Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Scooterdanny

Encumbrance

74 posts in this topic

Alright, to start with i always found it silly that in minecraft, one can be armored, and equipped like a walking tank, i think that there should be penalties to speed & buoyancy. so running around with a broad-axe, and full steel plate, should either/both Slow you down/Tire you more quickly. and also, the more you have equipped, the more wary you would have to be of deep water, as wearing 40 kilos of armor is difficult to float it. Also, this should pertain to bags (should they be added) when equipped.

NOTE- I am note suggesting having the inventory items affect you an any way, merely the equipped armor and perhaps item in hand.

I know that snips of this have been suggested before in threads, such as the believable inventory thread, but i wanted to give these ideas their own thread for convenience of Dunk and Bioxx.

In fact, i think this could help a little with the OP wrought iron problem ._. specially this:

and also, the more you have equipped, the more wary you would have to be of deep water, as wearing 40 kilos of armor is difficult to float it.

how about this; wrought iron keeps it's strenght, but becomes the heavier set in the game, meaning you would be slow as hell, get tired very quickly -so far, like if Steve was a really fat guy...-, and almost completely onuable to float in water, that way making the wrought iron equipment something dangerous to use when in a ship. Black steel, blue steel and red steel, on the other hand, have a much lower weight while keeping the abilities of wrought iron and a better durability, which gives them back the intended "pro-equipment" they should have.

i'm not in any way saying that they should add weight by itself to the game, but the things you got equipped should affect in a direct way that kind of things. So, yeah, +1 to this.

Hmm, i agree with the steel vs wrought iron, it would definitely add an incentive to make the higher tier armors.

we like this I guess. We've been toying with these ideas for a while

>.> i dont like it. it just makes armor less desirable to have (unless u plan on diving) and more of a hassle to wear... (unless u have tons of food and dont mind being slow) >.> me no likey

Have you read how invulnerable one is with it in tfc? the point is to balance it.

This sounds like a very interesting idea. This mod adds some much needed realism and the idea of weight having some impact on gameplay

>.> i dont like it. it just makes armor less desirable to have (unless u plan on diving) and more of a hassle to wear... (unless u have tons of food and dont mind being slow) >.> me no likey

With the way we're designing armour to incorporate the different damage types, heavy plate armour will be very resistant to most attacks and will take near zero damage from most attacks other than a select few. Your armour is going to last a very long time and protect you possibly even better than it does now, so you better bet that we're going to add some serious drawbacks to it.

With the way we're designing armour to incorporate the different damage types, heavy plate armour will be very resistant to most attacks and will take near zero damage from most attacks other than a select few. Your armour is going to last a very long time and protect you possibly even better than it does now, so you better bet that we're going to add some serious drawbacks to it.

Squee !

So basically armor will be a thing you want to wear only when you know you're going into battle, or when you want to show off

Exactly like irl

it would definitely add an incentive to make the higher tier armors.

I don't think it should only be incentive for higher tier or encourage you to ware no armor at all because say you wore leather armor your swimming would be basically unaffected as would your movement (running etc) but u would still have some protection (downside is that u have very little protection) and so on and so forth so its a less higher tier lower tier and more different armor for different situations.

I don't think it should only be incentive for higher tier or encourage you to ware no armor at all because say you wore leather armor your swimming would be basically unaffected as would your movement (running etc) but u would still have some protection (downside is that u have very little protection) and so on and so forth so its a less higher tier lower tier and more different armor for different situations.

... What??? .__.

I didn't understood that. Could you clarify please?

... What??? .__.

I didn't understood that. Could you clarify please?

Wow... And JAG here doesn't even speak english as his first language (I think), and even he knows that that makes absofuckinglutely no sense. I mean I usually speak pretty good retardese, but all I can really get from this is that you think armor needs no balance, and you really like swimming in leather.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I got this, yes different tiers of armor will have different effects on your movement ability the heavy armors like wrought iron will affect you far more than leather armor, I'm guessing you used a translator and if so you need a new one

Uh, some of the lower tier armors are gonna be heavier than the higher tier armors.

Uh, some of the lower tier armors are gonna be heavier than the higher tier armors.

and? That just means that as you get better metals, your armour gets better in more ways than one. Besides, what if we assume that higher tier armours can have more body coverage due to lower mass? In that case, they'd weigh the same.

Wow... And JAG here doesn't even speak english as his first language (I think), and even he knows that that makes absofuckinglutely no sense. I mean I usually speak pretty good retardese, but all I can really get from this is that you think armor needs no balance, and you really like swimming in leather.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

here lemme try and translate...

-many fails later-

yeah no, i give up, no sence was able to be made out of this

here lemme try and translate...

-many fails later-

yeah no, i give up, no sence was able to be made out of this

I think he's trying to say that higher tier metal armours shouldn't be your goal outright, if you leave leather armours behind and go straight to metal, you'll lose all the athletic advantage you have. He says that leather armour is useful because it's light enough to not drag you down when you swim, and still protect you from attacks (albeit poorly).

I think he's trying to say that higher tier metal armours shouldn't be your goal outright, if you leave leather armours behind and go straight to metal, you'll lose all the athletic advantage you have. He says that leather armour is useful because it's light enough to not drag you down when you swim, and still protect you from attacks (albeit poorly).

one way to solve that

chainmail

you could make chain or scale armors out of different metals and those would be much lighter than solid plate armors

one way to solve that

chainmail

you could make chain or scale armors out of different metals and those would be much lighter than solid plate armors

I want to, but I don't know Bioxx's position on it. i think i saw some textures for chainmail back when armours were first in production, but i don't think anything came of it.

Which is why I strap on my leathers for my out-and-about work, chill in my skivvies when I'm safe in my warm home, and don my shining steel as I prep to raid the underdark deep caves of TFC

Edit:

OHMYGODDUNK

...DROW.

Make this a thing. Make this a fucking thing!

Which is why I strap on my leathers for my out-and-about work, chill in my skivvies when I'm safe in my warm home, and don my shining steel as I prep to raid the underdark deep caves of TFC

Edit:

OHMYGODDUNK

...DROW.

Make this a thing. Make this a fucking thing!

-______-

Maybe somewhere other than the overworld.

-______-

Maybe somewhere other than the overworld.

Duuuuuuuuude come on

You could even have, like... specially generated spider dungeons, with drow spawners guarding really cool shit

...honestly thats probably a terrible idea, but it's too cool not to suggest

Duuuuuuuuude come on

You could even have, like... specially generated spider dungeons, with drow spawners guarding really cool shit

...honestly thats probably a terrible idea, but it's too cool not to suggest

spider dungeons are happening anyway.

If you go for organic coding, you could include things like Plat, Partial Plate, and Pure Chainmail. as three different types of armor, to customize your fighting style, chain would be the most maneuverable, where full plate would be for moving tanks more or less.

also, regarding spider dungeon, i was thinking what about something like spider swarms, that behave similarily to silverfish, but use web instead of stone, and spawn lots of them, that would be terrifyingly awesome!