Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Kingdoms Brainstorming

899 posts in this topic

if there isnt going to be a tfc update to 1.3.2 soon...

well see this:(tfcPlayers.Whine())

i think there should be some kind of seal or something so there is a way for the cities to mark official stuff, for example rules or contracts (written in books eg)

also some kind of drawbridge would be nice (trenches make sense now) (another plus mechaninc would be that dirt,sand and gravel desolve in the right circumstances -> erosion, cant spam a trench with worthless blocks etc

a better sign -> font is so little you have to get real close to be able to read it well ->overheadsigns, 20m trenches, statue signs laws etc, maybe a stone sign ( latin font maybe :rolleyes: )

coloured glass

some kind of microblock to make statues

a grappling hook for citywalls :ph34r:

sorry for the spammin tryin to brainstorm

perheps a stele made of stone that letters can be carved in it with a chisel

-snip-

Brainstorming is good ! :)

I like the idea of a draw bridge, is that do-able with this mod ? :P

Coloured glass seems like a given ?

i think there should be some kind of seal or something so there is a way for the cities to mark official stuff, for example rules or contracts (written in books eg)

also some kind of drawbridge would be nice (trenches make sense now) (another plus mechaninc would be that dirt,sand and gravel desolve in the right circumstances -> erosion, cant spam a trench with worthless blocks etc

a better sign -> font is so little you have to get real close to be able to read it well ->overheadsigns, 20m trenches, statue signs laws etc, maybe a stone sign ( latin font maybe :rolleyes: )

coloured glass

some kind of microblock to make statues

a grappling hook for citywalls :ph34r:

sorry for the spammin tryin to brainstorm

i agree with the trenches and drawbridge, i also like the idea that when you fill up trenches with water then blocks like gravel/sand would be useless against it and would just disappear (or be returned in blockform, whatever floats your dirt :3 ... lame wordplay xP)

i agree with some bigger signs so we can use huge signs to for example mark the name of the city right above the door in huge letters ^^

coloured glass... well idc about that, i barely use glass anyway xP too fragile and it isn't easy to make (not hard either, but takes some time) but for making huge cathedrals etc it could be pretty nice

the microblocks... well we got the chisel already, maybe just add a 'finetune mode' which is almost the same as the regular way a chisel works only it shaves off a lot less (instead of a whole layer at once) ^^

the grappling hook, well it has been done in other mods, but as far as my experience goes it has never been very easy to use it to get over walls, it's awesome for getting around inside a huge tower etc though

could be a cool idea ^^

with microblocks n stuff i mean kind of redpower style

and for another important thing in kingdoms

TRANSIT

we need some major overhaul of the railways since this awesome shit wont work no more

or a speed boost on special roadblocks or something, since

Exploring Leather and Mechanical Power and

Period Appropriate Transport + Logistics was kind of denied

what is something we can brainstorm since those ideas got kind of blocked =) ?

-snip-

Correct me if I am wrong, perhaps the involvement of my suggestion has blinded me to the possibilities, but unfortunately the denial of those two suggestions puts the kibosh on most infrastructure overhauls.

You see, TFC has a target period and those suggestions covered all period appropriate transit and hauling methods. Anything else would be outside of the target period :/

Sigh, GizmoT you need to lurk moar, the "microblock idea" was already suggested (and i think more or less confirmed) it was part of one of my chisel idea threads.

Also, roads were shot down as anything but asthetics.

Sigh, GizmoT you need to lurk moar, the "microblock idea" was already suggested (and i think more or less confirmed) it was part of one of my chisel idea threads.

I think it would be interesting if there was a horse-drawn cart that could only be used on a roadway.

I think it would be interesting if there was a horse-drawn cart that could only be used on a roadway.

I laid all of that out (and more) in my "Period Appropriate Logistics" thread, but it was shot down by a combination of several (or maybe just two) factors:

1. Dunk (rightly) points out that beasts of burden would be too much work for a 2 man mod team

2. Roads were resigned to the realm of "looks pretty"

I laid all of that out (and more) in my "Period Appropriate Logistics" thread, but it was shot down by a combination of several (or maybe just two) factors:

1. Dunk (rightly) points out that beasts of burden would be too much work for a 2 man mod team

2. Roads were resigned to the realm of "looks pretty"

but how should one get from a to b when railways are out of question, as i see it (what i read)there wont be a steamengine, there wont be the possibility to connect cart, no transport carts etc, no roads, no booster rail, no mount ?

if everything is done by foot, there will never be big cities, since you would follow the resources, once everything is so far away one needs 2 minecraft days to even get to a small veine

unless its a very well defendable position (there are no good valleys or summits anymore, swamps are out of the question and awesome snowcovered bunkers can be dug (almost) everywhere), so if the only fast transportation is by boat ( the better physics/boat thread is still open), almost everything will be in the ocean, (why bother coding beautiful landscapes, when permanently settling down on the mainland is not very profitable)

i hope i make sense for you

sorry,since the chisel is not a worbench tool anymore i didnt think about looking the old threads (would be a pain in the ass to create a statue or something else with the new chisel mechanic)

but how should one get from a to b when railways are out of question, as i see it (what i read)there wont be a steamengine, there wont be the possibility to connect cart, no transport carts etc, no roads, no booster rail, no mount ?

if everything is done by foot, there will never be big cities, since you would follow the resources, once everything is so far away one needs 2 minecraft days to even get to a small veine

unless its a very well defendable position (there are no good valleys or summits anymore, swamps are out of the question and awesome snowcovered bunkers can be dug (almost) everywhere), so if the only fast transportation is by boat ( the better physics/boat thread is still open), almost everything will be in the ocean, (why bother coding beautiful landscapes, when permanently settling down on the mainland is not very profitable)

i hope i make sense for you

sorry,since the chisel is not a worbench tool anymore i didnt think about looking the old threads (would be a pain in the ass to create a statue or something else with the new chisel mechanic)

I don't think horse carts were much faster, people just didn't like walking... Especially for long distances.

I understand. Right now there are vanilla powered rails and normal track, maybe this is staying as is ?

I don't think horse carts were much faster, people just didn't like walking... Especially for long distances.

It has a lot to do with the load bearing capacity of a person vs. a horse at the same speeds of travel :P

i did not mean to implement horse carts

but somethin to shorten the time from a to b (without a oneway rail

maybe some sort of hand drawn/pushed cart that has and incredible inventory but takes a long time to move and drains hunger fast

this would be easier to code than an animal and is close to what has been done in the past

this would also force people to flatten, though with the new movement you only have to get it mostly flat so more like even out a 2 wide path only one high, the path they wish to take/between towns

and perhaps some sort of barge could be implemented for river/ocean travel

maybe some sort of hand drawn/pushed cart that has and incredible inventory but takes a long time to move and drains hunger fast

this would be easier to code than an animal and is close to what has been done in the past

this would also force people to flatten, though with the new movement you only have to get it mostly flat so more like even out a 2 wide path only one high, the path they wish to take/between towns

and perhaps some sort of barge could be implemented for river/ocean travel

horses are already planned. Just not for a while.

horses are already planned. Just not for a while.

Wow, I expected that if we had anything, it would be mules. They seem much better suited for hauling ore around.

i thought the boat creatition like "ships and boats"+"physcraft" were already under consideration ? or was i mistaken

Wow, I expected that if we had anything, it would be mules. They seem much better suited for hauling ore around.

but then I'd have to add horses AND donkeys.

i thought the boat creatition like "ships and boats"+"physcraft" were already under consideration ? or was i mistaken

nope. you were mistaken. probably, unless Bioxx said something in IRC, but I am almost positive.

so, no train, no boat, no road, no draught animal, settling kinda sucks :P

unless some sort of the old nether gate mechanic will be implemented (1nethermeter<1earthmeter you know ;))

but it would be so awesome if one could create huge ships, for naval battles :3

so, no train, no boat, no road, no draught animal, settling kinda sucks :P

unless some sort of the old nether gate mechanic will be implemented (1nethermeter<1earthmeter you know ;))

but it would be so awesome if one could create huge ships, for naval battles :3

No phone, no lights, no motor car

Not a single luxury

Like Robinson Crusoe

It's as primitive as can be

i have a few suggestions to this topic and i hope for my idea's to be of intrest

1.an economy needs a currency of course so i suggest using gold coins & silver coins & bronze coins

*making coins is like making tools in an anvil and will give you 16 coins for a gold, silver or bronze ingot

*gems should have values depending on their condition (example:a chipped topaz is worth 6 bronze coins)

*players would have the ability to price their own items by putting a price tag that looks like a sign

*also i reccomned adding locked chests only accesable to the owner and people who wish to buy something must right click the price tag sign to purchase.

as far as politics i dont really have a lot of idea's but il post them anyways..

*their should be 3 types of blocks: city block, town block, border block

*city blocks when placed will require the player himself to have enough political power to place or else he wont be able to

*town blocks are placed only if ruled by a kingdom or outside a kingdom

i will be posting more idea's once i have enough.

Will the economy be included in Single player? i Recommend a bank block system with a vault GUI that shows how much is in the vault and the option to deposit and withdraw currency for instance; 1 cent copper coins, 5 cent zinc coins, 10 cent tin coins, 50 cent bronze coins, and 1 dollar gold coins, non of which are craftable but can be earned(i haven't worked this out yet but im thinking) and if your looking for an NPC idea on what to base them on try simulating Mine colony style village building but the player has the actually build the buildings and place the appropriate signal or sign or block or command to set the home for the right type of villager, such as a blacksmith, you must include a forge and an anvil within a 4*4 distance from each other and a 2block water source to simulate the heating, forging, cooling, a reheating, of weapons and armor and tools. and a baker must say, have a fire pit on a 1 block high stone bakers furnace thats 5*5 blocks wide of a single type of stone, and a hollowed out chimney to simulate a baker's oven.

All these ideas are just suggestions and i already have a book(about 150 pages of ideas and details) of a mod i would like to make, but i want to give them to Terrafirma because this is a mod i always wanted to satisfy my survival needs. and no you cant HAVE my book, its not digital but i will give any or all ideas to Bioxx.