Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AsylumofSouls

Minecart improvements

7 posts in this topic

Yeah, sure, it's the cooler idea i have ever seen...

Oh, wait, Bioxx said that nothing from after the 15 centurie would enter the game. Well, that's a shame :

*Toxic irony levels in this post*

Yeah, sure, it's the cooler idea i have ever seen...

Oh, wait, Bioxx said that nothing from after the 15 centurie would enter the game. Well, that's a shame :

*Toxic irony levels in this post*

Didn't say to incorporate the current carts this guy has made, just suggesting he could be consulted or brought in to re-do the carts specifically for TFC so Bioxx can work on the agriculture and such.

Of course that assumes Bioxx is willing to share some work around to other people :P

I see. Yet, i'm not seeing a whole lot of carts suitable for TFC, given the time limit i said before. Maybe there could be tiers for the minecarts, just like there already are for anvils and tool materials. But that was already suggested before, and this thread by itself is barely out of what that other thread said.

Technically, is already sharing some work arounds -With Dunk and the other developers that don't play minecraft with Nietzro and because of that i don't remember their names :-, so he may be willing to do that if he has the option. However, i'm not gonna talk for him, so if he ever decides to appear in this thread, we could know what he thinks about this.

Didn't say to incorporate the current carts this guy has made, just suggesting he could be consulted or brought in to re-do the carts specifically for TFC so Bioxx can work on the agriculture and such.

Of course that assumes Bioxx is willing to share some work around to other people :P

Well considering that railways themselves weren't even invented since the 1700s, much less metal minecarts themselves, I'm betting the revamp will take us even further away from this mod than vanilla already is.

If anything, carts will be receiving a DOWNgrade, not up.

Well considering that railways themselves weren't even invented since the 1700s, much less metal minecarts themselves, I'm betting the revamp will take us even further away from this mod than vanilla already is.

If anything, carts will be receiving a DOWNgrade, not up.

It would be more correct to say that metal railways were not in use until the mid 1700s since wooden permanent tracks were in use with wooden carts and a rope pulley system for mining since the Germans invented them in the 12th century.

I personally hadn't heard that the mod is supposed to be 16th century capped but if that is indeed the case, I apologise and no harm done; I was still under the impression that the idea behind it was a 21st century person all of a sudden finding themselves in the middle of nowhere having to advance their circumstances to stay alive and thrive with their 21st century knowledge.

I mean things like the steam engine were thought of and demonstrated (in rudimentary forms) as far back as the first century yet didn't really get properly 'invented' until the mid/late 1500s but I'd say that given the time of being stranded alone in the wilderness with so many resources available and ready forging and blacksmithing abilities I'd be able to recreate one from knowledge of how they work.

Even if we're limiting to pre-1500 tech, wind turbines were in use well before this time (not to mention water turbines) and a person with a 21st century mind would have the ability to construct a wind powered, rope drawn pulley system to pull a wheeled cart up a hill.

Anyway, this is all off topic.

This forum is for suggestions and should it be the case that Bioxx reads them, we will see in the future what his plans are for mining in the mod. He re-worked minecraft crafting so that suggests to me he's interested in keeping them in.