Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Latias4Ever

Can't get bronze?

21 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is a bug or not, or if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get Bronze from the Metallurgy table, and yes, I'm using Unshaped Copper and Unshaped Tin, 3 of the former, and 1 of the latter, and I've tried with them in the respective working temperature and completely cooled off, but still nothing, can someone help me please?

EDIT: Turns out I can't get any alloy at all! I tried using NEI to get Bismuth to try and make Bismuth Bronze, nothing, and not even when I tried to make Blue Steel! What do I do?!

I think you have to place them in a straigh line, you can't just toss them azarously in the grid. That's the only problem i ever had with any alloy.

Tried it, but it doesn't work, tried using the recipe shown in the wiki, tried with a straight line, nothing, nothing pops up.

They need to be liquid to put in the metallurgy table.

Then it is possibly a bug, or an error when installing. Do you have a "clean" copy of the vanilla minecraft.jar you installed the mod in? If you do, try this: save the modded minecraft.jar somewhere else, copy-paste the vanilla one in place, and try installing only Forge, Player API and TFC. Make a creative world, and try to make the alloys. If you can make them there, then it was probably a instalation issue. make a copy of the functional minecraft.jar, and then add the other mods you use. If the problem gets back, however, it's likely to be a -rare- compatibility issue between mods. Try and test like before until you discover which one is causing issues, and try not to use it any more.

If it doesn't work after the clean install, maybe you're doing it wrong -not trying to say you're stupid or anything, anyone can make mistakes, as i did :P-; try with some mod management programs -MultiMC, MCpatcher, things like that-

EDIT: lol, i though i readed you said that you tried it with the metals in liquid state .__. didn't you? then yeah, try that the guy up here said, and if not come back to this :

They need to be liquid to put in the metallurgy table.

This sounds like it might've been the trouble. :)

Yeah, I had to get them as liquid, thanks Deviator, and thanks JAG for trying to help, I did install it carefully, everything else is working, I just didn't know that the metals had to be liquid, the videos on YouTube didn't have them as liquid, so it threw me off.

I've noted recently that at least in SMP, metals with low melting points can't be smelted at their real melting point, they have to be at like the melting point for the hardest-to-melt thing in the metallurgy table. Or maybe they just have to be white-hot. Not sure. Try using a forge, setting up a bellows and getting all the ingredients up to yellow and see if that helps.

Ah, it's not just that they have to be liquid. Sbdaynham was correct. I just tested making bismuth bronze again and the bismuth and tin had to be a bright red stage. This seems like a bug, since when making regular bronze all the metals simply have to be liquid.

Yeah... don't make bismuth bronze. I was looking over the tool hardness the other day, and while I can't give you the actual numbers, I CAN give you percentages.

bismuth bronze is 22% stronger than copper and bronze is 67% stronger. Bronze also has significantly more durability than bismuth bronze.

Bismuth is also the shittiest starter metal.

They go in order of worst to best: bismuth, zinc, tin

Yeah... don't make bismuth bronze. I was looking over the tool hardness the other day, and while I can't give you the actual numbers, I CAN give you percentages.

bismuth bronze is 22% stronger than copper and bronze is 67% stronger. Bronze also has significantly more durability than bismuth bronze.

They go in order of worst to best: bismuth, zinc, tin

What about Rose gold and Black Bronze? I would assume their pretty shitty, right?

What about Rose gold and Black Bronze? I would assume their pretty shitty, right?

never looked them up, maybe I will later. I don't think black bronze is TOO terrible though

But... but... it's blue :(

*sob*

But... but... it's blue :(

*sob*

That's not blue... that's... i don't know, i'm just sure that's not the blue i know D:

turquoise, maybe?

That's not blue... that's... i don't know, i'm just sure that's not the blue i know D:turquoise, maybe?
A bit green, it's the best drawn ore. And like Azdoine said "but...but...it's <color of the metal> :( "

A bit green, it's the best drawed ore. And like Azdoine said "but...but...it's <color of the metal> :( "

I still don't even know why it's drawn that way... Bismuth doesn't look like that.

And the past-tense of "draw" is "drawn", just so you know :)

"draw" is "drawn"

Forgot...come on, sometimes I can freely fail.

EDIT: What a stupid mistake

Forgot...come on, sometimes I can freely fail.

EDIT: What a stupid mistake

It's okay bro, i sometimes make the same kind of mistakes :3

It's okay bro, i sometimes make the same kind of mistakes :3

JAG, why'd you change you profile pic? This one looks really cool, but Slenderman was cool too. Just curious as to why you did.

Also on a side note, I cant seem to add a profile pic. Every time I try, It says failed to import image, and same for when I try to put a URL.

JAG, why'd you change you profile pic? This one looks really cool, but Slenderman was cool too. Just curious as to why you did.

Also on a side note, I cant seem to add a profile pic. Every time I try, It says failed to import image, and same for when I try to put a URL.

Meh, Srgnoodles did, and to me that means "okay, this one got old, let's take another one". On the other hand, i like Quetzacoatl :P and this pic is the closer i could get to him in the forum.

As to how to add it... well, i don't really know. I think the forums expect you to give it JPG pics of a certain size, but i could be wrong.

EDIT: don't worry, next time i think i'm gonna take Smile.dog or some other creepy thing as my pic :3 i <3 creepypastas