Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buzhwaz

Balanced Diet

72 posts in this topic

He said that Continents would form, and then mountains valleys and plains, so my logical conclusion was tectonic interaction and shifts creating these things.

He said that Continents would form, and then mountains valleys and plains, so my logical conclusion was tectonic interaction and shifts creating these things.

don't assume too much. Tectonics would be harder to program than making land masses form larger, and creating large "river" areas (essentially a HUGE, winding, wide section of land that get's converted into realistic looking mountains, no plateaus, mostly rocky sides with peaks)

Ah...

Programming a system of plate tectonics would be a nightmare I presume :P :P

I think it will be similar to DF's own terrain generation right ?

off topic..but oh well, this thread left there a long time ago...much to my happiness. ok.. here's something for very, very, very far into the future....of SPACE!!!

if this world generator thing can be pulled off...you could eventually add world-gen parameters that would also construct the elemental make up of the land, air and water (not H2O rivers, but He3C; not an oxygen atmosphere, but neon), thereby creating an entirely new type of planetoid every time. they wouldn't be just earth-esque.

it would be more of a terra firma intergalactica kind of mod. mod backstory: you crash land on an uncharted planetoid and must escape by building a new spaceship out of the planet's resources.

all kinds of different parameters could come into play for this...how far the planet is from its sun...how many suns or moons it has...rotation speed...etc. you could also have flora and fauna spawn with evolutionary features suited to the planet...generating totally unique lifeforms.

if there are some fine young programmers out there that want to take a stab at this, i would love to play that mod.

That's.. highly highly unlikely in TFC, but maybe in something different...

First of all... spaceships? this is a medieval mod, i love the idea of more varied generations, but no spaceships please.

not for tfc per se. just as another mod type that would use the world gen that tfc has in mind. that's why i asked for another team of programmers to make it.

terra firma intergalactica

Well considering that 'terra' is latin for Earth...

we'd have to change the name of the mod.

And no.

He3C

... *Twicht* I think that may be impossible, since He is an inert element which can not, unless under rare conditions, form compounds...

And... all of my no :

Hey guys, brand new on the forum, but I've been a TFC player for some time and I love it.

Dunk, I don't know if you've seen anything by ScottKillen, but he's been working on coding for a few months at least to accomplish something similar with a mod called IntelligentTerrain. Not in the sense of application to TFC, but just better worldgen.

The plan is to eliminate the biome system entirely and replace it with a climate/altitude generation system. I don't know if anything in the mod will be applicable to TFC, since he does his modding for Minecraft Forge, but it could be worth a look once he releases an alpha version or something. Especially since pretty much all of his coding is open-source.

More on-topic, I love the idea of needing to vary my diet.

off topic..but oh well, this thread left there a long time ago...much to my happiness. ok.. here's something for very, very, very far into the future....of SPACE!!!

if this world generator thing can be pulled off...you could eventually add world-gen parameters that would also construct the elemental make up of the land, air and water (not H2O rivers, but He3C; not an oxygen atmosphere, but neon), thereby creating an entirely new type of planetoid every time. they wouldn't be just earth-esque.

it would be more of a terra firma intergalactica kind of mod. mod backstory: you crash land on an uncharted planetoid and must escape by building a new spaceship out of the planet's resources.

all kinds of different parameters could come into play for this...how far the planet is from its sun...how many suns or moons it has...rotation speed...etc. you could also have flora and fauna spawn with evolutionary features suited to the planet...generating totally unique lifeforms.

if there are some fine young programmers out there that want to take a stab at this, i would love to play that mod.

This will not make it into TFC, under any circumstances. But I wouldn't mind playing it as an entirely different mod (although I'd make a few changes lol)

what are your thoughts guys?

...how the fuck did balancing your diet turn into space?

Posted Image

This will not make it into TFC, under any circumstances. But I wouldn't mind playing it as an entirely different mod (although I'd make a few changes lol)

what are your thoughts guys?

I think he might be onto something, not nearly as extreem, but perhaps like a planet/seed with a chronically hot and arid equator, with only the far southern and northern poles would be cool, the converse is possible. Same goes for the mineral balance of the seed, one seed could be a metalloid planet with abundent metal, but very little viable dirt, or plants, Again the opposite would be cool as well. but a gen system that could add other layers like tons of valleys with lava flowing through them. the changes wouldn't even have to be that big, even changes in color (ie a red sky, with green water) The fauna and flora changing would be more difficult in my opinion, but i think an expansion (complexity wise) of your lunar sized earth generation plan would be interesting, and it could be either selected randomly, or changed like toggling flatmode in vanilla. it would certainly open more challenges to the player. But as undeath said... this thread is offtopic, if this maintains any interest, i suggest making a separate thread for it.

I think he might be onto something, not nearly as extreem, but perhaps like a planet/seed with a chronically hot and arid equator, with only the far southern and northern poles would be cool, the converse is possible. Same goes for the mineral balance of the seed, one seed could be a metalloid planet with abundent metal, but very little viable dirt, or plants, Again the opposite would be cool as well. but a gen system that could add other layers like tons of valleys with lava flowing through them. the changes wouldn't even have to be that big, even changes in color (ie a red sky, with green water) The fauna and flora changing would be more difficult in my opinion, but i think an expansion (complexity wise) of your lunar sized earth generation plan would be interesting, and it could be either selected randomly, or changed like toggling flatmode in vanilla. it would certainly open more challenges to the player. But as undeath said... this thread is offtopic, if this maintains any interest, i suggest making a separate thread for it.

no, no it's fine. just wondering.

I wouldn't mind playing it as an entirely different mod

yes! thank you, dunk. thats what i was getting at. i know tfc is something else completely. but using its world generator might make a string of really neat mods that have nothing to do with tfc.

and i just thought it was a small idea at the end of a long thread that had already derailed. but if it's worth making a new thread, it would almost certainly have to include dunk's awesome intel post to make sense as to why it would be on this forum at all.

plus, i think dunk's post made a lot of suggestions across the whole forum obsolete. i still think my food groups idea is solid...but if the world gen works like they want it to, food groups might not even matter.

anyway...i would still love for a programmer to make the intergalactica mod.

food doesnt heal (except for golden apples), steve naturally recovers health when he is well nourished.

Well nourished and strong immune system really help in recovering fast.

Indeed please search for your ideas beforehand in the search bar that way we don't have to read the same idea over and over.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

another food idea. how about a multi-leveled food system rather than the one-food-fits-all approach?

the system would just use the five food groups: fruit, vegetables, grain, protein, and dairy. http://www.cdc.gov/n...foodgroups.html

each group would have its own stat which would diminish over time; and you must provide the right food to satiate it.

the foods are also connected to your performance in game. for example...

low fruit (or sugars) affects your speed, and you walk slower.

low vegetables affect your intelligence and it lengthens cook times in the firepits and forges.

low grain affects your dexterity and you get smaller yield when chopping trees or sawing planks.

low protein affects your strength and you get a debuff to mining.

low dairy affects your constitution and you take more damage in combat.

a couple of other things could change too...

*add lots of wild berries and nuts and other foods that require foraging. right now, these could be drops from tree branches and grass.

*all food (cooked or uncooked) rots over time. that is, unless it's meat which has been cured by storing it in a barrel of salt or smoked in a charcoal pit. also, if you keep too much rotten flesh in your camp or on your person, it will attract unfriendly mobs.

It's a fantastic idea but surviving in a new world will become a bit hard that way...

Everyway I like the idea.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0