Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bugmenot2

installation compatability issues EDIT

11 posts in this topic

Hello again!

Since I could not edit my previous topic, nor start a new one on the same account, here I am once again: bugmenot2. I would simply like to add that I find it strange that there is a long and difficult installation progress where you have to dig through all the mod pages to find the version compatible with the (unknown) version of minecraft that terrafirmacraft is compatible with. Personally, I have done this progress over and over around five times before I finally got it to work. Since it's all based on the same version of minecraft anyway, you might as well just let us download an all in one minecraft.jar with all the needed mods in it. If there are legal issues with this, you could ask permission from the mod hosters to put all the mods in one file simply to be included all at once into the minecraft.jar. If your goal was to make it as hard as possible to install your mod, you have succeeded.

You know that you will be ignored or blocked, right?

You know that you will be ignored or blocked, right?

I don't see why. I was just trying to edit my topic when a bug came up that stopped me from editing my topic (not my fault!). For all I care moderaters can move this into the other topic. Already got replies too.

their mod installs exactly like all other jar mods, it is technically illegal for them (or anybody else for that matter) to provide a pre-modded jar for you.

their mod installs exactly like all other jar mods, it is technically illegal for them (or anybody else for that matter) to provide a pre-modded jar for you.

What he said.

The only thing you have to be aware of is the simple order

Forge 152

Player API

TFC

TFC rescorces

How the hell is that hard? Get clean version of 1.2.5 and there should be no problem, if t and here is reinstall delete the config folder.

The only thing you have to be aware of is the simple order

Forge 152

Player API

TFC

TFC rescorces

How the hell is that hard? Get clean version of 1.2.5 and there should be no problem, if t and here is reinstall delete the config folder.

It's hard because it doesn't say anywhere that you need 1.2.5, how to get that, nor which version of PlayerAPI you need. It might seem logical to you, but for people who are modding for the first time, having conflicting instructions on this and the actual website, it becomes confusing.

This entire community is rather unhelpful actually, the guy is asking for help and the first thing you people tell him his gonna get ignored or banned? And you just go "how the hell is this hard?"

Quite frankly, so far all i have seen is you guys being condescending assholes.

---

This entire community is rather unhelpful actually, the guy is asking for help and the first thing you people tell him his gonna get ignored or banned? And you just go "how the hell is this hard?"

Quite frankly, so far all i have seen is you guys being condescending assholes.

The ignore/ban statement, was not because he was asking for help (regardless of his tone), but was because he had made multiple posts/accounts to do so.

Yes the download instructions are not completely up-to-date. 1.3 has just come out, so even those will even a little knowledge about mods, would know that mods have to updates themselves after MC has updated, which takes time.

In regards towards the lack of helpfulness, he was receiving advice in his first post. And for the condescending part, if you've been around for more then 3 days, you'd see how many asinine questions get asked on a regular basis, so sometimes it's hard to remain completely civil with people that won't even take a minute to think about their questions and look around before whining. His was not an asinine question, but his attitude was far from that of someone seeking help and asking others to take their own time to assist him with his troubles.

I know you also had similar issues as he did, and helping to point out where things might be changes to avoid further issues is not a bad thing, but stirring up trouble and name calling is not the proper way to get things addressed.

The ignore/ban statement, was not because he was asking for help (regardless of his tone), but was because he had made multiple posts/accounts to do so.

Yes the download instructions are not completely up-to-date. 1.3 has just come out, so even those will even a little knowledge about mods, would know that mods have to updates themselves after MC has updated, which takes time.

In regards towards the lack of helpfulness, he was receiving advice in his first post. And for the condescending part, if you've been around for more then 3 days, you'd see how many asinine questions get asked on a regular basis, so sometimes it's hard to remain completely civil with people that won't even take a minute to think about their questions and look around before whining. His was not an asinine question, but his attitude was far from that of someone seeking help and asking others to take their own time to assist him with his troubles.

I know you also had similar issues as he did, and helping to point out where things might be changes to avoid further issues is not a bad thing, but stirring up trouble and name calling is not the proper way to get things addressed.

Yes i know my tone was not exactly helpful, i apologize for that. At that time i had spent most of a day trying to get this to work, and everywhere i had looked for help was either extremely outdated or downright not helpful. I then see this guys post (and also his previous one), and all i see is people being pricks. Not a great first impression of this community, although i am sure i have just somehow caught people when they had a bad day or something.

But i would like to raise another issue, if you have a lot of people asking the same basis questions, then maybe you should ask yourself what you have done wrong, seeing as so many people have problems with it. It shouldn't take long to update the website when a new update comes out to say "not compatible with 1.3.1, only 1.2.5". All credits to hydra, this mod is awesome, but these things needs to be done.

Well, compatibility for 1.3.1 cannot be too far away, considering that forge should be getting stable within the week (hopefully) and it may update.

But this is not the first issue of people trying to install it on 1.3.1 either, so editing the install instructions might be prudent.