Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Kingdoms Brainstorming

899 posts in this topic

I want NPc's i can command around. All i want. if i want them to kill anyone not recognized, then that is what i want. the makes me happy and feel safe. :P

And you have no idea the complexity involved in the coding of any of that.

Given the incredibly large amount of mods that already implement features right along these lines, I have a feeling, not so hard.

Bioxx: Thats a good thing it looks you got a lot of work left.

We have quite a problem here really. On one end we have beleivable, but prone to greifers. On the other hand we have the everything is protected strategy that would destroy the idea of warfare. Neither of which would be desirable. Protected land would kill the warfare and protected chests would eventually clutter a world with indestructible useless blocks. The snitch blocks posted above could be quite some help though.

They could make it so you can enter a city only if you're of the player's faction, or not in any faction, and that you can only edit blocks within the city by being a part of that city's faction or are at war with that city's faction, which could potentially add a lot to gameplay, and also protect a player's chests, as they would be faction locked too, and nobody would steal from their own faction... right?

Snip

.... Well... if you are a quadruple agent working for a third party faction, but really working for the fourth unknown party that is suspiciously named, The Clan, then you would steal from your faction.

I was thinking on the problems with stealing/griefing etc. I think that economies and politics should be managed by the players themselves. For the stealing/griefing problems, I would say that before a player logs out of a server, they are given a gui which will allow them to set up an npc to guard their house. If you have a large house, there should be a way to add some kind of lock or puzzle that it would take a max of 60 seconds to crack in order to access a storage container so that the npc has time to get to where the infiltrator is and slay them before they can open it and get away. The npc for a player should have their skin and only be able to wear and use the armor and weapons that the player actually has. It should also be able to allow certain entities to enter and exit the premises of the patrol area, eg peaceful mobs, friendly players etc. This solves the problem of a player logging out because now they have a guard for their house. Before you npc haters try to tear this idea apart, remember that it isn't really adding a mining, working npc, just allowing the player to guard their house when they are offline. I honestly have no idea how much coding this would take or if it is completly unphsable, but I would very much like this to be implemented into the mod.

Note: I have not read the forum in its entirety, so sorry if this idea has been posted before.

Why is everyone still saying there is no solution when the civcraft guys got it perfect? Seriously, the presentation he presented solved everything.

People don't want to copy other mods, was the impression I got.

But civ caraft isn't a mod...

And the civcraft creator INVITED Bioxx to work with him. And Bioxx just ignored him like a complete jerk... :(

civcraft will not work with all servers we are trying to find a way that works for all servers

I'm talking about Civcrafts principles and philosophy of everything involving this thread. Take a look at the lost the creator made, it solves EVERYTHING!

It is great in fact it is amazing and I certainly wish it would have got more credit. However we aren't sure how that strategy will work with, war, large servers, sparse resources, large numbers of greifers and so forth. If there was a test to show its efficiency and that it would work correctly with all those things over a decent amount of time then we have proof not just a theory.

roads with speed bonus will help much trade (with a system contrary to soulsand). Moving boxes that do not need rails will be cool too

roads with speed bonus will help much trade (with a system contrary to soulsand). Moving boxes that do not need rails will be cool too

roads have been talked over and over!!

and moving boxes?!

that sounds really awkward...and is no different from carts which were also already discussed am i right?!

i love both, ROADS and CARTS though...but still...has been discussed at other places

I'm talking about Civcrafts principles and philosophy of everything involving this thread. Take a look at the lost the creator made, it solves EVERYTHING!

How exactly does this work? Is there anywhere I could read up on the system that Civcraft uses?

I'd like the idea of some items and such requiring ridiculous amounts of resources to craft, to the point that it's impractical for a single player to gather it all within a reasonable timeframe. Like if higher tier anvils past a certain point required more material than they currently do; it'd become a town effort to gather and produce the necessary resources for the next anvil.

I'd like the idea of some items and such requiring ridiculous amounts of resources to craft, to the point that it's impractical for a single player to gather it all within a reasonable timeframe. Like if higher tier anvils past a certain point required more material than they currently do; it'd become a town effort to gather and produce the necessary resources for the next anvil.

Well yes... that would be certainly something..BUT only if it is sth that is actually community related!!

and something really useful too!!! i couldn't come up with sth good tho..:/

a normal anvil for example would not be hard to make alone!!

Dunk mentioned steam engines and stuff like that!!

THAT would be good as a community project...make a steam anvil recipe that needs sth like 100 steel ingots and the hammer needs another 100!! the mechanics would then need pipes and handles and bars which would all be really hard to craft..

But if you do it..then you get a hammer+anvil that can do automatic crafting!! (for example you set it to the required moves for making ingots or one certain kind of tool!)

BUT: i guess this kinda thing doesn't really belong here does it?! dunno...maybe it does.

But if you do it..then you get a hammer+anvil that can do automatic crafting!! (for example you set it to the required moves for making ingots or one certain kind of tool!)

BUT: i guess this kinda thing doesn't really belong here does it?! dunno...maybe it does.

I myself don't see a problem with a steam-powered "power hammer" if you still have to "program" what steps you would do for the task you are asking it to perform for you. I.E. you want to make a ... so you put the plans in the power hammer and tell it to Upset, Bend, Bend, Bend, Draw, Punch, Light Hit (not a real sequence only used for this example) then you get your ... bar and put it in the steam-powered machine and out comes your tool head or if you weren't very good at programming it your worked bar that has had the above programmed steps taken on it.

-snip-

Yes that's exactly what I meant;) a good blacksmith could still use the knowledge he has about the recipes by programming in the exactly right steps:) So his quality is not lost!! hopefully;)

I was thinking on the problems with stealing/griefing etc. I think that economies and politics should be managed by the players themselves. For the stealing/griefing problems, I would say that before a player logs out of a server, they are given a gui which will allow them to set up an npc to guard their house. If you have a large house, there should be a way to add some kind of lock or puzzle that it would take a max of 60 seconds to crack in order to access a storage container so that the npc has time to get to where the infiltrator is and slay them before they can open it and get away. The npc for a player should have their skin and only be able to wear and use the armor and weapons that the player actually has. It should also be able to allow certain entities to enter and exit the premises of the patrol area, eg peaceful mobs, friendly players etc. This solves the problem of a player logging out because now they have a guard for their house. Before you npc haters try to tear this idea apart, remember that it isn't really adding a mining, working npc, just allowing the player to guard their house when they are offline. I honestly have no idea how much coding this would take or if it is completly unphsable, but I would very much like this to be implemented into the mod.

Note: I have not read the forum in its entirety, so sorry if this idea has been posted before.

Does anyone have any feedback for me on this?

Does anyone have any feedback for me on this?

People will respond to your posts if they want to. You don't need to self-quote yourself to yell for attention.

I would abuse the fuck out of any AI they give such an NPC to not only rob a players chests, but also their inventory when they log out.

Although the concept of an NPC that is only really active when the player logs off is neat. It would just have to be incredibly powerful and tough to kill, as well as bound to some form of home zone block so you don't plop it in somebody elses place and log out. Not that it matters, people will still just tunnel under the chests and rob 'em blind.

I would abuse the fuck out of any AI they give such an NPC to not only rob a players chests, but also their inventory when they log out.

Although the concept of an NPC that is only really active when the player logs off is neat. It would just have to be incredibly powerful and tough to kill, as well as bound to some form of home zone block so you don't plop it in somebody elses place and log out. Not that it matters, people will still just tunnel under the chests and rob 'em blind.

Well if you have something valuable enough for someone to try tunneling under your house in TFC then I would assume you do more than just put up an NPC and hope no one thinks of that, if someone has something of that value then they are probably going to hide it with traps, long, confusing mineshafts and basically just make it really hard for anyone to get. On the idea of "oh I have a pickaxe, but I don't want some newly spawned idiot just walking up to my house and taking it, the NPC idea should work just fine. Additionally, if you have something super valuable in your chests, you're probably going to have armor and a weapon, my whole concept is to make it so that you can guard your house while you are offline. Lets face it; if your enemy is breaking into your house unarmed and your NPC is armed with javelins or armor, you house will remain fairly safe, but if they are attacking with red or blue steel armor and weapons and you don't have that teir of stuff, would you win even if you were online? If they are coming at you with similar their stuff, they would still have to be a pretty experienced MC fighter to take out the NPC, but it would still make it a pain in the ass for them. If you can script the NPC's GUI like I said above then you could set options for the NPC not to attack certain people and their NPCs' thus allowing large settlements of people to post town guards on their borders, killing mob and enemy player alike, making it very lucrative to team up.

...probably going to hide it with traps, long, confusing mineshafts and basically just make it really hard for anyone to get...

We need invisible blocks we could make hidden jumping puzzles over lava pits.... make them work for their theft... or make it so ridiculously difficult that they would rather just work for the stuff themselves.

We need invisible blocks we could make hidden jumping puzzles over lava pits -snip-

That sounds good in theory, but what happens if they bring gravity proof blocks?

Just an idea on currency, there could be smith-able coins from certain metals, I was thinking specifically of copper, iron, gold, red and blue steel, with no other purpose in the game other than to act as currency, of course, to be fair, one ingot would have to make at least five coins. Also these coins should have a very large stack size. You could also make the eventuality of paper money, by adding a dye to paper, making it a sheet of paper money. Both of these concepts would better simulate the idea of currency and making it more realistic as different nations would use different currencies. Also, furthering the whole anti-grief/robbing idea, you could make a type of chest that has a lock on it, and when you smith the lock it comes with a key, allowing only the person with the exact key or a replica of it to get in the chest unless the perpetrator wanted to stand around for about 60 seconds trying to break open the chest, this makes it even more of a pain in the ass to rob from people, but still doesn't make it impossible, and also allows time for the NPC guard to catch the perpetrator and kill them.