Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Kingdoms Brainstorming

899 posts in this topic

I would love to be a jaguar warrior exacting his revenge in a dense jungle against far advanced metal aged explorers coming to deforest it. Poison blow darts, anyone?

Badass ? Doubtless. Practical ? I think you would have a hard time against metal wielding opponents :P Keep in mind the Aztec's didn't just lose due to disease :P

Its about time for thirst and temperature influence and what i mean by that is that if you are in a high temperature area you will lose more thirst than a normal or cold temperature and if you are wearing leather armor it would be bigger if you wear metal armor you get hurt from time to time because of the hot metal and if its cold you start to freeze making movement and all actions slower so you need to have leather armor to keep you warm but metal armor doesnt keep you warm and in cold temperature you lose liquid slower. And add a way to gather more rock in stone-age some of us want to build castles without picks. Another thing would be an update on fishing you can get larger and smaller fish and upgrade your fishing rod larger fish cook longer but give more health because as we all know the Ocean is one of our main food sources.

P.S. Add bear head hats :D

about the whole plate doesn't keep you warm as you already stated plate makes you incredibly hot so yes it would keep you hot

about ocelots- could we get ocelots as pets and not tamed cats and possibly have to breed and tame cats and wolves in order to get domesticated pets

about the whole plate doesn't keep you warm as you already stated plate makes you incredibly hot so yes it would keep you hot

Actually, not quite. Plate acts as a giant heat sink anywhere it touches skin or thin clothing. Obviously, with the addition of padded gambesons and other such things, plate is a very toasty business, but in extreme cold.. I'm not so sure.

Seeing as I'm a re-enactor and I live in Scotland, you'd think I'd know the answer to that too :S :P

Perhaps the dyeable armour in 1.4 means you could get leather from each peltable and add a part of the animal to the leather armour to colour/texture it to look like an animal coat.

Actually, not quite. Plate acts as a giant heat sink anywhere it touches skin or thin clothing. Obviously, with the addition of padded gambesons and other such things, plate is a very toasty business, but in extreme cold.. I'm not so sure.

Seeing as I'm a re-enactor and I live in Scotland, you'd think I'd know the answer to that too :S :P

We have quite the cast of characters in this little mod forum, don't we?

i kinda love how these threads evolve to private conversations,cock and bull storys and anecdotes ^^

We have quite the cast of characters in this little mod forum, don't we?

Yep, I'm also an amatuer blacksmith and enthusiastic powerlifter (and a production engineer by trade)

We also have biologists, anthropologists, a professional blacksmith, many younger people who are still at school as well as many many others.

Quite a diverse wee communtiy, and we're only the part that lurks the suggestions board, there's people like Flamestrider and Esteban, who work very hard on the wiki but rarely post here :P

i kinda love how these threads evolve to private conversations,cock and bull storys and anecdotes ^^

That is what makes this forum so special, and it is also why I spend so much time on it :P

The off-topic derails are what really gives this place it's soul .. You have excellent command of the English language, by the way :) Aside from a couple of wee things, I would never have known you weren't native :P

Hmm, I haven't really read all 27 pages of this thread, so excuse me if I am suggesting something that was entirely said already. You've probably all thought about a way to capture your enemies and "arrest" them in a way. Using some sort of tool/weapon, you could knock someone out with blunt force, rendering them incapable of moving or seeing. You, the captor, have between 12-36 minecraft hours (depending on how bad the knock-out was) to transport your victim to a jail or other location. While they're unconcious, you can drag them. This is where the prentending comes in. While dragging, you simply can't move very fast, and your hunger is reduced at a much faster rate while walking or jogging. Bear with me, for a sec, this will sound silly. You get a sort of person-item in your inventory. (This is much more practical and I assume easier to code than having the animation of a limp body trailing behind a walking player) When you place the person-item on the ground, he/she will spawn in that location when they wake up. While this item is on the ground, ready to respawn the player, you can still pick it up as long as they are unconcious. If the player"wakes up" while you are still holding them in your inventory, they spawn next to you, with very limited mobility, low hearts, and are prone to being knocked out again. This stage would last about a minute, maybe two. Thank you for your consideration

-JoeyTehPwnzaaaar

Hmm, I haven't really read all 27 pages of this thread, so excuse me if I am suggesting something that was entirely said already. You've probably all thought about a way to capture your enemies and "arrest" them in a way. Using some sort of tool/weapon, you could knock someone out with blunt force, rendering them incapable of moving or seeing. You, the captor, have between 12-36 minecraft hours (depending on how bad the knock-out was) to transport your victim to a jail or other location. While they're unconcious, you can drag them. This is where the prentending comes in. While dragging, you simply can't move very fast, and your hunger is reduced at a much faster rate while walking or jogging. Bear with me, for a sec, this will sound silly. You get a sort of person-item in your inventory. (This is much more practical and I assume easier to code than having the animation of a limp body trailing behind a walking player) When you place the person-item on the ground, he/she will spawn in that location when they wake up. While this item is on the ground, ready to respawn the player, you can still pick it up as long as they are unconcious. If the player"wakes up" while you are still holding them in your inventory, they spawn next to you, with very limited mobility, low hearts, and are prone to being knocked out again. This stage would last about a minute, maybe two. Thank you for your consideration

-JoeyTehPwnzaaaar

This is exactly what was suggested about 5 pages ago before it derailed. We're pretty much in agreement about a "baton" being the arest weapon, it's the getting the player to jail part that's gettting us.

And Jed, I'm Scottish on my dad's side of the family (We actually can trace the line back to a clan, the Gordon's, I think), and have always been interested in Scotland. It's a very interesting place to me.

This is exactly what was suggested about 5 pages ago before it derailed. We're pretty much in agreement about a "baton" being the arest weapon, it's the getting the player to jail part that's gettting us.

And Jed, I'm Scottish on my dad's side of the family (We actually can trace the line back to a clan, the Gordon's, I think), and have always been interested in Scotland. It's a very interesting place to me.

lol same here on my grandmothers'. We trace back to the MacKays I think though.

off topic: how many people could a resonable priced server take? (kinda thinking of organising a semi oficial TFC server from the forums, since your testing server cant handle many people at once)

A 20 dollar server from KBG Servers with a maximum capacity of 20 players will "comfortably" hold about 10 players running TFC. Basically, goto https://www.kbgservers.com/minecraft-read-more/, pick a server level, and divide it's maximum users allowed by two, and that's roughly how many people it will hold before it starts to lag and stutter

Irish on my grandpa's side he is an O'Brien.

Irish on my grandpa's side he is an O'Brien.

I'm not surprised you have a connection to Scotland Dunk :P You live in Canada right ?

My family actually goes back to Ireland on my grandfathers side .. I think I'm a 3rd generation Scot :P

Arthur, I'm honoured you're so interested in my home :P It's a beautiful country (even if I don't get to see the beautiful aspects that much :()

I'm not surprised you have a connection to Scotland Dunk :P You live in Canada right ?

My family actually goes back to Ireland on my grandfathers side .. I think I'm a 3rd generation Scot :P

Arthur, I'm honoured you're so interested in my home :P It's a beautiful country (even if I don't get to see the beautiful aspects that much :()

certainly do live in Canada. My grandmother was scottish, my grandfather was welsh and my dad was born in england, but his family emmigrated to Canada when he was 7.

certainly do live in Canada. My grandmother was scottish, my grandfather was welsh and my dad was born in england, but his family emmigrated to Canada when he was 7.

I'm seriously considering emigrating myself ...

Of all the countries I have been considering, Canada is the most appealing .. I love skiing and hiking, and I need a decent climate. Australia is way too hot and everything out there is trying to kill you and I am unilingual (the shame !) so I couldn't really move to Germany :P

come to the US we have Colorado for skying, Florida for hot winters, and anywhere Midwest and up for temperate weather.

come to the US we have Colorado for skying, Florida for hot winters, and anywhere Midwest and up for temperate weather.

In the nicest possible way .. I don't think I could move somewhere without universal healthcare, even if it means higher taxes :P

In the nicest possible way .. I don't think I could move somewhere without universal healthcare, even if it means higher taxes :P

Let's not start a political debate here...

Let's not start a political debate here...

I agree, I just wanted to give a better reason than "I have reasons" :P :P

back on topic

could there be something added with dogs that will keep them from killing allies when they are accidentally hit in the mayhem of war.

Canada is a very welcoming place, and is quite ethnically diverse (in the densely populated areas). It's a very nice country.

jsut sayan

Posted Image?

dog does not equal guard dog and they do not, according to you post, work outside the town. so they would not work for attacking other towns. and it still doesn't talk about dogs killing you friend because of an accidental hit.