Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Kingdoms Brainstorming

899 posts in this topic

I think breakouts would be awesome, but they would have to be hard. Although jail is just a temp ban by another name, it is important to a game which is basically trying to move away from traditional moderation techniques to more active roles. I know that, as a moderator, it's a lot more fun to track someone down and beat them with a stick to send them to jail than it is to listen to someone moan, then type in a sentence to temp ban them and be on my merry way.

They would be as hard as the community makes them.

Put a jail whereever you want. Player inside has no items, so he can't break out. If the community defends it and makes it hard to get him out it is, if they have the jail on the edge of town with ease of access that's another story.

I can see the second part of your statement, I just disagree that you take them to jail. You round up a posse and you kill the guy that's wanted. This isn't the modern world.

I can see the second part of your statement, I just disagree that you take them to jail. You round up a posse and you kill the guy that's wanted. This isn't the modern world.

Killing him is all well and good in theory, but unless death has consequences, it means nothing to kill criminals :S

If it's not possible to code it so people can't log out of a server when in jail, then have it so someone who logs out while in it gets IP banned. This would mean jail time can't be too long, but not so short they don't learn lesson. Also when jailed their spawn should be set to the jail, and their saturation bar is dropped to zero, A few jumps and banging on walls will severely cause loss of hunger bars, then they die and lose items but are still stuck in jail.

Some cells have windows to see carefree explorers prance in the meadow, others are solid rock throughout with no-one ever being around to so much as wave at them.

What I'm saying is I want a dungeon, aand maybe those public cells where people can throw rotten vegetables at them •3•

I have seen on a server, that you needed to be logged on, and not afk to server time, however i think this was a bukkit plugin sadly :(

lol gizmo, throwing rotten lettuce at people would be very amusing!

would it be posible to code it so that if someone grifed a town and the mayor reported ti/posted it on some bounty board type thing, and the person was killed by bounty hunters, any player or group who could catch and kill the guy, then they would spawn in the town jail.

this so a random fall doesn't make them go to jail

That... sounds feasible, but hard to understand from the way you wrote it.

This was suggested MANY MANY times before, if you bothered to use the search bar lol.

As soon as someone commits a crime, a mode could be switched on so that when they die, they would be auto banned for 1 or more days. They would obviously have to be imprisoned in some way, but it removes them from the game entirely if they can't be caught or they escape.

What I mean is that the imprisonment (putting in jail) would be different than killing them. This "baton" could freeze them in place, disabling their control while the detaining OP could search their inventory for any missing or stolen items. At this point, he could either send them to jail or release them.

If the player can't be caught or manages to escape from jail, their death (by any means) would be a temporary ban. Instead of the message "Player fell to their death" it would read "Criminal Player fell to their death" or "Criminal Player was killed by Player2"

Also, I should note that I would replace handcuffs with batons. That is, there would be no handcuffs at all, just batons. If you can beat a criminal to "death" with a baton, they get teleported to prison.

Also, it's not a "temporary ban". It's prison. They will quite literally sit in there until another player lets them out. So, in other words, the other players whose property was violated would determine the length of the ban. And the criminal's friends, if they have any, could shorten the ban by busting them out.

Also, for people talking about "not knowing where you are when you get teleported to jail" there's this wonderful button. I think it's F3 on the keyboard. You should check it out some time.

And by sit, I mean they can log in and out all they want, they will still be in prison until they are let out by another player. So, basically, they will eventually realise they're not going to be instantly let out and will either log off, or try to organize a jailbreak with their friends.

And by sit, I mean they can log in and out all they want, they will still be in prison until they are let out by another player. So, basically, they will eventually realise they're not going to be instantly let out and will either log off, or try to organize a jailbreak with their friends.

Reached my like quota, but I approve of this.

Reached my like quota, but I approve of this.

Quota?

It's Mr. vK. CE is my first and middle name. And yes, as long as it is out of my earshot, you can make them listen to all the Justin Bieber you want.

Quota?

There are a maximum number of likes you can give in a day. Apparently I'm too free with mine :L

I just did it again with the Justin Bieber comment .. CURSE YOU HUMOUR !

Lol, the limit is something like 10 from what i've seen, i made a post about it, and dunk said that he (sadly) could not do anything about it.

I still support the jail time being only logged in time, and non afk.

And I support sending people to the go to hell thread dimension via guillotine o/

Edit: or hanging if you prefer :3

Meh... not liking that idea, sorry gizmo

After how wimpy vanilla was made because of the kid demographic, I just want some more hardcore types of things

After how wimpy vanilla was made because of the kid demographic, I just want some more hardcore types of things

I don't think vanilla was made "wimpy" for a younger demographic, I think minecraft was designed as a more relaxing, peaceful game (listen to the music) it's just more subdued than most gory, violent games. It's a whole 'nother genre. and I (personally) think that's a horribly unballanced and unfair idea. Haven't I told you the nether isn't hell? C'mon, man.

My only explanation of that is the zombie pigmen, he thought having blood on them was too gruesome, I believe this was influence with the core age group that buys the game

Edit: then we throw them in whatever gets you there, and if they are perma-banned, there spawn is set there (these are all joke suggestions I hope you know :D)

Lots of random conversation going to pull it back on track with a couple things...

cevkiv: I understand the removal of handcuffs that's great but I'm still not sure a magical teleporting baton is the answer to our problems. You are right though F3 gives coordinates this definitely true I forgot about that I haven't used it at all in TFC yet as it doesn't really fit with TFC ideas at all. This once more isn't my only problem with a magic teleporting baton though what about this mod's reputation at being reasonable believable? That flies out the window with that. Everyone will know that TFC used a coding shortcut and sacrificed believability and gameplay for ease of coding. It would be a real shame if you ask me.

Dunk:This post confused the hell out of me I thought we were trying to avoid outside influences like banning. And are we saying they are banned if there is a jailbreak or they evade capture? That would honestly bum me out, what if someone was wrongly jailed? I'm hoping I misread that. And I'm pretty sure a baton that freezes people on contact would be exactly what griefers wanted, one good hit and they could take whatever the heck they want from anyone. Once more I'm hoping I misread.

The baton idea, was that if you killed someone with the baton, it would render them uncouncious, so killing would be better as a griefer, and my idea was to drag them physically, but i understand the need for a TP since this is a game afterall.

I'm just loving that no one disagrees with bludgeoning people to death or unconscious for almost what looks like sport. Only people trusted with rights to a baton that dwell in a town should be granted these. I.E. A griefer would have to weasel through the whole system for a few chuckles