Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Scooterdanny

Encumbrance

74 posts in this topic

and? That just means that as you get better metals, your armour gets better in more ways than one. Besides, what if we assume that higher tier armours can have more body coverage due to lower mass? In that case, they'd weigh the same.

Sorry, I thought he was implying that the higher tier the armor got, the heavier it would be and the slower you would move. Just for example, bronze can be heavier than iron and steel depending on how much tin is in it.

If you go for organic coding, you could include things like Plat, Partial Plate, and Pure Chainmail. as three different types of armor, to customize your fighting style, chain would be the most maneuverable, where full plate would be for moving tanks more or less.

also, regarding spider dungeon, i was thinking what about something like spider swarms, that behave similarily to silverfish, but use web instead of stone, and spawn lots of them, that would be terrifyingly awesome!

spider swarms, you say?

I think he's trying to say that higher tier metal armours shouldn't be your goal outright, if you leave leather armours behind and go straight to metal, you'll lose all the athletic advantage you have. He says that leather armour is useful because it's light enough to not drag you down when you swim, and still protect you from attacks (albeit poorly).

Yes, Thank You dunkleosteus that is what i meant (i was tired so soz if i made no sense)

spider swarms, you say?

Oh my, yeah but imagine that many, but about 1/5th the size, and completely swarming you (maybe like in harry potter, in Aragog's lair?)

Perhaps the cobweb should be dealt with code and look-wise of glass panes. Or possibly use 1.4s tiling map ability so cobweb expand without a repeating pattern. Just thinking of ways existing codes could alleviate coding pains and make features better that way. After seeing Dunk used cat/creeper code for deer, this is pretty much how I going to think of all features. For example, the pottery can be used as a way to plant and grow herbs, which possibly go into remedies and alchemy

If armor will have different levels of encumbrance, I suggest chainmails or lighter armor alternatives of the same material.

Also, why not just make encumbrance a factor that increases hunger drain? Inventory load could have to do with it, too.

Alternatively, a "new need for sleep" could be established, much like hunger, but regenerated through (comfortable) sleeping, only then, we'd need the ability to lie down anywhere...

If armor will have different levels of encumbrance, I suggest chainmails or lighter armor alternatives of the same material.

Also, why not just make encumbrance a factor that increases hunger drain? Inventory load could have to do with it, too.

Alternatively, a "new need for sleep" could be established, much like hunger, but regenerated through (comfortable) sleeping, only then, we'd need the ability to lie down anywhere...

encumbrence will decrease your hunger faster too.

Funny, if you look up about 3 posts, i posted about the exact same thing,

If you go for organic coding, you could include things like Plat, Partial Plate, and Pure Chainmail. as three different types of armor, to customize your fighting style, chain would be the most maneuverable, where full plate would be for moving tanks more or less.

Funny, if you look up about 3 posts, i posted about the exact same thing,

I guess i should answer it then lol (although i feel like I already did, earlier) anyway, I think I saw some chain textures a few months back, but i don't know if anything came of it. I remember when i first planned how armour would be resistant to damages, I planned for chain to be included in that mix.

Ah, thank you for clarifying, Dunk :)

i think you should have a look at the armor handling of fallout new vegas, it is pretty forward, this amor has this pro and that con

eg, some power armor type something had the stats ->+2 strength ( hunger anyone?) and 2- maneuverability (jumping anyone?)

this could be a titanium armor ingame

Titanium eh.... i don't know it melts at 1,650 C so that is maybe that it is within reach, at least you didn't say tungsten XD

power armor

read this and all i could think of was Samus Aran

Really now? I think Fallout all the way.... but anyway yeah, pretty stoked about the combat overhaul.

i think you should have a look at the armor handling of fallout new vegas, it is pretty forward, this amor has this pro and that con

eg, some power armor type something had the stats ->+2 strength ( hunger anyone?) and 2- maneuverability (jumping anyone?)

this could be a titanium armor ingame

We don't want plain to sight rpg stats or anything like that. Maybe those effects apply, but there is nothing to say that it does. You would have to try out the armour and get a feel for how it works with your body.

i never intended to push the info on people, i tried to give some suggestions to how armor effects the player

also +1 for metroid ^^

I was going to make this suggestion but then I found this thread ^^.

Q: would encumbrance affect actual speed or just hunger and swimming?

I was going to make this suggestion but then I found this thread ^^.

Q: would encumbrance affect actual speed or just hunger and swimming?

yes it definitely would, do you think you can swim the same speeed in a full suit of iron armor as you can in just a swimsuit?

same thing with running, theres a reason runners dont go up for a 100 metre dash wearing plate armor

Necro'd

wait a minute... we've been telling people for so long... "STAHP posting guise"

"This thread already exists, use the search function"

and then they do, and start posting in old threads

and we're like "STAHP NECROING OLD THREADSSS"

wait a minute... we've been telling people for so long... "STAHP posting guise"

"This thread already exists, use the search function"

and then they do, and start posting in old threads

and we're like "STAHP NECROING OLD THREADSSS"

... and in that moment, all the hypocrisy was felt >.<

... and in that moment, all the hypocrisy was felt >.<

All of it. At once.

Yup. And that is how threads get derailed.

Yup. And that is how threads get derailed.

Ho buddy you ain't seen NOTHIN yet

Ho buddy you ain't seen NOTHIN yet

hehe, shrubberies