veins. Those sectors would be started to mine, collapsed or closed because of ghosts.

You can choose if you want to risk to get tons materials or mine in old way.

Sorry for long post. :ph34r:

Or... y'know... not.

The scary spooky stuff in TFC should be reserved for an alternate realm, like Jed's 'Lament'

and if it MUST be in the overworld, it should at least have some measure of subtlety, not just 'ghosts' that put out torches and scream. That's like calling Dead Space scary, which is just sad.

If you absolutely MUST add a haunted feel to generated mines, randomly have the falling dirt sound play from a few blocks away in a random direction. Cause random very small caveins at a certain minimum distance from the player. Force lighting glitches at certain points. Have the players walking sound rarely play when the player isn't moving.

The word to shoot for is 'subtle', not 'BOO'

Those sound more annoying than scary. most of them aren't even malicious, so you could just ignore them and keep moving.