Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Little Devil

Stone Anvil

26 posts in this topic

I have a problem with makeing a stone anvil (build 47) i tryed on all of the four types of stone and everything with a hammer on raguler stone and it dose nothing so can eneyone help??? D:

Did you pick up and move the stone? I hear a lot of people have trouble if they move it. Your right-clicking correct.

Did you pick up and move the stone? I hear a lot of people have trouble if they move it. Your right-clicking correct.

There does appear to be a problem if you use a stone block ( encountered this) ..for me it would only to work with quartzite block

Its important that you click the top of the stone block with the hammer, not any sides.

For me it worked fine with a moved block next to my forge.

Its important that you click the top of the stone block with the hammer, not any sides.

works for me as well as soon as I realized I had to make sure I clicked the top and not the sides. I think I read it also has to be a native stone of the area.

Nope. (did at first XD) but i now keep trying to dig down and do it with my thaing of Tin and nope D:

Oh and i click the top of it and i did like you the stone forge din't work next to me origenal

Oh and i click the top of it and i did like you the stone forge din't work next to me origenal

Maybe you could post an image of your anvil setup so we can see what your using?

I use shist by the way.

Oh now the anvil is working but now i can't bend eneything :/ i use the hammer the liquid tin and a plan

You can't shape a liquid. You have to wait till it solidifies into a malleable substance.

So wait for it to not become a liquid and then you have some time to work it.

Tin's temperature scale:

Posted Image

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Tin

Also you can't use the plan until you have an ingot.

You work the ore to get an ingot, then with the plan you hammer out the desired material.

The stone anvil is indeed bugged. It simply won't work sometimes

Thank you so much.

WHY DID NOBODY EXPLAIN THIS ON THE WIKI!!!!!

This is nonsense.

It does say it in the wiki. I actually read it in the wiki myself a few days ago.

Thank you so much.

WHY DID NOBODY EXPLAIN THIS ON THE WIKI!!!!!

This is nonsense.

Nonsense?

Seems pretty logical that in order to hammer out metal, you'd have to hammer it against the surface of the stone.

You'd have to be pretty damn skilled to successful make anything of use, when hammering it against the side of a a stone (i.e. a wall).

But as long as you've got it working now, that's all that matters.

I've found that restarting the mc client usually fixes the stone anvil not working bug. Ive encountered it a few times where no matter what you do it just wont work. Ive also fixed it once by moving to a neighboring biome.

I've found that restarting the mc client usually fixes the stone anvil not working bug. Ive encountered it a few times where no matter what you do it just wont work. Ive also fixed it once by moving to a neighboring biome.

Yes indeed, relogging fixes it but watch out for the bloomery bug! It looses all the output -only the output, not the ore the charcoal or the content of the mold slot-

Re logging doesn't seem to want to fix my problem of not being able to load my forge : I did run across the issue of the anvil not working after a while but reloading the game made ti work just fine.

This may be solved but I fixed the vagueness on my update of the getting started guide. It now says you must find a raw igneous stone... keep looking... hit the top with the hammer... this is a bit buggy keep trying. You can check it out. Make sure to tell me of problems.

Does the stone need to stand alone or is a continous, plain surface okay too? I click on the top surface but nothing happens at all

Nevermind. Clicking a random surface worked in the end. It sure is still rather buggy.

I've solved this problem by closing the client completely and restarting. Works 90% of the time

I believe the issue is this, from the changelog:

When creating a stone anvil, the gui will now automatically open. Note that the anvil can only be made if the player uses the hammer on a piece of stone that actually belongs in that location. i.e. Using your hammer on a piece of raw basalt while standing in a layer of chert will not work. You must use it on the chert instead.

EDIT: I take it back. This is definitely a bug, which I experienced earlier, and seems to be fixed by quitting MC and relaunching - just saving/exiting won't be enough, you have close and relaunch the entire application.

I believe the issue is this, from the changelog:

When creating a stone anvil, the gui will now automatically open. Note that the anvil can only be made if the player uses the hammer on a piece of stone that actually belongs in that location. i.e. Using your hammer on a piece of raw basalt while standing in a layer of chert will not work. You must use it on the chert instead.

EDIT: I take it back. This is definitely a bug, which I experienced earlier, and seems to be fixed by quitting MC and relaunching - just saving/exiting won't be enough, you have close and relaunch the entire application.

How does one restart the entire application?

How does one restart the entire application?

Save & Quit minecraft, close the game entirely and relaunch it. If you just log out of your game/server but don't close the minecraft game client, it won't be enough to fix the issue.