Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deathbytac0

Forge won't work

16 posts in this topic

When I right click on my forge it does nothing. There is nothing wrong the way it is placed. It is about 4 blocks underground and has a chimney coming up right over it, so it doesn't bend, then it has an overhanging block to shield it from rain and to keep me from getting raped my monsters. It burnt out long ago... it has nothing in it, but I don't really want to waste 9 charcoal before I move.

Normally when you can't right click on the forge, it is due to the fact that it lacks sufficient ventilation (i.e. chimney/ can see the sky).

So, without the overhang it'd have direct access to the sky, correct?

Could you remove the overhang and then see if the forge works properly?

Also a screenshot of your setup wouldn't hurt.

Well the forge can have a side vent right? One bend in it. If you make a forge outside and it's temporary and just sits there, you normally would put a block above the chimney with an air pocket open to the world, that's all it is.

Anyway I'll get some pics.

Yah, you can have the ventilation be one to the side.

Not sure why your setup doesn't work, unless the overhang is too high for it to register the ventilation to the sides.

Couldn't make the forge in creative and it's getting too late.

Did you try picking up that wooden block and seeing if you could access the forge once it was cleared?

Yah, you can have the ventilation be one to the side.

Not sure why your setup doesn't work, unless the overhang is too high for it to register the ventilation to the sides.

Couldn't make the forge in creative and it's getting too late.

Did you try picking up that wooden block and seeing if you could access the forge once it was cleared?

No, I might try that tomorrow. It shouldn't be too high though because I set up this in creative and it works:

bloomery and forge

Posted Image

forge chimney bend from bloomery access

Posted Image

full chimney

Posted Image

That bend is much higher.

Well my question was that the bend might be out of reach of its search range. In that picture the bend occurs right away, while in yours the bend occurs after several more blocks.

Well my question was that the bend might be out of reach of its search range. In that picture the bend occurs right away, while in yours the bend occurs after several more blocks.

Bend is about 6 blocks high on my buggy one, and 9 on my creative one.

The initial bend, where it actually bends, not how high the chimney is.

Because it looks like your first one goes up 4 before bending, and your latter one only goes up three before bending.

Just trying to see if that's the issue.

Though since it's day again, I might be able to try that for myself now.

So, any luck? It might just be buggy forges, I might be able to make a working one later. The bellows on the other forge don't really work either, code might need to be relooked.

Well, got a bit sidetracked yesterday, but I was able to test in in creative just now.

It actually seems that the bend need to take place in the 1st block above the forge (so literally how the wiki shows it)

Posted Image

No blockage (works obviously)

Posted Image

Initial bend (works)

Posted Image

Extended bend (works)

Posted Image

Delayed bend (does not work)

Posted Image

Further open delayed bend (does not work)

Posted Image

BTW, I like your sig :).

Oh, okay. That doesn't explain why my other forge why it works with a bend 7 blocks up. No matter though I'm not going to complain!

Thanks!

Oh, okay. That doesn't explain why my other forge why it works with a bend 7 blocks up. No matter though I'm not going to complain!

Thanks!

Maybe what happens is that you didn't turned off the forge. If it turns off at any moment, i'm pretty sure you won't be able to open it's GUI again.

Look at the picture it burnt out.

I put a trapdoor on my chimney and it works fine, thanks!

Why didn't your first work: the bend has to be on the first block above the forge as salvatos explained. A trapdoor does not count as block and will NOT shield your forge from rain. Make a chimned as explained in the picture salvatos posted.

Anything else won't work, since the forge just searches for a bend in the first block above itself. Any further bend is recognized as "no direct way to sky". Why did your creative-setup work? i dont know, maybe a bug with the bloomery... not sure though. Build it as in the picture and you won't have any problems.

I couldnt get my forge to work earlier, it turned out there were jungle tree leaves high above my chimney. after chopping it down it worked fine. the leaves werent immediately above the chimney, more like 15- 20 blocks above. something to keep in mind