Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Kingdoms Brainstorming

899 posts in this topic

Actually it's regional.

A lot of Americans pronounce it 'SLEW-iss'

like the name Lewis but with an S in front

No way o.o .. That is odd :P

they must be american :P

...I just said that.

...I just said that.

this was to hint that the term american is a little bit of,if you know geography :P

this was to hint that the term american is a little bit of,if you know geography :P

Ooh ooh someone used "American" and "geography" in the same sentence!!!

http://xkcd.com/850/

Yayyyy

I used a capital A in American, thereby referring to a resident of the nation, not the continent pair

Yes technically North America and South America are proper names and should also be capitalized, but usually the convention is Cap = country and no cap = continent(s)

Ooh ooh someone used "American" and "geography" in the same sentence!!!

http://xkcd.com/850/

Yayyyy

I've never seen that comic before ! :P

It's a nice reversal on the typical "LOL LOOK HOW IGNORANT DEMS AMERICANS ARE HUR HUR" I am European and even I know that the "Ignorance" is not any more or less pervasive over there than it is here :P

Just an update.

I think the size of the area claimed by the Hearthstone should be larger than I originally thought. I'm currently part of a town on a server, about 10 citizens, and we use far, far, far more than 5x5. I think all our houses combined would take up more than 5x5

It's a nice reversal on the typical "LOL LOOK HOW IGNORANT DEMS AMERICANS ARE HUR HUR" I am European and even I know that the "Ignorance" is not any more or less pervasive over there than it is here :P

While there are Americans who are quite intelligent (present company included), there are also those who aren't. America has had a long history of indulging in it's own success, so to speak, with "manifest destiny" (which if you think about it, is really rather narcissistic) and the "we are number one!" idea. So yes, there are intelligent Americans, but there are many who don't know much about any country other than their own. I say this from the perspective of a resident of a much smaller country (in populous and economy) in which almost everyone is very aware of who the rest of the world is and where they are. I'd say most Canadians have a very good understanding of American politics, geography and culture, just because our media is dominated by American programming and news. When ever there is an election, or Obama makes a speech, all of the channels I watch on TV are showing it, so I have to sit and watch debates for an election for another country :(

No, it really is much more pervasive here. It's not that we have fewer intelligent people, it's just that we have a very large population and about the SAME number of intelligent people as any other country, so the ratios take normal distribution and skullfuck it with a baseball bat made of frozen stupid.

Fortunately since we're divided into states, most Americans with an IQ over 110 tend to know which states have other MENSA champions like themselves, and which ones are not discussed in polite conversation *coughcoughtenesseecoughcough*

States like Florida, California, and New York tend to have higher concentrations of 'smart people' than, say, more central US states like oklahoma.

Is that saying that the New York streets are overcrowded with less-famous versions of Brian Green and Michio Kaku? No, but it is saying you won't find anyone here leaning on a shotgun and trying to figure out whether or not you confusing them merits its use.

Is that saying that every resident of ... the less urban states... is a toothless hick? Absolutely not, brilliance blooms in all places - but it is saying that unless you're just like everyone else there, and don't say anything to 'challenging'... it might be best to stay inside at night. And even that holds no guarantees.

I used a capital A in American, thereby referring to a resident of the nation, not the continent pair

Yes technically North America and South America are proper names and should also be capitalized, but usually the convention is Cap = country and no cap = continent(s)

so tell me where do i find this "America" you speak of stranger, i have never heard of it

back to the topic:

i think there should be a poll for hearthstone system and against such, aso what do we gain by integrating such a system ?

*sieges are simpler

*property rights are simpler

cons,

*small towns have most of the time a bigger extend then bigger one (farmcommunities for example), so the fields would be out of the city bounds

*the signature systems stops the buildings from growing

-snip-

To be fair, your comment about the "We are #1" thing seems to be true to me.. Over here, you would never hear someone saying that :P

The closest we get is "Man, Kilts make it easy to get laid in America" :P National pride at it's finest !

Hmmm.. You do have a better perspective on it than I do :P

-snip-

Haha :P I think that happens the world over (though on a smaller scale :P). The intelligent folks tend to move to metropolitan areas because that's where all the best paid jobs are :L :L

As I said to Dunk, you guys have a much better perspective on it than I do, but this does surprise me. I always thought the opinion of the general American populace was tinged with the cynicism that most nations seem to view the US with :S

so tell me where do i find this "America" you speak of stranger, i have never heard of it

On the continent of North America, you'll find the United States of America, also known as the 'USA', or just 'America'

Haha :P I think that happens the world over (though on a smaller scale :P). The intelligent folks tend to move to metropolitan areas because that's where all the best paid jobs are :L :L

As I said to Dunk, you guys have a much better perspective on it than I do, but this does surprise me. I always thought the opinion of the general American populace was tinged with the cynicism that most nations seem to view the US with :S

No, there really is a rather unsettling amount of HURR AMURRICA IZ BEST here, played completely straight-facedly (that is in fact a word).

Personally, I think this USED to be the best country in the world (I mean come on, the founding fathers were pretty much spiral knights - their entire ideology was 'we're not putting up with your shit anymore King George, we're gonna do shit OUR way and we'll kick your ass until you let us! I'm pretty sure if early Americans had had access to Kamina shades, they would have worn them)

But I hate America as it is now - we somehow managed to go from buckle-shoed unstoppable badasses that nearly everyone but England liked, to buckle-burst placid dumbasses that nearly the entire world hates - and yet the majority of our populace still wave around cheap plastic replicas of the stars and stripes that so much blood was shed over, shouting 'WE'RE DA BEST' while helping themselves to another tin of fucking SPAM, in an effort to make themselves look more like it.

Do I want Americans to stop saying we're the best country in the world? No. I want us to step the fuck back up ACT like it.

so 1 union takes the right to have the 2 continents names´

i like your concept of power

(cynism deactivated)

(cynism deactivated)

No, it's the United States of America

we just use USA or America for short

If we want to talk about north or south america, we actually SAY North America or South America

And the only reason they're even called that is because the huge-egoed dude who proved Columbus was an idiot, Amerigo Vespucci, thought they were both 2 parts to a single supercontinent, that he of course named after himself. Really, North and South Americas should have different names just as Asia and Europe do.

States like Florida, California, and New York tend to have higher concentrations of 'smart people' ... brilliance blooms in all places - but it is saying that unless you're just like everyone else there, and don't say anything to 'challenging'... it might be best to stay inside at night. And even that holds no guarantees.

This is very true. I was born and raised in a engineering city that supplied NASA with workers. But now I scratch out a living taking care of horse feet and making misc. items for anachronists. I find myself with a closed mouth more than an open one unless somebody asks or says something to ensure me that I'm safe from the rampant stupidity here. I might be more carefull with putting Florida on that list though. I remember a certain year were we couldn't count to 10 let alone whatever we were trying to count to.

This is very true. I was born and raised in a engineering city that supplied NASA with workers. But now I scratch out a living taking care of horse feet and making misc. items for anachronists. I find myself with a closed mouth more than an open one unless somebody asks or says something to ensure me that I'm safe from the rampant stupidity here. I might be more carefull with putting Florida on that list though. I remember a certain year were we couldn't count to 10 let alone whatever we were trying to count to.

I retcon my statement to 'certain parts of florida'

I retcon my statement to 'certain parts of florida'

I'm just saying that there's a reason I don't list where my location is. (hangs head in shame)

(cynism deactivated)

If you read my earlier post, you would see that the USA's history is rife with narcissism and the idea that their culture completely dwarfs all others. For a short while, the US was the world's largest economy and power, particularly at the end of world war two. While Europe and Canada and Japan were all fighting, America was pumping out products and manufacturing things like nobody's business. It was when Japan decided it wanted military supremacy in the pacific that America got invited. By the time the Americans actually got to fighting the war against the Nazis, and was like "Hey guys, are you fighting or something? I brought a bunch of fresh troops with me", Nazi Germany was like "Really? Fuck this shit." and lost. Because America spent relatively less on the war effort, they were able to come out of the war as the dominant global economy, which rocketed them out of the great depression (also helped by the end of the dustbowl issue in the 30's when a whole bunch of farms dried up). At that time, all electronics around the world were manufactured in America, creating need for huge factories and creating thousands of jobs across the country. All products were made by General Electric. Things were good for America, as they were at the top of their game. As time went on, countries in east Asia started to industrialize, and the cheaper standard of living lead many American companies to move their production facilities to other countries. This outsourcing, which essentially hemorrhaged the US's money into other countries began to cripple it's economy. It's whole economy began to be based upon loans, and the world's memory of how awesome the US used to be bolstered their appearance and essentially put money the country didn't have in it's pockets. As technology developed, people started wanting more leisure time and less work. People wanted to have all of life's profits without any of the costs, and began buying things and borrowing money that they couldn't nearly afford. Houses were being sold to people who had no idea how to pay for it (even to fresh college graduates with $100 000 in student loans, no job and not a cent to their name). People started panicking when they started to feel the huge economy bred and supported on a web of lies and loans start to shift and fall. They assumed that what they were doing was wrong, and that they needed change. Enter: the first Black (half) President in US history. All of America's hopes and dreams were put on the shoulders of this one man, who was tasked with defeating an immense wall of debt and neglect that had built up through the years of frivolous spending of the American citizens. He tried to think of ways to solve the debt crisis, or at least increase America's standard of living without increasing the debt, but was met with horrible responses. The American citizens didn't want to pay for things. So here we are, things are still pretty much in the shit hole for America, but a lot of them are still convinced that they are the number one country in the world.

There you go, a brief and highly biased history of America.

There you go, a brief and highly biased pretty much accurate history of America.

any plan to nomads villagers (hunters, etc)? or will need too much chunks to run good?

I don't quite understand what you are saying. I'm going to guess you speak Spanish, based on your username.

Could one of our Spanish speaking users talk to him and translate please?

The American citizens didn't want to pay for things.

How would paying for things i.e. Obamacare get us out of debt? Agree with the rest though.

Edit: Try to get JAG. I think he is saying "Are there any plans to add nomadic villager NPCs? Or will this take up too much memory?" However I could have guessed the word chunks wrong.

I don't quite understand what you are saying. I'm going to guess you speak Spanish, based on your username.

Damn like button being right above 'quote'...

Anyway, I think he's asking if you'll add NPCs that run around surviving like the player, or if that would require having more loaded chunks than your computer can reasonably handle

How would paying for things i.e. Obamacare get us out of debt? Agree with the rest though.

Because money has to go into the system before money can come back out. Otherwise we just end up manufacturing more to cover our asses like we unfortunately (and ruinously) have been for the past few years

i think he means: are there plans to implements stuff for nomads, or is this playstyle to chunkheavy to encourage it further